One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
The Challenge EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
The Challenge EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
The Challenge EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
The Challenge EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
The Challenge EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
The Challenge EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
The Challenge EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
The Challenge EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
The Challenge EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Challenge Empty The Challenge Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:37 pm

Gerard Sinnet

Free Agents
Free Agents

Gerard Sinnet
Task:

All eyes were being drawn to the stage being set up in the town center. Needless to say, the people were confused. Just what was going on here? These guys had literally just started setting this thing up out of nowhere. At least, that's what it had looked like.

Off to the side, Gerard was getting everything ready. It hadn't been too hard to find the manpower to set this up. Really, the difficulty was setting up a way for his message to get across the whole island. Thankfully there were some Den Den Mushis he had been able to loan for this, and the men he hired should be setting them up around the island even as he waited.

Eventually, everything was set up. The stage set. A Den Den Mushi, complete with a microphone was set up on stage, and a crowd had gathered, curious about the spectacle. Gerard adjusted his coat, and slowly swaggered onto the stage. The crowd went quiet, looking at the sharply dressed man. This was somebody they had never seen before. What was he doing here?

Gerard stepped up to the mic, clearing his throat and tapping it. The snail before him projected the sound out for the crowd to hear. Satisfied that the sound system was working, Gerard picked up the microphone, and sounded spoke out loudly for the people to hear him.

"Ladies and gentlemen of Minion! Lend me your ears." Gerard spoke out with a grand flare. After all, if he was going to do this, he was going to do it magnificently, "My name is Gerard Sinnet, or the Dandyman, if you prefer." Hey, he may as well have a nickname while he was at it. "I come to you all today to make this announcement. Today is the day I become your king!"

2The Challenge Empty Re: The Challenge Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Gerard Sinnet

Free Agents
Free Agents

Gerard Sinnet
The people in the crowd stared at Gerard in silence, trying to take in just what he had said. This random guy, who turned up out of nowhere, just declared that he was going to be their king? They didn't know whether to laugh at the outrageous claim, or to be angered by his audacity.

One person seemed to make the decision for them, shouting out from the crowd. "And what the hell makes you think we need a king?" a murmur rose up from the crowd in agreement. Gerard smirked, already have an answer for the man. "Because, good sir, you people have been taken advantage of." He spread his arms out before him, "For years, you guys have been plundered of your citizens by marines, pirates and revolutionaries alike. And what do you have for it? A freezing town, run down housing, and even a town completely abandoned! You call this living? To be honest, you guys are being scammed by the world, and you're letting them! It's disgraceful!"

An angry murmur spread out amongst the crowd. Apparently they weren't taking kindly to Gerard's words. A few of the men in the crowd, five to be exact, climbed up onto the stage, looking very menacingly at Gerard. "And what makes you think a fancy pants like you is in any position to change that?" So, it seems the locals were getting a bit violent. Maybe a little demonstration was in order. "Because, good sir, I can do this!" Sticking a hand out in front of him, a noxious cloud of gas sprayed out in front him, surrounding the five men. Almost immediately the gas took effect. The men cried out, choking on the corrosive vapors as it ravaged their lungs. Gerard really didn't want to kill them, but he needed to show them he wasn't just all talk.

"You bastard!" Something climbed up onto the stage behind Gerard and charged at the man's back, swinging at his head. Much to the man's shock, his hand simply phased right through it, the purple gas reforming to form Gerard's handsome visage.

Gerard sighed. This was going to take a little bit.

3The Challenge Empty Re: The Challenge Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Gerard Sinnet

Free Agents
Free Agents

Gerard Sinnet
What had begun as an announcement had now turned into an all out brawl. Four more men had climbed up onto the stage to help their friend, but they were beginning to find that fighting a man that could turn into gas was almost impossible. A clear indicator of this was that Gerard was still continuing his little pitch, even while fighting the men. At the moment, he had slipped behind one of them, looping the handle of his cane around and grab him by the neck.

"Now, I'm not just some charlatan who's all talk," he spun the man around, kicking him in the back and launching him into his fellows. "So I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is." A man charged forward to take a swing at him, only for Gerard to duck and deliver a rather brutal upswing with his cane. "That is why I issue this challenge to the three big groups that plunder this island. The pirates, the revolutionaries, and let's not forget the marines." having ad quite enough of the men attacking him, Gerard unleashed another cloud of stinging gas at the men, sending them sprawling, coughing and hacking as the mist did its work. The audience backed away, not wanting to get caught up in it all.

With the settled, Gerard readjusted his jacket and hat, turning to the audience. "Near the center of this island is a ghost town, abandoned and in ruin. There I will wait for a representative of each of these three groups to come there and fight me. If I win, I shall take Minion as my own. If I lose, well, odds are I'll probably be dead, so it doesn't matter!" He gave a nonchalant shrug at this, "And if none of you turn up, I'll take it as you're too scared to fight me, and call it a win by default. So don't disappoint me folks." With that last bit of the message done, Gerard dropped the microphone to the ground, turned, and began to saunter off stage, casually hopping over one of the downed men as he made his way, the crowd began to back up, not wanting to get in the gas man's way.

The challenge had been issued. There was o backing out of it now. Well, technically he could. Just go to his boat, leave the island, and pretend it never happened. But he was going to become a legend dammit, and you didn't become a legend by running away. Gerard was going to see this through, and by the end of it all, he would become the king of this island.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum