One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
Nesting EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
Nesting EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
Nesting EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
Nesting EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
Nesting EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
Nesting EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
Nesting EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
Nesting EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
Nesting EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nesting Empty Nesting Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:15 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot
Spoiler:

It had been such a long time since Birdie had last been on what he considered a vacation. Ironically enough it was actually time for him to get back to work on what was supposed to be his main hustle, but so much had unfolded in his personal life. He’d lost a fair share of men, but gained some. He’d lost a fair share of money, but also gained some. The one thing that wasn’t lost then gained back in a more bountiful yield was his notoriety. While word about his exploits and the hand he had in the disruption at the Reverie hadn’t circulated out yet, he knew he had big things coming to him. His name in the Underworld would have tremendous weight and this honestly poised him to pounce and establish himself as a true tycoon in the blackmarket.

With the carnage that had unfolded on Jaya, Cervantes had changed their rendezvous location to Drum Island as opposed to Jaya Island. Multiple other pirate crews and freelancer had flocked to this island as well. They hoped to hide from the government’s watchful eyes, but the island had seemed to just become a new pirate zest-pool.

Arriving via the Arakhne, Birdie and a slim few of others set the anchor then dismounted the vessel in an exhausted fashion. There were only ten of them who had survived then stunt that had pulled not including Birdie, so the trip back to a place they could call safety was quite restless with the duties on the ship spread so thin. The ship Cervantes was stationed on was right next to the Arakhne however so their journey wasn’t far, but when they stepped aboard their welcome was a bit odd. So many faces others had come to know were gone. This didn’t phase Birdie’s thoughts much for now though. Their lives were put to good use and many more would be thrown before his feet as stepping stones for him to reach for his dreams. For now he was more concerned about rest and nourishment. It’d be a lie to say that thoughts of the deceased didn’t haunt him at times of weakness however.

Fatigue showing on the face of those in his entourage and his own visage, Birdie offered those in Cervantes’ company a flaccid wave and a greeting. ”So much for a warm welcome." He rolled his eyes in a dismissive manner at the faces who seemed to be mortified with what they saw. Birdie ignored their expressions and walked beyond a few of them further towards the back of the crowd to where he knew Cervantes would be. ”Where’s the booze? I haven’t had a drink in months." Verde, Bato, and the others followed a few paces behind him unloading some of their gear off to whoever was nearby for it to be put in the ship’s armory.

2Nesting Empty Re: Nesting Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 am

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot
”Gehahahaha. Go bring out some more alcohol from the hull. Can’t you tell they’ve been to hell and back?" Cervantes’ grim rolling laughter sounded like it exuded death itself. It surely released the smell of it.

A safe fire was centered on a plot of sand made on the deck of the ship that a few were gathered around, Cervantes was amongst these men. As if unloading a burden he’d been carrying for years on end, Birdie plopped down and grabbed one of the half empty bottles that were idle on the deck and tilted it back with the mouth of the bottle to his lips. As if the liquor was water on a barren desert island, Birdie greedily drank it, streams of liquor spilling from the sides of his mouth down his neck soaking his shirt. Slamming that bottle down, he exhaled in a famished manner. "What we got for food. Been eating shitty rations for the last couple days too." Cervantes again laughed and wafted a random pirate off to retrieve some food. "I expected you to return boasting and demanding to take control here if not take off and form your own crew."

Birdie was busy chugging down another bottle while Cervantes spoke. Putting down the half empty bottle, he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand before laughing. "That doesn't sound anything like me, who you been working with for the last year?" A few men returned to the circle fire with platters of food in their hand and gently set them down in front of Birdie. Taking no time to start eating, Cervantes watched in an amused fashion. "Success changes people, I've seen it happen many times over." Birdie looked up at Cervantes as he spoke, but continued to eat. Pausing to respond he wiped his mouth with one of the cloth napkins supplied. "The way I see it there are going to be quite a few "Birdie's" running around claiming to be the terrorist at the Reverie." He shrugged and twisted up a mouthful of spaghetti with his fork. "Until I can prove I am Birdie since no face is tied to this act, it's pointless to make any major moves." Cervantes nodded and chuckled. "You're smart for a young fella." He took a shot of whiskey before speaking again. "So what do you have planned to lay claim on your fame? You understand what we have here is a partnership and we've yet to finish what we set out to do correct?" Birdie sighed. He knew this conversation was coming soon. He was living too free for Cervantes' liking and the time for the man to try to clip his wings was upon him.

"I'm very aware, but at the end of the day we are two people who have a different agenda. Be happy that you can coattail on my success while I'm too busy to cut you off like the parasite you are." Birdie eyed Cervantes in a very serious manner and the tension in the air suffocated the deck of the ship with silence. Nodding slowly a grin slowly came over Cervantes' visage as he rubbed his chin. "So now I'm a parasite? Yet whose ship is it that you sit aboard? Whose liquor are you drinking, food are you eating?!" Cervantes began to shout and before anyone knew it both of them were on their feet in each other's faces.

3Nesting Empty Re: Nesting Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:04 am

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot
Exhaling like a bull blowing steam from its nose in a cartoonish fashion, Cervantes composed himself and stepped away from Birdie, his back turned to the man as he stepped outside of the circle of men. "One more job. I have info on one more job I need you to carry out. Afterwards this partnership is terminated and we go our separate ways." Birdie sat down back in his spot and snatched up a bottle that was nearby and took a large gulp. "I'll be sure to set a new record with how fast its done. I was getting close to murdering you in your fucking sleep." These words caused Cervantes to stop in his tracks much to Birdie's amusement. He always liked getting a reaction out of people. "If I hadn't already told our contractor we'd handle the job I'd strangle you right now." He didn't turn around to face Birdie and with how quiet it was he didn't need to as it was only the two of them interacting at the moment, all eyes on deck and ears tuning in.

"You could afford to due so if you didn't lean on me so much, but I guess that speaks for itself." Perhaps it was because he had been working so hard lately, but Birdie was really enjoying jabbing at Cervantes. It was totally unlike him in the eyes of the crewmates. When Birdie and Cervantes typically interacted Birdie was playing right hand and nodding to what Cervantes said, rarely ever interjecting and when he did it was with a logical and sound edge on things. But here and now, Birdie was shedding the fake front he had put up for so long. Maybe it was because he felt he'd soon be on to bigger and better things. He knew it was dangerous to count his chickens before they hatched, but he had been waiting for his breakthrough moment for so long and it had finally arrived.

"One more word and one of us ends up dead on this deck and I'll be damned if some drunken crazy kills me onboard my own vessel." This time Cervantes had turned around to face Birdie though he was nearly at his cabin door. His expression was shrouded in darkness, but Birdie knew what vileness his face communicated without needing to see it at this moment. Not interested in getting into more fighting at the moment as he was tired, Birdie simply raised his bottle to Cervantes and gave a slight nod of his head bidding him a fair night. With that Cervantes opened and slammed his cabin door after he entered. By now Birdie was as drunk as a pickle was pickled and it was evident as he gave a shrug and went back to eating and drinking without saying a word and giving a glance to the many sets of eyes that were upon him.

Gradually people stood and began to shuffle off the deck tot he crew's quarters, the night practically ruined due to Birdie's behavior, but he didn't care much. The only two who remained on the deck besides Birdie was Bato and Verde. "So what exactly is the plan since we're basically cutting off ties with this guy?" Birdie looked up at Verde who was standing to his left, Bato off Verde's shoulder looking outwards to the sea. "Hit this last lick, then get this business on the road. We're poised to reap the benefits of our hard work. No need to fuck around with this leech any longer. If anything we can take this shit hole of a ship with us." He took another swig out of the bottle only to find it was empty. Scrunching his mouth to the side, he set it down, but used it to push himself up to his feet as well. Placing a hand reassuring on Verde's shoulder he gave a drunken smile. "We'll be good, all this shit is about to start paying off. On another note, I'm going to bed now, been forever since I actually could sleep peacefully. Hope I don't drown in my own vomit . . ." He walked off mumbling to himself in a drunken stupor leaving his two allies on the deck of the ship a bit in the dark.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum