One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
A Carnival of Criminals EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
A Carnival of Criminals EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
A Carnival of Criminals EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
A Carnival of Criminals EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
A Carnival of Criminals EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
A Carnival of Criminals EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
A Carnival of Criminals EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
A Carnival of Criminals EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
A Carnival of Criminals EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Carnival of Criminals Empty A Carnival of Criminals Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:27 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Cyrus sat at one of the bars in the main residential sections of Drum. After the revolution a month or so earlier, things were beginning to get back to business smoothly. The island as a whole seemed to be flourishing and his crew had done a wonderful job of keeping things in order while he was at the Reverie. Taking a sip from his drink, Cyrus flashed back to the trip home. Once aboard the transport ship and out of range of Mariejois, Cyrus had called in to report on the events of the Reverie. In classic Revolution fashion he had no idea who he was actually speaking to, just that they had verified themselves as a higher up with the appropriate code word. Whoever it was on the other line had congratulated him on a job well done and even decided to promote him to the rank of Captain, promising a shipment of new crew as well as a ship to be commissioned at Cyrus's behest. After that, the rest of the trip had mainly consisted of Cyrus sleeping and wondering about what was next.

Now he sat, back home, back where he belonged drinking his usual drink and still he didn't have any answers for what was next. The World Government was planning a war with Oceanus but that hardly concerned Cyrus himself. Perhaps if the Revolution decided to act, they'd call him in but until then he was free to do as he pleased. Even here on Drum there was little for him to do. His lab was currently being constructed atop one of the signature smokestack towers and once that was done it would be little work for Cyrus to set everything up and make the entire lab antonymous. He let out a deep sigh, staring into his drink and simply listened to the din of happy drinkers and diners enjoying the atmosphere of the bar around him.

2A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:06 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

wings

Cerberus

Baby Den Den Mushi

Eye Scope

ace of spades
Utter exhaustion was what Birdie had been feeling over the last couple days. The whole voyage through Paradise to their destination had felt like one never ending day. He wasn't pitied with even a wink of sleep. This was normal for Birdie though and it didn't worry him any. Every time he pulled off something big he was like this. On edge and even slightly paranoid. While he knew he had a level of anonymity since his face wasn't linked to the attack on the Reverie, his name was in the mouth's of many. Figuring he'd encounter his fair share of impersonators as well, he had already promised to keep his cool and not let that bait him into acting out and drawing attention to himself.
With the time the voyage to Drum Island took, he had already thought out his next course of action. With a fair amount of people more than likely trying to emerge as the face of the terrorist who attacked the Reverie, no one would be believed by anyone worth their salt without some actual proof. For that reason he planned to lay claim to his attack on the Reverie with another astounding act. What that would be, he didn't know, but he knew that was the only way he'd be taken serious and he'd be able to save his brand from being run amuck by any shitter with a wrench and scrap metal.
Disembarking from the vessel wherever it had docked given it was a logical thing to do, Birdie would stand there and take in the sight of Drum Island before stepping any further. Bato, Verde
, and a few of Birdie's other associates stood there with him for a moment before he spoke. "Cervantes is here as well, but I'd like to wrap up things here before opening that can of worms." With that he'd follow Asher who'd lead the way t where it was they were going.
乐 乑 乒 乓 out of character 乔 乕 乖 乗:

3A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Asher Kringle

Marines
Marines

Asher Kringle

Asher was in a world alone, in his room for the past few days. The last time anyone had seen him outside of his chambers was when he arrived on the ship post Reverie actions. Truth be told Asher was drained as he had used a new ability from his fruit that he had never used before. Said ability drained most of his energy along with his additional usage of the powers he held. The first few hours of Asher's time in his room were spent with him dry heaving from the energy he used. Then he stuffed his face with food until he couldn't eat anymore, then there was a light sleep followed by levels of deep thought and heavy sleep. Asher wasn't worried about that however, he didn't fear Baku nor anyone else, however that man Silver Fox.. He has always bothered Asher even since he was a lad, his presence was intimidating to the young boy.

But now Asher had matters to attend to, He wanted to confirm his thoughts on if he saw Cyrus at the Reverie, "Will do, I'll be introducing you to someone of some sway in the Grandline. Might be someone you should make an ally of." said Asher once he got within distance of Birdie. With Asher was Mercy, the woman who watched his door for the last few days. Birdie had his people with him and Asher had his person, as they'd advance through the cold Island of Drum Asher took in the gorgeous landscape of the snow lands. He'd notice after their travel into town that there was a bar that seemed to house most of the entertainment as it as the only spot making noise on this block. Asher who was in front of the bunch would open the door into the bar and notice his associate Cyrus who was on the other end. Everyone inside stopped talking upon seeing Asher who did nothing but smirk towards his friend.

4A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Cyrus turned as a sudden hush went over the bar and its patrons. What had only moments earlier been a place filled with chatting and merriment now suddenly was stone cold and spoke of fear and uncertainty. Swiveling in his bar stool, Cyrus raised a curious eyebrow as he recognized the man responsible for the sudden quiet in his bar. Some of the patrons turned to Cyrus himself, unsure of what was going on. After all a major criminal had just strolled in as if it was nothing. Putting up a hand, Please everyone, go back to your drinks and your company. I'm simply catching up with an old friend, there's nothing to worry about. After a hesitant moment, the patrons of the bar resumed their chatter and the music started up once again. Jack, get some glasses together, high shelf stuff. We have guests. Cyrus said to the bartender over his shoulder before rising from the stool and sauntering over to Asher and his company.

My my Mr. Kringle, to what do I owe the honor of your presence on my humble island? Turning to Mercy he smirked, Ah Ms. Mercy, so nice to see you again. It's been far too long. He said, tipping his hat to her, Please come join me at the bar for a drink. You'll have to introduce me to your friends here. Cyrus said, gesturing to Birdie and any other crew members that had followed their leaders. Reaching out a hand to Birdie, who Cyrus didn't actually know but simply was the closest stranger to him at the time, he said, Cyrus Kincaid, pleasure to meet you. With that he turned and lead the group back to the bar, You'll have to excuse the meeting place Asher. My lab is finishing up but it's not quite ready for guests yet. Taking over an entire island and overthrowing a kingdom wasn't even the hard part, it was cleaning up afterwards that's taken so long. Cyrus said with a sigh, I have to admit, after the whole Reverie fiasco I wasn't expecting to see you again so soon. What can I do for you today? Surely you're not just here for a friendly chat.

5A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:35 am

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

wings

Cerberus

Baby Den Den Mushi

Eye Scope

ace of spades
Birdie shifted his eyes over at Asher whom he hadn't seen in days before chuckling. He hadn't been talking to him, but Birdie was a bit interested in meeting this ally Asher spoke of. That said he followed Asher while taking in the scenery Drum Island had to offer before entering a tavern or bar of sorts. Just as he entered he stuffed his hands in his pockets. All eyes were on Asher and Birdie knew why. It sort of pissed him off, but his time would come, so he'd be patient and settle with scoffing in a discontent manner. As the wave of silence passed he gave a nod which dismissed Bato and the others save for Verde to sit elsewhere. Verde continued to walk with Asher, Birdie, and Mercy however. Eyeing the man who Asher was greeted by, Birdie met his outstretched hand with a hand of his own. It wasn't especially professional or enthusiastic as Birdie had no clue who this man was, but it wasn't lethargic either, just a casual hand shake. "Dante Bellux." He said calmly after shaking the man's hand and putting his hand back in his jacket pockets. Following him and the others to the bar, Birdie took a seat on either side of Cyrus, Verde would be on Birdie's other side and listen in to what words were spoken. He wasn't the biggest fan of the seating arrangement, nothing against the stranger, but he just wasn't enjoying being right beside him or rather sandwiching him in with Asher and his own company if that was the case. It wasn't anything too bad though since there was booze involved. Hearing talk of the Reverie did make Birdie curious to know what Asher would say in response, but he'd play off a nonchalant front as he downed a shot with Verde and watched the bartender pour him a tall glass of beer. "Guess this place isn't just a winter wonderland. This is pretty nice stuff."

6A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:58 am

Asher Kringle

Marines
Marines

Asher Kringle

Asher had awaited the greeting from Cyrus as it would dictate how this meeting would play out. Mercy was on standby awaiting the greeting also but when they were met positively the duo eased up and continued to smile. Cyrus was indeed buzzed from his drinking and it showed here, "Decided to come check out how cold this island really is Cyrus, you know I like to learn for myself" said the smirking Asher who was always one step ahead of everyone. Mercy on the other hand smiled towards Cyrus and would deliver a kneel out of respect. Cyrus would talk a bit more after introducing himself to Birdie and co but Asher remained silent until the men were all seated.

Cyrus admitted something Asher even knew which was him being so out in public after everything that just happened. Taking a shot of the beverage given to him Asher opened his eyes wider in response to the tough texture of the drink. "Actually, you owning an island is why I'm here." said Asher to the Revolutionary. "I want one of my own. Have you ever heard of Alabasta?" said Asher with a smirk just loud enough for the two men near him could hear.

7A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
As his guests settled around him, Cyrus took a look at the seating arrangements and drummed his knuckles on the bar table in thought. While Jack brought over some drinks for his guests, Cyrus stood up from his seat and went around the bar so that he would be facing Birdie and Asher rather than sitting between them, Thank you Jack, I'll entertain our guests from here. Cyrus said, handing the man several bills, well over the cost of the actual drinks. Jack grunted in thanks before wandering off to customers at the other end of the bar, giving Cyrus and company their space. Taking a bottle out from beneath the bar, Cyrus placed it on top for anyone to take from as they pleased. I'm glad you like it Mr. Bellux. I try to keep my citizens happy. You know what they say, happy island, happy life...or something along those lines. Cyrus said with a nonchalant wave of his hand.

Listening to Asher speak about wanting an island, Cyrus's blood ran cold at the mention of Alabasta. That was the last place Dr. Avery mentioned seeing Cyrus's wife and daughter, or at least what they had become. He mentally reflected on those horrific pictures, spacing out for a but a moment before shaking his head and coming back to reality, I've heard of it, of course. Nothing much but desert out there though. Cyrus said, pouring himself a drink to calm his nerves. That Warlord, the bear, isn't that his turf? Cyrus asked, remembering the brief sighting he had had of Ren Actimel all those months, hell, years ago when he first entered the Grandline. You're not actually planning to take down a Warlord are you? Cyrus asked, somewhat surprised, but then again this was Asher he was speaking to.

8A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:08 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

wings

Cerberus

Baby Den Den Mushi

Eye Scope

ace of spades
Birdie gave a nod of acknowledgement to Cyrus' words as he was taking a cigarette out of a pack in his pocket. With the other hand he withdrew a lighter and sparked the gross little stick then took a deep drag. Exhaling the smog, he looked to his left where Verde was seated, but out beyond him, then nudged him. "Ash tray." Verde looked over to his left and stretched out to grab the dish, then placed it in front of Birdie who had his focus back on Cyrus and Asher.

Hearing Asher speak about how he wanted an island of his own made Birdie chuckle a bit and shift in his seat a bit, getting a bit cozy to hear where this conversation would go. Casually leaning onto the bar with both his elbows bracing him up, he would play quiet and just observe. Birdie had a bit of history out in Alabasta himself. It was where he an Cervantes met about two years back. Beyond the large amount of money the pile of sand had on it, Birdie hadn't much interest in it.

Straightening up his posture a bit he put a hand underneath his bottom lip in a traditional thinker pose while his cigarette fumed in the other hand which was idle on the counter. "If you do go through with this, would you do me one last solid and showcase some of my work while you're at it?" He angled his body to face a position between Cyrus and Asher as he spoke. Putting the cigarette up to his mouth he squinted as he took another drag. "Doing something that high profile with your little war machine would give my brand some more shine." He grinned and gave a small upward nod of his head at Mercy as he mentioned the war machine. "I was hoping to make a final upgrade on her before parting ways as well."

9A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Asher Kringle

Marines
Marines

Asher Kringle

Asher did enjoy his time on this island truly but he had  plans and things to do, right now he was just figuring out his next mark and making sure everything was taken care of before he got there. He wanted Cyrus's  opinion on a few things and to ask for a favor before everything was in motion. After he gave Cyrus one of the ideas he was working with Asher would gauge the reaction he got from his friend. When Cyrus realized who was the man pulling the strings at Alabasta Asher began to smirk because he saw Cyrus's reaction firsthand. "It is" said a smiling Asher in response to Cyrus's first question and he followed that up with "I am", the sinister smirk on Asher's face let you know he was as deranged as they said. He had an agenda to push with the taking of an island as strong as Alabasta.

When Birdie interjected Asher was pleased, he as hoping for Birdie to share his thoughts eventually. After all the man as a gifted scientist just as Cyrus and Asher were. "hmm?" is all Asher could say to Birdie because he wanted the redhead to elaborate on his thoughts. Hopefully this meant Birdie had something new he was cooking up on the inventors front. His next plan relied on Asher using Mercy as a tool for more violence which Asher was never against. He smiled as he looked at Mercy "Well what's in it for my little war machine?" said Asher jokingly. A final upgrade on Mercy was good for both parties, gave Birdie more exposure on which was probably half his now in the form of Mercy. "Well that brings me to my request Birdie. I will need some tools from you along with my own I've come here to create. Cyrus how long until your lab is complete?" asked Asher as he leaned forward and put his right hand on the shoulder of Cyrus.

10A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:24 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Cyrus listened intently as his two guests talked back and forth about Mercy and upgrades. He thought about Asher's desire to take Alabasta and while an impressive feat if he could pull it off, from what Cyrus had heard of Ren Actimel, it'd be no easy task. While everyone chatted, Cyrus began sizing this Dante Bellux character up. He was clearly an accomplice of Asher's, perhaps he had helped in the bombing of the Reverie. Bellux had a commanding presence to him, Cyrus noted as he interacted with the man on the other side of him, clearly a subordinate. However, even Asher treated this Bellux man with a certain respect that Cyrus found surprising. He certainly wasn't a subordinate to Asher, that much could be seen in the way they spoke to one another. Partners perhaps, which only made Cyrus question what exactly his relationship with Asher could be classified as at this point.

Tuning back into the conversation, Cyrus smiled and shook his head, I apologize my friend, I believe you misspoke earlier about my lab. The actual lab portion of my laboratory is complete, fully operational. In fact it's fully automated and has been cranking out robot pet projects I've been working on for the last week or so. When I spoke earlier about it not being acceptable for guests I was referring to the living quarters. Those unfortunately were less prioritized than the lab itself, as I'm sure you two gentlemen can understand. Cyrus took a sip from his drink before continuing, I'm more than happy to lend my facility to you, the both of you. He clarified, nodding towards Dante in acknowledgement, My only request is that you pay me in the form of your intelligence. Anything you fabricate in my lab, you load into my system so that I might partake later on, even pick your brains so to speak. On the plus side for you, whatever you load into my systems, Aurora can produce for you autonomously in a short amount of time. It truly helps with the labor costs, as well as not taking up my ever invaluable time. Cyrus said with a smirk.

11A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:20 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

wings

Cerberus

Baby Den Den Mushi

Eye Scope

ace of spades
Birdie scoffed dismissively with a bit of a chuckle to buffer out the abrasive nature of the scoff. He also turned his body back forward, Asher's remark not really understood by Birdie. What the war machine had to gain was an upgrade, was that not obvious? He didn't bother responding hoping Asher was only joking and if he hadn't been then he'd reiterate himself. Grabbing the bottle on the counter he poured himself another shot and looked to Verde who waved a hand that meant he was good. Taking a drag from his cig with his two fingers pinching the stick, he remove it from his mouth and turned to Asher as he spoke. Downing the shot as Asher spoke, he set the glass on the counter and returned his cigarette to his mouth. With mention of a lab being made, Birdie turned to Cyrus and raised a brow. "A lab?" This was more so said to himself, but was still said out loud. Continuing to listen to the man Cyrus, Birdie had a bad taste in his mouth and it wasn't from the liquor. He wasn't sure if the man was an unoriginal vulture or just knew how to play the game, but Birdie wasn't too excited about inputting any of his blueprints into the man's computer. If someone wanted his products they were to be bought, not foraged from files then replicated because they lacked the wit to create on their own.
"Given you have a lab-" He exhaled smoke over his shoulder as he eyed Cyrus on the other side of the counter. "I'm going to guess you pride yourself as a scientist . . ." He pressed the head of the cigarette into the ash tray and twisted it until it extinguished. "What kind of scientist looks to scavenge off of another inventors products? This isn't just an exchange of ideas, but blatant plagiarism." He kicked up a leg and crossed it on the knee of the other as he spoke. His hands would waft outwards in a questioning manner, truly not content with the deal Cyrus put on the table. He was fine with people impersonating him, because they would truly never have his product, but to just hand over his knowledge to another, a stranger at that, Birdie wasn't too keen on it. "Are you ok with this Asher?" Birdie looked over to the man praying he wasn't too power hungry as to lose his integrity as a scientist and do something so pitiful.

12A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:21 pm

Asher Kringle

Marines
Marines

Asher Kringle

After Cyrus spoke the honest assessment Asher could give was this man was indeed bold. Asher didn't really like the idea of leaving his inventions in the hands of others but there were worse things that could happen. Before Asher could even speak his peace Birdie was already on it and boy he covered the points Asher planned on tackling and then some. However Asher wasn't that paranoid about someone stealing his work, granted Cyrus was a friend Asher had no problem sinking this island in the name of science. That was just the kind of person Asher was and he was fine with that. To be honest when Birdie put his leg up at the end of his rant Asher wanted to burst out laughing because he's never seen Birdie talk a great deal but that just took the cake. He then turned to Asher for the opinion of the white haired warrior and he was certainly going to get it.

Standing Asher would pour himself another shot quickly downing it before signaling for Mercy. "To be quite honest with you both I understand your concern Birdie but you should look at anything us scientist create as art and you should want to share your art with the world. As long as you know it is your product that is all that matters. However your concerns aren't farfetched in complaint. Cyrus I assume you wouldn't go mass producing anything we create here for your own gain without cutting us in on the profit?" said Asher as Mercy had stopped in front of the three men. "I have a meeting to make on Baltigo but I will be entrusting Mercy in your care along with a list of things I'll need from you my friend. In her possession is a little something to entice your working in Cyrus's lab. If you need to reach me at any point, you both have my number" said Asher before he exited the bar and made his way to his ship.

Exit

13A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:26 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Cyrus smiled as he noticed Dante's sudden interest in the conversation at hand. The mention of a fully modernized lab was sure to get any scientist stirred up. I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree if you're trying to play to my integrity, Mr. Bellux. I've always found integrity to be nothing more than pride and stubbornness getting in the way of the advancement of civilizations. Call me what you will Mr. Bellux, but the fact of the matter is I have something you desire and you have no form of payment I'm interested in. Cyrus poured himself another drink, calmly taking his time before continuing, After all, what do you offer the man who has a surplus of funds, materials, and just about anything he'd ever need right here?Anything of monetary value of course. Like any good business person, I require payment for my services. I'd like to fancy the three of us acquaintances at the very least, but not even my own mother would be allowed to walk into my lab and use my resources for nothing.

Taking a long sip from the drink he just poured, Cyrus let his words sink in before coming to a close, this time addressing both Asher and Dante, Neither of you have anything to worry about as far as trying to make a buck off your work. I'm merely interested to see what else is out there. My business is in the robotics section. I like to see what I'm up against but I won't bother replicating what you show me. Explosives and toxins are what interest me most and unfortunately I simply wasn't gifted with the genius to properly craft high caliber versions of either. Regardless, I won't be mass producing any of your inventions for selling purposes. Anything I make or plans I am inspired by will be made and used, with no profit to be had. In fact if I do make money off of anything either of you share with me, I promise to cut you in for a large percentage of the profits, if not most of them. As I said, I have no interest in profiting from your inventions, so rest easy.

As Asher mentioned his need to depart, Cyrus raised his glass to the man, but did not drink, I wish you good luck in your adventures sir. Remember, I'm only a Den Den Mushi call away if you want a companion. Turning back to Dante and the few crew members hanging around still, Cyrus smiled pleasantly, Now then Mr. Bellux, would you care to see my lab?

OOC:

[/exit]

14A Carnival of Criminals Empty Re: A Carnival of Criminals Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:39 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

wings

Cerberus

Baby Den Den Mushi

Eye Scope

ace of spades
Birdie placed a hand on his head in a pained manner as he shook it side to side. He couldn't resonate with Asher's stand point int he least bit nor did he care to. Perhaps he saw it all as a greater contribution to science and for the advancement of mankind, but Birdie was only a scientist because science had a lot to offer him as far as his ambitions went. "Talk is cheap." Was all Birdie had to offer to Cyrus in response to him explaining himself. Getting off the seat at the bar, Verde did the same waiting patiently behind Birdie as he sparked another cigarette. "I don't have much a choice though, so we'll see just what kind of man you are Cyrus." He chuckled a bit  as he bit the bullet and exhaled a plume of smoke. "Lead the way." He'd linger until Cyrus began to lead the way to his laboratory. Trailing out the tavern he'd give a motion with his head signaling the other they were leaving. They would then rise from their seats and follow Cyrus too. "I'll be seeing what it is that Asher left you with when we get there Mercy." She didn't seem to pay Birdie much attention, her eyes trained forward on Cyrus as they walked. The only thing she did to let Birdie know she heard him was give a slight nod of her head. "Everyone other than Verde can go ahead to Cervantes' ship. Tell him I'll be a bit longer." A few men nodded then went off to where they were dispatched to leaving only Verde, Mercy, Birdie, and Cyrus to go to the lab.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum