One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
[task] This ain't Hockey EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
[task] This ain't Hockey EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
[task] This ain't Hockey EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
[task] This ain't Hockey EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
[task] This ain't Hockey EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
[task] This ain't Hockey EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
[task] This ain't Hockey EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
[task] This ain't Hockey EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
[task] This ain't Hockey EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[task] This ain't Hockey Empty [task] This ain't Hockey Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:01 am

Dasnet

Marines
Marines

Dasnet
ensign Dasnet
Adamantune was rather confused by the details he was given on the task at hand. He was to investigate what happened to a few individuals from the local police force. They had apparently been investigating an underground dog-fighting ring. The Marines had not supplied him with a suspect list, so either no one knew if there really was an underground dog-fighting ring, it was just a hoax to take out some police officers, or the police in this place had really shitty intel. Wherever the truth lay, he would find out soon enough. Standing outside the precinct of the police department in question, Adamantune noted how there seemed to be little traffic around him.

Understandable, he thought it was. He had heard before that when things played out the way they had as did here, the police department either became a bustling little building or a very isolated, dull looking ghost town. This police department in particular appeared to be of the latter. Adamantune noted even within, the atmosphere was sombre. He also noticed that everyone was wearing a black formal dress suit as opposed to the normal police attire he usually saw in other towns. Perhaps they were declaring their missing men deceased. A quick question with a passing officer relayed the information that they had found the body of one of the kidnapped officers in a dumpster.

Ah, Captain, Adamantune saluted him in greeting.

The police captain waved it away, saying "My organization is under yours, I should be saluting you. Even if you are only an ensign"

Ah, well, anyways, care to debrief me? I'm afraid I didn't get the appropriate intel from my guys -net

"Yeah, well now that you're here, I guess I'll gather my men to fill you in and all that jazz"

About ten minutes later, in the briefing room, Dasnet sat near the end of the table, next to a rather beefy man who seemed to be sweating like he had to lose half a gallon of water every ten seconds or he would die from water poisoning. A rather frightfully frail looking man was standing at the head of the table. His hair formed a yellow fringe that ended just above his nose, blocking his eyes almost entirely. Adamantune silently wondered if the guy could see anything at all.

"Er, I would like to welcome our guest, er, from the Marine, er, who was sent to help us in this, er, our time of, uh, need." He seemed to be having trouble finding the appropriate words to say. "And, uh, well, er, some of our men, er, have gone missing. Even yesterday, um, Steve, yeah, went to go look up a certain CI, but then he never returned, er, neither here - nor, uh, to home. And then, this, er, morning, uh, finding the body of Steve, in, uh, a dumpster. In, um, total, there have been, 15, er police abductions. These have all been policemen with some ties to investigating the alleged, uh, dog-fighting ring in town. And, um, upon the body of Steve, we found the, er, calling card of the group, uh no, the bandit, slash mob family, er, the Luongo family. As of now, er, we have no evidence in spite of the calling card."

He paused, taking a sip of water from a glass. Then taking another sip. And another sip. And now, he decided to down the rest of the glass' contents. He stopped halfway. The group stared at him expectantly. He held their attention for a full ten seconds. The room was silent and still with stiff anticipation.

It was broken only by the man with the fringe and speech impediment turning blue and falling to the ground choking. Everyone in the room fell off their seats, with the exception of Adamantune who angrily got to his feet,

Are you kidding me, dammit!

The man with the speech impediment seemed to recover on his own, and without waiting for the group to settle back into their former mode, he began to continue,

"Ummm, where was I, ah, yeah, um, so while we know the calling card belongs to, uh, the, er, Luongo family we-"

Oi! You can't be serious! You were dying a second ago!

Unperturbed, the man continued, "Uh, we can't prove they placed either or, uh, both the body and the card at the dumpster. So, yeah, uh, Marine Ensign, sir, uh, we need you to investigate, uh, what has happened to our men, uh please."

One by one, the men filed out of the room, leaving ensign Adamantune Dasnet all on his own.

OOOOOII! That barely tells me what I have to do, dammit!

He slammed his hands on the table. A moment later, the man with the speech impediment sidled in, said quietly, "Uh, please don't damage precinct property, sir, uh please. Thanks, um much, sir, uh, yeah" then sidled back out. Adamantune stormed out of the precinct to get on to finding this 'Luongo family' and put an end to their tyranny on the local police department.
iustitia est dominante

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum