One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
The Following Day - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
The Following Day - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
The Following Day - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
The Following Day - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
The Following Day - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
The Following Day - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
The Following Day - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
The Following Day - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
The Following Day - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

15The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:11 pm

Shichamatsu

Marines
Marines

Shichamatsu
Now this was a first. Hure told him that she would sing him anything he wanted to hear! Problem was he didnt have a single idea as to what he wanted. For starters he didnt listen to much music in the first place, never really having the time between training and his anti-government machinations. He did enjoy metal, jazz, and opera among a few other things. Definitely nothing Hure had ever heard before. But their conversation would have to wait until the waiter finished taking their orders. The finely dressed man slid two cups if water onto the table before reaching into his apron for his pen and notepad Sorry for the wait, we have a couple of customers giving us trouble. Are you folks ready to order? he brandished his paper and writing utensil. Vicktur gave the menu one more quick glance, not wanting to be one of those people who took forever to order something. There were any number of people dining in this morning and the waiter didnt need to waste his time on them. Just the Bacon and Eggs will do fine. he closed the menu and handed it to the waiter And how would you like those egss cooked? he asked as he took it from Vicktur Whatever's easier for the chef. I don't really have a preference. which he didnt but mostly he didnt want to wait any longer than he had to. Okay... the waiter took a second to jot it all down And the toast? White or Wheat? to which Vicktur replied Wheat without missing a beat. Upon finishing his order the waiter turned to get Hure's. Vicktur took a drink of his water while he waited.

16The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:26 pm

iayui

Marines
Marines

iayui
Their waiter would apologize for the wait, even though it had not felt like they had waited at all. He mentioned that others here were causing some issues, trouble as be said it. It was a shame that a group would come into such a fine establishment and attempt to stir up a ruckus. She understood doing do outside, or on private property, but doing so in a place meant for quiet chats esting, and dates was something low for anyone to do.

Viktor would be the first to order his food, going for the basic breakfast that many enjoyed on a daily basis if they lived in town. Once he was done the waiter would ask what she wanted. It was something that she had decided almost immediately after seeing it on the menu as an option. "I'll have the red velvet pancakes meal please?" A simple nod and 'yes mam' would done by the waiter as he quickly wrote it down. There were no actual choices to make with the order unless she wished to replace things in it, which she did not. It was simply the three pancakes, sausage, a small bowl of fruit, and the sweet maple syrup that we could pour over the already sweet bread in the meal. The woman knew what red velvet was but had never actually had the luxury of trying something like it. Exotic food and drink was not something she had had easy access to, and thus would relish an chance she could get to actually partake in something new and interesting.

Order complete the waiter would quickly go to bring it to the chef so they could get it as quickly as possible. Hure tested the water, a light sip, before she took a real drink of it. Fresh water was so good when this cold, and something so simple brought a smile back to the slightly sad woman's face.

17The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Shichamatsu

Marines
Marines

Shichamatsu
Red velet pancakes? He had never tried them himself. He passed the option on the menu and it didnt much appeal to him. He enjoyed sweets, sure, but preferred spicy foods if he had the choice. Which reminded him....he shouldve asked for jalapenos in his eggs. It was too late now. As the waiter made his departure Vicktur could tell Hure was rather down hearted at the moment. Maybe it was his mentioning that he was leaving? If she would just agree to go with him then that wouldnt be a problem! He wanted to make the suggestion again, but decided not to. He knew better than to push and push until he got what he wanted, atleast in this particular situation. She came to Loguetown to settle down and practice her craft. Far be it for him to get in the way of that. Besides, if she ended up not liking life on the sea she would end up blaming him for roping her in. What are your plans after today? Do you plan to stick around Loguetown for good, knowing that they might come looking for you? the way he saw it the best option was for her to move from place to place. Changing her name on each island would be the most ideal solution as well. But a life like that wasnt for everyone. It was a lifestyle that he knew he could endure, but Hure was pretty much the exact opposite of him. Then again she endured slavery, so she was possibly stronger than him in many ways. He sure as in the hell was never a slave, thats for sure.

18The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:29 pm

iayui

Marines
Marines

iayui
Her plans after today? That was a really good question. It was clear she couldn't just stick around here for good. The runaway slave was most certainly a 'product' that a Celestial Dragon would send out people to capture. "Well, I probably will stick around for a week or two before swimming off to a random island. It will be hard for them to follow me if I'm swimming on my own, there would be nothing for them to track other than sightings of me by anyone that might notice me. Though it's hard to notice a fishman that stays under the water at all times." The last part was a fact. Unless you had an underwater ship and were specifically looking for a certain fishman you would never even know they were there.

"I just need to be careful and try not to break any laws as I go. If I keep the peace, play nice, and stay within what is legal I should be fine for a while. I may even make my was back to Fishman Island and see how it's going back there." The last part would be mostly to see if any of her family was still alive and well. Her parents probably had written her off for dead. It wasn't often a slave managed to escape once they were in the hands of the rich and greedy; especially one that had unlimited pull with the current World Government. The woman would probably hate staying there, however. She could just imagine the hundreds upon thousands and questions about her life in slavery.

19The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:33 am

Shichamatsu

Marines
Marines

Shichamatsu
Fishman Island? Now there was a thought. It was probably the only place in the world that she truly didnt have to worry about the Celestial Dragons coming to get her. Plus she'd be home and around her own people. Mermaids tended not to sell other mermaids into slavery like humans did to mermaids and other humans. She was apparently thinking the same thing as him as far as the future. Thats is moving from island to island, staying on watch and out of trouble. She was dead right on the mark when she mentioned no one getting her underwater. Vicktur had a few mermaids escape on him on occassion. When they got into the water no one and nothing in existence could catch them. Not the fastesrmt submarine or any other fishman type. They were practically bullets when they were in their natural environment. He took another sip of his crisp refreshing water with ice cubes in it because he was, like, thirsty and shit. It's unfortunate but thats the life you'll have to live to stay free but he wondered if a life in fear, running for the rest of your days, could really be considered free. Had she traded one form of slavery for another?

But who knows. If you do decide to go back to Fishman Island we can see each other there. Its one of the only entrances into the New World. I'm bound to get there eventually, granted I dont get killed. which could very well happen. Atleast you'll get a chance to see your family again. I'm sure they miss you a great deal. You should cherish that. Not everyone has a family worth a damn. an off hand reference to his dead family.

20The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:43 am

iayui

Marines
Marines

iayui
It was unfortunate, and quite lonely unless she managed to make some travel buddies along the way. "Yeah, and I really want to stay free. I would rather die than have to endure what I did for any more time." She made sure that it was quiet enough for no one else to be able to overhear unless they were using something that helped them hear better, as it was something meant for Viktor's ears only. Someone else hearing it would just tip off others that she was a runaway, and runaways meant rewards for their return. Rewards brought upon greed and violence, and that would just bring it all around in a full cycle that would never end until she was back in the arms of that cruel master.

The woman perked up a bit when the man across from her mentioned seeing each other at Fishman Island. Hure doubted the tall man would die before getting there, at least in her mind. "Family will be nice to see, if they are still around or even believe it's really me. Do you know how unbelievable it would be to have a grown woman say she's your daughter after years of her being gone? I doubt even my looks will help for it. I'll still try if I ever make it there, I want to see them even if they don't remember me." The mermaid would understand the last part of what he said, but did not think it needed mentioning of. They both knew his family was dead, and most likely deserved those deaths. There was nothing more to say on that subject unless it was used for an educational reason.

21The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:28 am

Shichamatsu

Marines
Marines

Shichamatsu
Vicktur couldnt help but smile when Hure perked up in response. He often found it difficult to know if someone was genuine or if they were just using the illusion of it. It had a lot to do with his previous line of work and how shady that shit used to be. You could never tell if someone wanted to take your slaves and you to sell you all. It had happened to him a few times. And every time it ended with the other person getting dead, whether by his hands or his siblings. They werent brothers and sisters worth shit but they helped him out because he was family. And they didnt need dear old dad losing a valuable commodity. Most of the time they were picking on him, atleast until he had his growth spurt and they couldnt handle him anymore. I agree, life without freedom isnt life at all. pretty ironic coming from him, but it was genuine. He had seen exactly what slavery did to a person, and he'd rather die fighting tooth and nail to escape. Give me liberty or give me death, as he had heard from a fellow Revolutionary.

How could they forget you? You're their daughter no parent ever forgot their child. In fact, losing them was the ultimate reminder and a source of self destruction They'll believe you, no doubt. A part of them still believes that you're alive and you'll return to them. They have to believe it. The alternative is accepting that life is too cruel to bear. And no sane person can accept that and live a healthy life.

22The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:46 am

iayui

Marines
Marines

iayui
Life without freedom, that was something she knew all too well. It definitely was not life. Death was better, as she had said, and slavery was more like being caught in a hell that changed the torture every day to keep you more miserable than you thought you could be. "I..I don't know. I just have this sinking feeling in my stomach that says that's how it will go when I get there. I know they would believe me without a second thought, but that makes the feeling even worse. What if someone else came along already that looked like me and they had already taken them in? Then it just makes me look like a liar and a fake." It was clear she was just worrying over nothing for those that listened. To her it was a constant struggle that she dealt with. Her confidence in herself was not as high as she allowed others to think it was. Hure's face was stronger than her heart still, but that was something she wished to fix one day. It was self-enslavement what she did to herself, and once she could break free from herself she could finally move on and become better than the person she ever would have been had she never been kidnapped.

From the corner of her vision, the mermaid would see their waiter coming back with a platter that held what was obviously their food. The red velvet pancakes heaped upon one plate made it clear he was walking in their direction. "Looks like the foods here. Try not to eat mine too, okay?" An announcement, and a wise crack to drive them away from the depressing talk, would be made so that he might know if he was not paying enough attention.

23The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:28 pm

Shichamatsu

Marines
Marines

Shichamatsu
It sounds like you're having cold feet, eeeeh fins, flippers, or whatever. probably a tasteless joke but whatever. It was entirely possible that Hure had heard the feet/flippers/fins connection so much that it wasnt even funny anymore, if it ever was. I think you're worrying too much and putting too much stock in things that dont matter. Just focus on getting home and the rest will take care of itself. her worries about someone taking her place were strange to say the least. Unless her captors replaced her with a look alike then that was highly improbable. What kind of madness would that be? To go home only to see you had been replaced with an imposter. While it did seem crazy he could see why she would fear it happening. Being taken away from your family was one thing. But being replaced and thus forgotten was even worst. Hure stopped pondering on such negative things when their food arrived. The waiter laid their plates down in front of their designated owner, the B&E for Vicktur and the Velvet Pancakes for Hure. Both meals looked great.

Vicktur laughed at her joke, asking him not to eat her food as well Well, now that I see it I cant promise anything. It does look incredibly tasty, after all. he mused back at her. It was obviously a joke of course. If he wanted the pancakes he wouldve ordered them. If he wanted anything except for Bacon and Eggs he wouldve gotten something else. He took a bite out of a piece of bacon and finished chewing before speaking Sweets are nice and all. But salty foods and meat are the way to go. Speaking of which... he grabbed the salt shaker and began to sprinkle quite a bit on his eggs.

24The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:55 pm

iayui

Marines
Marines

iayui
The cold feet mixed joke was easily brushed off, the woman smirking at him even though she had heard it time and time again. But maybe he was right, maybe she was worrying too much. The mermaid just needed to get home eventually. After doing that she just had to hope that everything would work out in the end.

With their food here they could finally get down to eating, Viktor mentioning that he couldn't promise to not eat her food now that he could actually see it. "Well, maybe if you ask nicely I can let you try a bite." With that she would actually take a bite of the pancakes, after pouring the syrup and spreading on the little bit of cream cheese icing that had come with it. What a lot of people did not realize was that red velvet was just chocolate cake with a different color. Hure knew this, and was glad of it really. Chocolate was one of her favorite foods, and getting the cream cheese icing just made it taste even better with the sweet syrup on top. It would probably be regretted later, though that was in the future. The look on her face as he lifted the salt shaker and began shaking the fine grains onto his eggs was one or surprise. The poor man would have sodium-induced bloating if he had that much salt constantly! "I love meat and salt too, but I think that's just a little bit overboard for just eggs. Don't ya think?" The woman would take a sip of the water after saying such. It was really nice to enjoy such pleasantries. She'd have to try to do this more often.

25The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:49 pm

Shichamatsu

Marines
Marines

Shichamatsu
He could tell the jome fell flat on its face. No big deal because it was a shit joke anyway. He began to feel like he was making an ass of himself. Which was the worst thing to do when conversing with a pretty lady, or atleast it felt that way. He didnt mind that she didnt like the joke, though. He just wanted to do what he knew she'd like. She told him if he asked nicely she would let him try a bite. Okay he thought as she glazed cream cheese frosting over her pancakes. He couldnt lie, that shit looked scrumdiddlyumptious as fuck. It was only made more appealing when she drizzled liquid diabetes on top of it. It seemed like for as much salt he used she used just as much sugar. Just when the thought passed through his mind Hure commented on it. Too much salt? he feigned ignorance Is that even possible? he took a bite of them and nodded to himself that he had used enough salt. I dont know, really. I've just always preferred alot of salt on my food. It makes it taste better. he said while putting the salt away. Its kinda like all that sugar youre eating right now. Its absolutely delicious but terrible for you at the time time. he spoke in a very casual manner not trying to sound condesending or like he was calling her out. Maybe you have a point, though. My partner often makes off hand remarks about how bad too much salt is for you. Shes a doctor so she knows her sh-stuff he held back his potty mouth in regard for their polite conversation You would like her. Shes very smart and head strong. She knows what she wants and goes after it without hesitation. You two would get along famously I think.

26The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:25 pm

iayui

Marines
Marines

iayui
He would compare the salt intake to her sugar intake with the food before her. There was one difference, and only one, between his and hers. For her, this was something she would do once in a great while. For him, it was a common thing. "Yeah, the long term for both can be really bad for your health. I have no intentions of doing this very often. If this was the only time for the rest of my life I would still be happy, at least because I got to do it for once. That and I would rather not gain any weight. I'm still slightly under what might be construed healthy, but I'd like to keep off the fat and let the healthy weight come naturally as I eat some more balanced meals." The woman was in no way upset, not had she taken any offense to how he had said any of it. How could she when the was the mermaid had done it to him was more harassing than his casual remark. Her weight was from being underfed, and not fed anything meant to be a whole meal. It would probably be a bit before she got to the healthy minimum, but she would get there. More food would be eaten as she listened to him talk. A sausage and a good chunk of the bowl of fresh fruit would disappear as she quietly listened to him continue. "Your friend sounds like someone that would be good for some long conversations. Though I'm not sure she could handle the free me after a while. I might get on her nerves more than you think I could."

27The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:31 am

Shichamatsu

Marines
Marines

Shichamatsu
She was right. From his experience with women they were always right, even when they were wrong. She didnt specifically state it but her comment on "long term" pretty much spoke for itself. She went on to say that she could die happy if she only got to do this once, eat delicious pancakes that is. Vicktur knew that this wouldnt be the only time she would have a good meal like this. If she was as good musically as she claimed then stuff like this would litter her future. For some insane reason her weight came up. Vicktur knew better than to even mention that, atleast in a negative light You look amazing regardless he tossed out there before continuing If you stayed with me we could do this everyday and grow fat together. he couldnt help but laugh at that last part. Vicktur had the metabolism if a super mutant and stayed fairly active. It wasnt very likely that he'd get fat anytime soon. He wasnt sure what Hure meant by saying she could get annoying after a while. They had talked quite a bit and spent quite some time together. He wouldnt say she irritated him. Though, maybe he was just lovestruck.

She's definitely good for long conversations. As long as she doesnt go off on tangents about genetic markers or non-linear equations that is. Sometimes the things she says just go over my head. I often just nod and pretend I know what she's talking about. Vicktur was by no means stupid, by Yomi's own admission, but she was just so much more intelligent.

28The Following Day - Page 2 Empty Re: The Following Day Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:35 am

iayui

Marines
Marines

iayui
The blush on her face would be given an attempt at being hidden, picking up her glass and taking a long sip to cool herself as she listened to him talk. This Yomi person seemed like a very interesting woman to chat with, so long as Hure could control her more carefree side of herself when around her and tried not to get too excited. Maybe someday down the road, longer into the future, the mermaid would get to sit down and speak to her when they met on Fishman Island.

After her blush faded the pink haired woman would slowly finish all but a half of a pancake. It was at that moment she realized she had overestimated her appetite, for food at least. There was no way she was going to be eating anything else on her plates. Using her fork, the woman would make sure there was plenty of cream cheese frosting and syrup on the plate before sliding it to Viktor. "Here. Go ahead and try it. It would be greedy for me to order something so decadent and not let you try some of it, especially when you're picking up the bill." If the Fishman female had been able to eat all of it, she would have felt like she was stealing. Was it a part of her past as a slave that caused it? Probably not. Her family had instilled manners into her long ago when she was but a young child, and they had carried over after all these years. Once the tall man finished eating she guessed they would walk outside and spend a bit more time together before going their separate ways, possibly never seeing each other again.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum