One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
Dinner and a Movie? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
Dinner and a Movie? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
Dinner and a Movie? EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
Dinner and a Movie? EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
Dinner and a Movie? EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
Dinner and a Movie? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
Dinner and a Movie? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
Dinner and a Movie? EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
Dinner and a Movie? EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dinner and a Movie? Empty Dinner and a Movie? Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:55 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

TrapStar

Dante - Star Shooter|Star Shooter|Coogi|Oxy Mask

Verde - Baby Den Den Mushi|Cerberus|Eye Scope

Centurion

ace of spades
Day two for Dante on Water 7 and he still had no leads on where to locate the Shichibukai Kiretsu. Where the broker set up his operation wasn't common knowledge, but through his own underworld dealings Dante had scrambled up enough information to be led to Water 7 to chase what seemed like myth. While the name wasn't foreign to people given he was a Shichibukai, Dante couldn't pry any more information out of anyone regarding any black market activity occurring on Water 7. This was especially odd, because every Island he had been on before had a black market of its own. He wouldn't be able to believe a city with an economy as great as Water 7's didn't have dirty money being filtered through it and laundered in everyday businesses. "It's nearly midnight, can we call it a day?" Verde lagged behind Dante, the street traffic was finally beginning to thin out to just a hand full of people on a road at a time. "After I check out this restaurant we'll call it a day." Along with Dante and Verde was the 8`6 model Centurion. It clanked on the cobblestone road with each step it took. Along with this clanking there was the never ending sound of running water from the waterways that networked throughout the city. There were a few murmurs from other pedestrians as well, but other than that the trio walked in silence on the walkway beside the waterway. "Why are we headed towards the harbor? Aren't the restaurants back behind us?" Verde was also a youth who had questions to ask, which Dante admired and loathed at the same time. "It's a ship hosted place. A crew of pirates run it, but happen to also be great chefs. Draws in a crowd of people with money and a appetite for finer things. But more importantly who also aren't scared to rub elbows with a few criminals. . . . People like us basically." Verde nodded and gave a lazy yawn in response.
Making it to the harbor with hundreds of ships lined up in front of them, Dante analyzed a few of them for but a moment before walking over to a specific one. "How do you know which ship it is?" It showed no more signs of life than the others on the exterior, but Dante walked with nonchalant confidence to a seemingly desolate galleon. Only a few men standing watch were on the deck, but that was the case for the other ships as well. "They have a lot of silverware inside. It's actual metal and not wood." He was becoming quite accustomed to his Devil Fruit's abilities. Though he had yet to use it in combat, it had practical supplementary uses as well. "You eating?" Dante asked as they continued walking towards the large ship. Like the other vessels at the harbor it was lit below the deck, lights shining brightly through the windows giving the idea of being warm on the inside. "Yeah, walking around for a whole day surprisingly makes a person hungry you know." Dante laughed a bit and nodded. "Are you?" Dante wasn't a big fan of eating in public since getting burned up dealing with Cervantes, so he wasn't going to eat. That was one of the worst things about the incident given he was quite the foodie and loved a nice cooked plate of pasta. "I'll have Centurion swallow some food for me to take back to the Arakhne." Being fully mechanized the robot obviously didn't need food and while it wasn't designed to store food, being made of metal it was a great heat retainer and it had a bit of storage space on the inside. "Enjoy your lead poisoning." Verde stuffed his hands in his pockets as they stopped in front of the on water restaurant. "Take a seat." Just as he directed Verde to take a seat, Dante too sat on a few forlorn boxes at the harbor. The Centurion also sat, but the box it sat on creaked painfully under the things weight. "Not you. Get up." As ordered the A.I. got off the box and stood idly as directed. "We have to wait until some customers come out before we can go in." Lifting his mask from the bottom to onto the top of his head Dante exposed his bandage wrapped face. Only his eyes were visible until he lifted his glove clad hand to his mouth and wriggled free a few bands of bandage from over his burned mouth. Putting a cigarette in his mouth he lit it and took a puff. A few people walked by the trio retreating to their own ships for the night or out minding their own business.
乐 乑 乒 乓 out of character 乔 乕 乖 乗:

2Dinner and a Movie? Empty Re: Dinner and a Movie? Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:12 pm

K2

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

K2
Jasper had met Junbei and his crew the previous nice. They seemed like fine men and women, a fun bunch with hopes and dreams. Jasper still wasn't sure about them, but they had treated him well and welcomed him into their group with open arms, something he wasn't used to around Water 7. As far as most people were concerned on the island, Jasper was a bum. He hadn't been able to hold down a job for longer than a week or so before his angrier side revealed itself and he was fired. As a result this left him with little money and no place to stay. Lately he had made his way by fishing, something that he had once been fantastic at before this damn fruit robbed him of one of his greatest pleasures. Now he was stuck with using a makeshift rod rather than jumping and hunting down the fish on their own turf, like his adoptive family had showed him all those years ago.

With the sun beginning to dip low in the horizon and Jasper's stomach rumbling like an incoming storm, the towering eleven foot man gathered up his make-shift fishing pole from the alley he stored his things in and headed down towards the docks. The pole itself was a thick branch of driftwood he had found one day, with a hook and line from some friendly fishermen that had shared their own when they saw Jasper trying to grab the fish with his hands. Meandering down the dock, Jasper gazed around at the people as they boarded ships, some for dining, others for work and some for pleasure. He slowed his pace, curious to watch a floating brothel and the shadows that flickered out from the portholes below deck. As he walked, the people on the docks cleared away, making an obvious path for the large man as he headed towards the end of the dock to cast his line and wait for dinner.

A bright shine caught his eye, nearly blinding him as the rays of the sun reflected off of something shiny farther down the dock. Walking up to it, Jasper noticed three men standing around near a dining galley, clearly waiting to be seated. One man was clearly keeping his face down, hidden from any prying eyes that might bother him. Another seemed to simply be bored and hungry, similar to Jasper himself as he sat on one of the left out boxes on the dock. Finally, it was the last man that caught Jasper's attention as he paused in front of the trio. Looking down at the tin-man, Jasper simply asked, What are you exactly? Mako and the other fishmen had taught Jasper a lot during their years together, but how to properly introduce yourself or speak to others evidently wasn't one of them.

3Dinner and a Movie? Empty Re: Dinner and a Movie? Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:34 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

TrapStar

Centurion

ace of spades
Dante coughed a bit as some of the smoke irritated his lungs. It had been a while since he smoked since it irritated his burns. It was well worth it however as it took the edge off and allowed him to relax as he waited for a few people to open up some room aboard the ship. As they waited eventually a guy approached and asked a question. He was fairly open with his curiosity, something Dante thought was funny and a bit annoying at the same time. Verde just turned over his shoulder to look at the guy and of course Centurion didn't answer or even give acknowledgment to the man's presence. "He took a vow of silence. Doesn't talk. You look like a man with a few stories. What are you?" Dante flicked away his unfinished cig into the water near the boat before he spoke and slid his bandages back over his mouth. His mask rest atop his head still as he turned his attention to the man and stuffed his hands in his pockets. He was a tall fellow. Broad all american built type of guy with a steely look to him. Definitely went through his fair share of life before arriving at this moment to ask his question. A rouge breeze would sigh overtop the area bringing in a sea salt aroma and four people from the floating eatery. Dante's eyes alone scrolled with the people as they walked in front of the group to filter into the light traffic on the road to Dante's left. His coat was resting on his shoulders draping over the back of the box he sat atop of until he stood up, his hands coming out his pockets as he did so. "I'm not usually one to toss out a meal to strangers, but since I'm not eating care for a bite to eat?" He would turn and look up to the stranger, he hated having to do so, look up at someone. His neck was fine, but he felt "less than" when doing so. As is he was back in his childhood asking his father for some spare change to get a bite to hold him over for the day. This time Dante had the opportunity to be the one feeding, however. Not that it made him feel like a bigger man, but he found it to be a funny relation to his past.

4Dinner and a Movie? Empty Re: Dinner and a Movie? Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:39 am

K2

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

K2
Jasper continued looking at the iron man even the robots bandaged boss spoke to him. Vow of silence? Hmmmm. Jasper asked, not expecting an answer but instead letting his mind trail off. His audible thought hung in the air between the group for a long, awkward minute as he continued sizing the metal man up and down. The creature's credit, whatever it may be, it didn't seem particularly bothered by Jasper's unending stares. Finally, Jasper looked away from the metal man, giving up on trying to figure out what to do with such a creation and instead decided to turn his attention to the bandaged man. Looking at the massive tree branch he held on his shoulder as a fishing rod, Jasper stared down at Dante and said, A fisherman, I am a fisherman...sometimes. Even he knew his words sounded awkward and somehow he hadn't answered the question quite right. Shaking his head he backtracked, I'm Jasper, erm...my name is Jasper.

A moment passed before he remembered the standard procedure when meeting a new human that Mako had taught him. Putting out his massive hand to Dante, he said, My name is Jasper. What is your name? Whether Dante took his hand and introduced himself or not wouldn't bother Jasper as he himself was only doing it because he had been told it was the proper form of greeting. To him it didn't feel natural to touch someone else simply to say hello. Jasper looked up at the large ship behind the men, its sweet and savory aromas wafting down to where he stood on the dock and making his mouth fill with saliva. Dante's deal was kind if not out of the blue. He thought about his fishing pole and how tired he was of magma cooked, or burned rather, seafood. Yes, yes I'd like that very much, thank you. Jasper said with several nods of his head, waiting for Dante and his friends to begin boarding the ship. I've been told never to take handouts. I don't have much money, but sometime I would like to pay you back for this meal. Jasper said, knowing that it was never a good idea to take something free and expect to pay nothing in return. Mako had always told him there was a price to everything, even if not always blatantly stated from the beginning.

5Dinner and a Movie? Empty Re: Dinner and a Movie? Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:33 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

TrapStar

Centurion

ace of spades
Dante nodded as the man repeated what he had said. One man echoing and  accepting the fact the robot had taken a vow of silence and the other resonating with the lie he told as to remember to tell it to others that asked. Dante would continue to nod to the man's words until he gave him his name. A name was a powerful in this world or at least in these times with the lifestyle Dante led. It could sway nations to war or force a nation to its knees. He found it odd that he himself was laying the name Birdie to rest when it was just now getting actual power behind it. He had to be sure to amount a different flavor of power with the name Dante for the time being. That way when the time came to tie the knot and bind the two names, he'd have two different world's of power that he couldn't be robbed of. He liked the thought of it all, but for now he would focus on making an acquaintance of this behemoth of a man. "Dante." Seeing the extended hand that came with the exchange of names Dante chuckled beneath his bandages. "I'm not one for formalities unless I'm closing a deal." "Even then the handshake would come with a knife for your back." Verde chimed in and gave a roll of his eyes at Dante's mannerisms. Shaking his head at Verde's own antics, Dante began to walk to the boat with Jasper having accepted his invitation. "I'm sure we could work something out once I see what talents or knowledge you have." Dante half expected Verde to make another knife remark, but he seemed to be minding his own business.
"How many?""Table for four." Dante said to the man who seemed to be in charge of seating. They weren't even on the ship's plank to the deck before they were asked, so the place must really host a unique crowd of people or be home to some shady dealings. Dante liked it.
The group would be cleared to enter, but not before the man gave Dante's party a suspicious size up. It surely had to be an odd group of customers, but Dante was sure the man had seen more outlandish groups. "You'll meet your server inside. Weapons in this chest please." He waved an arm which beckoned the group up the plank onto the deck where an empty treasure chest was. Dante and Verde would drop their guns into the chest and that would be it. Centurion was a walking weapon as was Dante's Jacket, but that was none of the man's business nor was he aware. After the disarming was done he would walk ahead of them to a door which led below the deck to the restaurant.
Dinner and a Movie? Unknow10
While the ship was a galleon and Dante expected something upscale, it was far more luxurious than he had expected. The glances his party received when they approached the plank were now a bit understandable. "Would you look at this." The ambience was set perfectly and the noise level hovered at an amount of decibels that gave the room a feeling of life, but not banter one could not ignore. The other guest seemed to be well off as most were dressed nice, others were obviously pirates, but even then they dressed in a way that said they had done their fair share of looting and belonged in such a prestigious establishment. "Looks like you picked a fine day to turn up Jasper." Dante laughed as he followed their server to their table which was on the outer ring of the room. There being two rings, the outside and inside. Those on the outside were near the walls of the restaurant which was actually an aquarium. Those on the inside were closer to a cylindrical tube like aquarium that also housed fish in it and provided some light to the room.

Dante's party were seated at a round table, giving each of them a nice amount of empty space to their sides no matter where they sat. "My name is Bryson and I'll be your server today. Can I start you off with drinks?" "I'll take the most poisonous bottle of wine you guys have." The waiter made a face, but jotted whatever down on his note pad then looked at Verde. "Same." Another face that communicated faint disgust, he looked at the Centurion. "He's fine." Last was Jasper whom Dante hoped knew he could get whatever he wanted. After that was done, Dante would look at Jasper with his ominous peepers. "So what are you doing on Water 7? Don't seem like a Marine or a merchant."

6Dinner and a Movie? Empty Re: Dinner and a Movie? Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:02 pm

K2

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

K2
Jasper closed his hand and retracted it as Dante and Verde shared a short chuckle. He had been told it was how humans greeted one another and yet here this human (or so Jasper assumed he was as the bandages blocked any confirmation) was flat out denying it. Hmm, no bother. I don't much understand the business of shaking hands anyway. Jasper said as he followed Dante and Verde up the walkway and onto the ship. Jasper watched as Dante and the other man dropped several weapons into the restaurants security chest. Jasper wasn't sure if these weapons meant these men were trouble or simply interested in protecting themselves. Whatever the case may be he wasn't concerned so long as the weapons weren't pointed at him. As the rest of his group moved on, Jasper inspected his fishing rod and then looked down at the chest. He did this several times, debating what to do with the make-shift rod before making eye contact with one of the wait-staff passing through who gave him a very suspicious and concerned look.

Deciding it best not to upset anyone, Jasper placed the branch-fishing rod on top of the chest as it was too long to actually fit in the chest itself. Giving it a quick pat, he followed his new friends down into the bowels of the ship. Jasper couldn't help himself as he marveled at the luxury of the ship. All around him fish swam freely in the built in aquariums and without realizing he had strayed off, Jasper found his face nearly pressed up against the glass of one of the aquariums, watching the fish lazily float by. His stomach growled fiercely just watching them, upsetting a nearby couple as they ate, but Jasper payed them no mind. Noticing that his group was being lead off, Jasper peeled himself away from the glass and quickly caught up. Um...hmm...milk please. Cow preferably, goat is fine too. Jasper said as he took a seat at the table. Jasper had never cared for the taste of alcohol, it burned and generally tasted like garbage as far as he was concerned. Turning his attention to the man named Dante, Jasper smiled with a playful chuckle, Oh no, I'm definitely not a merchant. Nope. Not a Marine either, too much structure and not enough time for fun. I was left here, on Water 7 I mean. Jasper said simply, stopping and filling the table with an uncomfortable silence that gave no further indication. After a moment, he realized his error and waved his hands in front of himself as if to clear the very air, Sorry, I always forget to explain myself. I used to live with a group of fishmen, but then this happened, Jasper said, turning his right hand into magma for the entire table to see before quickly turning it back, and it wasn't safe for me to swim around with them anymore, so they left me here and tried to teach me how to live among my own kind. That was about two years ago. As Jasper spoke he reached for a large breadstick in the bread basket and tore off a large hunk, chewing slowly and watching the reactions of each of his compatriots before asking, What brings you all to Water 7?

7Dinner and a Movie? Empty Re: Dinner and a Movie? Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:03 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

TrapStar

Centurion

ace of spades
Dante spotted the straggler of the group, but didn't give a reaction to him as he seemed to be very intrigued by the fish and unaccustomed to the luxury the ship had to offer. Dante had a similar experience the first time he got into a high end restaurant, not only did he marvel at the things he saw, but he also experienced a feeling of pride. He had clawed his way up from heaps of trash and poverty to paying for his own meals that costed more than the clothes on most people's backs. This is why he was never one to shy away from indulging in the spoils that he accumulated over the length of his piracy and business dealings. He had gone so long being hungry, not only in the literal sense, but as far as realizing his true potential and seeing his ambitions fulfilled. He already knew in his last few years of living should they be spent in retirement and not out working the seas, he'd be one fat son of a bitch.
Dante leaned back in his seat, his arms spreading to their full wingspan to rest on the backs of the seat, but in no one's space. While it was a minute use of his abilities, keeping the filings of titanium laid flat to not damage the seat was something Dante had to expend a bit of focus on as to not raise any suspicions. It required a bit of his attention, but it was also a nice exercise for his newly found abilities. Dante's eyes were restless as Verde and Jasper ate the complimentary breadsticks. Scanning the patrons of the eatery, he was happy the fish tank in the middle of the establishment was kept clean for he could see straight through the water. While the images of those beyond the aquarium were distorted, he still could get a general feel of the crowd. While their appearance in the aesthetic department was out of the ordinary, there were two other tables that had people Dante dubbed as pirates or criminals of some sort at them.

"Eh, at least it was Water 7 you got abandoned at, as opposed to any of these other islands in the Grandline. They can be pretty unforgiving." Dante shifted in his seat a bit as he felt he saw a familiar face, but he wasn't quite sure what note they had left off on. He had encountered and bled too many people to be able to remember who he already turned into a victim and who was unscathed.

"That actually seems like a top notch power. Can you shoot the stuff too?" Verde entertained the guest while Dante ran through memories in his head of the person it was he was stealing glances at. While he would have been very interested in Jasper's powers he sadly missed the display. "Verde, when's the last time we spoke to Tyr the Steel Hand?" "Hm?" Verde hummed as he looked over to Dante then followed where his eyes were looking to see the very familiar looking man who was dining with a few others a few tables away.
Dinner and a Movie? KK
He was a Marine Dante had done dealings with. It'd surely be a nice piece of blackmail to be able say that man, who was imprisoned for pirate related crimes, but found redemption by pledging his life to the Marines, was playing in the Black Market with Pirates. "Last contact we had with him was before you went to Alabasta and got tied up with Cervantes." The beverages came, both Dante and Verde looked up and thanked the waiter, before going back to their conversation. "So about three years ago." One could hear the pondering that was going on inside Dante's mind through his tone of voice. Verde simply nodded as he began pouring himself a cup of the wine. "Drinking?" He had poured his and let the tilted bottle hover above Dante's glass waiting for his confirmation. "Yeah." It was evident he was mentally absent for the most part right now despite the fact his focus was now back at his own table, albeit staring thoughtfully at the glass of wine Verde poured for him. "Are we ready to order food?" With all the drinks handed out the waiter stood patiently awaiting orders. Dante just gave a wave of denial letting the man know he wasn't eating. "I'll have whatever it is that guy is eating." He pointed at a table adjacent from the group at a couple that was near the aquarium that was in the middle of the room. "That'd be the bouillabaisse." Verde gave a shrug of his shoulders. "Lets have it then." The waiter nodded and shifted his focus to Jasper then, ignoring Centurion as he'd yet to even show signs of life.
After the orders were taken Dante would grab his glass of wine and reacquaint himself with the guest. "Sorry about all that, just business stuff. Not a big fan of alcohol?" He moved his bandages with his other hand, so that he could actually drink the wine, then did what it was he had prepared for. Setting the glass back down he waited for Jasper's answer while playing through scenarios in his head as to how he'd wriggle his parasitic claws back into Tyr.

8Dinner and a Movie? Empty Re: Dinner and a Movie? Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:09 pm

K2

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

K2
Jasper turned to Verde as he began talking, leaving Dante to stare into space as he suddenly was doing. Even as Verde was speaking however, Jasper noticed that Dante's line of sight was concentrated on something to the left of Jasper, over his shoulder. Jasper wasn't enough of a fool to turn around and draw attention to himself, but he was curious as to what Dante could be so intrigued by in this restaurant. It certainly has its uses, but I'd rather be able to swim than melt things with a touch. Jasper said with a shrug, Ah yes, I can actually. Though admittedly I haven't tried since I first acquired this power. It was on some unmarked island without any people around. Here on Water 7 I have to be careful when and where I use it, don't need to scare away people and have the Marines come around.

Jasper fell silent and watched Verde and Dante's short interaction as the drinks came around. Taking a long swig from his crystal glass of milk, Jasper waited patiently for the two to conclude their business. He looked over at the robot again, still curious as to what its purpose was or what it was thinking - could it even think? Stirring him from his own thoughts was the waiter by his side, Oh um..yes, that sounds good. I'll have that too. Jasper said, handing the waiter his menu and watching him walk off to place the orders. Um, what did I just order? Jasper asked, turning to Verde who had ordered the same thing.

Hearing Dante's voice suddenly chime in, Jasper turned his attention back to his host and held up a hand, Don't worry about it. Is he a friend of yours? Should we ask him to sit with us? Jasper asked genuinely. He had no idea who this man was, but had pieced together enough information from Verde and Dante's quick conversation as well as Dante's fixation with whoever was behind Jasper, that he figured he'd at least ask. Oh no, I've never really liked alcohol. It burns on the way down and when you live with the curse of burning and melting all your life... Jasper trailed off, deep in thought for a moment, Well it's nice to mix it up a bit sometimes, you know? He said with a smile, taking a sip of his milk.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum