One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
Product of the Block EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
Product of the Block EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
Product of the Block EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
Product of the Block EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
Product of the Block EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
Product of the Block EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
Product of the Block EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
Product of the Block EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
Product of the Block EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Product of the Block Empty Product of the Block Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:55 am

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Kicked Off My Shoes

Tripped Acid in the Rain

Jacket as a Cape

Umbrella as a Cane

the richest man wears a snatch-less necklace

Cigarette sold coughing. Retching of phlegm being heaved out the throat and spat onto concrete. Groups of bodies loitering on the sides of the road. Moths and other pest bobbing near fuzzy orange shaded circles of light. The flicker of nervous eyeballs as one walks down the street. Souls native to rain and unbothered by the splashing that comes with their steps in the puddles. Banter that grows in waves, then dies down after its climax. Lit windows with black silhouettes occasionally passing by.

The atmosphere feels weighed down, thick with the musk of rain. The humidity that hangs in the air, makes breathing the dank air in, like inhaling warm vapors. An uncomfortable act to those unaccustomed to poverty struck areas. While the summer shower would have done good for most islands, here in the span of the Briss Kingdom where vigilantes purge the streets when they need a bit of spare change, the halt of the pitter patter was the cue to resume criminal activity. The sun itself and all its rays of virtue, jubilance, and whatever other righteous hoopla one could spout about the thing, was swallowed by the horizon of the ink black ocean. Now the moon reigned as the sky's zodiac. Carved into a keen crescent, sharp as a switch blade, it watched over the sinners down below, comfortable in the void of space. A few dark clouds loitered above as well, but for now they had wept enough and waited to see if their display of sympathy would bear fruits and instill a sense of purity in those of the Briss Kingdom. Sadly their accumulated tears only worked to make puddles that gathered the thick blood of dispensable no-names that were tossed in the alleyways. Stepping out of a small tea shop a few others entered to seek refuge from the rain, Alphie let the scent of the sinners stain his clothing. His black boots splashed uncaringly in puddles, the tongue and outer parts of the shoe flowering out a bit, as it wasn't laced up fully, but they remained tight to his feet. The dirt water drops, sprang up to soak into navy blue, nigh black fit pants. He wore a wide open jacket that was composed of two sections, the sleeves and hood, and the torso. The first section was composed of a dark blue, dark grey, and black camouflage pattern, while the torso was just a dark smoky grey. Like usual he had a nice amount of jewelry on him. Three necklaces, two of them just gold chain links, the other a necklace made of red spherical beads all around. Today, Basa's hair was down, letting the messy ends of maroon fall nearly to eye level. His hood was only half pulled on, the tip resting on the crown of his head surreally holding on, as if ready to fall either way at the slightest shift in balance. On his back was a weapon that was beginning to become synonymous with his name to those that did know him. His large cleaver, now with a length of 50 inches rested in a leather sling that strapped diagonally across his bare chest underneath his necklaces. Inside his jacket was his pistol Curtail and across Same-kiri Bocho on his back was Īzasu.
As he proceeded down the road on his way to a bar, he got a lot of looks from the local street rats and rodents alike, but he didn't pay them any mind. Bobbing his head gently to a rhythm only he could hear, would press a few of the syllables out his lips in puffs of air, but they too would be unheard. Not many others walked the streets, most were still inside waiting perhaps another hour in wait for the criminal activity to die down, since it was about to pick up after the rain. Then there were the criminals, but they didn't walk the streets, they mostly just loitered on the road side looking for something to get into.
"Hey, you hear me talking to you!?" Alphie stopped and turned his attention with raised eyebrows to the one that was and had been apparently talking to him. "No I didn't sorry, what'd you say?" The man was getting frustrated rather quickly, Alphie wasn't following the script the usual victim followed. "Give me your swo-" Before he could finish his words however, Basa had already drawn his pistol and put it to the soft underside of the man's jaw. "You're really going to have to speak up, tell me what you said one more time." His visage of cluelessness had shifted to an expression of shameless pleasure derived from the horrified look on the guys face. His adams apple bobbed nervously as he swallowed a trail of saliva hard. "Ch-chill man, it's not worth killing someone over. Please, just relax." Basa's mouth scrunched to the side. "You guys are smarter than I chalked you up to be. . . oh well." He would have just killed the guy anyways on a regular day, but he wasn't looking to draw too much attention to himself, what he had done was already going overboard, but without too many people out and about right now he should be fine. Putting his gun back in the inside of his jacket, he turned around and stuffed his hands in his jacket pockets, walking towards his destination. Alphie was looking to meet up with some of his cremates from the before he was incarcerated. Having told them about his arrival ahead of time, they agreed to meet at this bar known as the Red Herring, here in the Briss Kingdom.
乐 乑 乒 乓 out of character 乔 乕 乖 乗:

2Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:51 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
"....How much for that one?"

With Linedwell asking this question, the shopkeeper rushed over the weapon in particular that Linedwell had been pointing at. Once there, he inspected the weapon for a few moments; an act that gave Linedwell the indication that he had been making up the prices of these weapons as he went. After a few moments the shopkeeper finally responded - and the response was something that Linedwell could have seen coming from a mile away.

"600,000 Beli."

With a slight frown, Linedwell knew he was only wasting his time in this shop. He wasn't quite sure why he decided a shop in a backwater place like this would have been worth it, but his curiosity had gotten the better of him. However, before Linedwell could turn and exit the shop the shopkeeper shouted out another price.

"550,000 Beli!"

This price wasn't much of a discount at all...especially when a simple blade such as that one would probably sell anywhere else for about 20,000 beli. It was obvious that this man was simply looking for a come up - but Linedwell wouldn't be the one he'd take advantage of.

"That sounds like a fair price. I was actually only here to ask about your prices for a friend of mine. I'll let him know and I'm sure he'll be back to pick that dagger up immediately."

"R-really...?"

It was obvious the shopkeeper wasn't really expecting that anyone would go for such an outrageous price, so the idea that someone would actually be willing to part with that amount of beli shocked the man. Of course, the man was right in this regard - nobody but a fool would part with that amount of Beli for a simple dagger, but Linedwell couldn't exactly fault the man for trying. When he made his way through this kingdom and observed the area, the people, and the struggles these people seemed to live with he couldn't exactly blame anyone for attempting to find some sort of "magic ticket" and get out of this place. On the flip side of this sentiment though - even though Linedwell respected this man's hustle and his attempts to better his life, there was also a part of him that felt offended that this man would have the audacity to consider him a mark. This way of thinking left Linedwell at an impasse with only two viable decisions that he could make. Would he kill this man in his own shop and simply take everything he owned as payment for offending him, or would he simply tell this man a lie about someone who would be by soon to buy everything he had - even though he knew this would likely devastate the man when he found out he hadn't been truthful with him? Both options involved getting some form of retribution on the man, yet, one option involved his death while the other involved crushing his hopes. They could both be seen as petty from the outside looking in, but there were times when people had to be shown that even though they hoped for more out of life and were doing all they could to attain that goal, not everyone was built to succeed in life, and even less were meant to sit at the top - this man would need to learn his place in life.

With his mind made up, Linedwell continued on with his lie. Maybe this old man's hustling skills would improve with time, but as of right now he didn't deserve to climb his way out of any of the situations he currently found himself in.

"Most definitely. Every area we've visited he has wanted to buy a souvenir. A dagger of that quality is something he'd surely pay 550,000 beli for. I'll go and direct him to this place immediately."

Tears began to fall from the old man's eyes as he listened to Linedwell's words.

"Thank you!"

The urge to laugh came to Linedwell as he heard these words, but he quickly made his turn and shielded his face from the old man - not wanting to give himself away.

"No need to thank me, good man! We'll be back soon!"

With that, Linedwell made his way out of the shop and closed the door behind himself and began to make his way towards the local tavern. He wasn't exactly sure why he'd go there, given the disgusting nature of this place he couldn't expect much out of the alcohol or food that would be there, though he could probably expect there'd be dead insects in almost anything he could possibly order. What he really needed right now though was intel, and taverns and the like were excellent places in which to acquire this. He'd been away from Karate Island for close to two weeks now, and he needed to know if there was still a large Marine presence on the island or not before he headed back - otherwise he'd just be sailing into a trip to Impel down.

3Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:09 am

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Kicked Off My Shoes

Tripped Acid in the Rain

Jacket as a Cape

Umbrella as a Cane

Pressing through the rain beaten street and gliding through the puddles, Alphie's memory was beginning to guide his body the rest of the way to the bar, but something felt a bit off. He suppressed the feeling, writing it off as a bit of anxiety as it had been a while since he linked with the others.

Hand on the black tinted glass that was the door, he ignored the handle and pushed the door open granting him passage. His eyes flickered back and forth examining his surroundings as soon as he stepped inside. The tint of the glass didn't allow his eyes to see inside the bar from outside, but nothing alerted him with his glance over the place until too hulking men came from around the corner of the small five step corridor he was in. Their hands  moved to Alphie's jacket and gripped him. "Aye, chill chill, I'm here with Barbosa's group." They paid no attention to what he was saying and despite the size of the sword he was carrying, they lifted him with ease. Scrambling to get out their grip like a feisty kitten, he was on his way to the door by force until a familiar voice called out. "Aye!Put him down, Señior's a regular . . . or was." Being put down, Alphie brushed the crinkles they put in his jacket out and gave one of them a look with a furrowed brow while mumbling under his breath. "What was that?" "Hehehe nothing nothing, was thinking to myself . . . asshole" Alphie remembered his first rumble with the bouncers when he first came across the Red Herring as a no name. He knew their punches stung and if Danved was still hiring the same type of muscle, Alphie would still get his ass handed to him.

Free from their grip, Alphie was able to get a more comfortable scan on the place and let nostalgia wash over him. It was a nice chill little spot. Despite the generic exterior and the area the bar was located in, the Red Herring was pretty popular to a certain crowd. The scent of alcohol and cigarette smoke overpowered that of the food the Red Herring served. Not that many people came here to eat, but ALphie always remembered it as a bit busier or lively. "My goodness, what in the hell brings you here Alphonse? I thought they executed you or at least caught you a few years back." This man was the bar's owner, Danved, he also worked modestly as the bartender, he liked to be face to face with the women whom he allowed to enter regardless of who they were as long as they looked good. "Please don't start calling me that again and no. I got caught, but uhhh, some things led to another and I'm good now."
"Good now? Ay dios mio, things don't 'just happen' when your in a jail cell muchacho. Explain. And don't come through the back door fool, I used to tell you that back then too." Alphie chuckled and took a seat at the counter of the bar, that's why he had that odd feeling, he was going to the back door. Skating his hand on the surface of the counter, he looked down at the black wood. It looked just like it did those years ago a sleek and well polished, it even reflected the blue lighting the bar was chilled with. The sound of live music was new, but enjoyable, some soft guitar strings being plucked with a man singing lightly with passion in a foreign language. This place was more of a lounge than a bar, even the furnishings said so, but Danved was persistent on selling the establishment as a bar and not a lounge, he said it gave it more maturity, but in Alphie's perception it just drew in more rough necks to get their skulls cracked by the bouncers. "You remember, Stefan and the deal he made with the Government way back then." He wasn't looking at Danved when he spoke, he was busy eyeing some woman who looked about his age if not a year or two older. It was in a hush tone. "Ahhh, I see, how long till your leash is off hijo." Alphie turned his attention back to Danved. "Just one more year, if I keep on doing what I'm doing." He wasn't the proudest to say it to someone who knew the in and outs of the world and knew that Alphie was just being exploited by the Government. The look of empathy was on Danved's face. "I see, but anyways. You mentioned Barbosa right? They're in the front waiting for you. Bring them back here for drinks yeah?" He looked over to his right at a bouncer who was standing near a black curtain. That was a signal to let Alphie through. Nodding his head, ALphie got out of his seat and headed to the front. The curtain was hardly visible due to the dark atmosphere the blue light created and the black wall. It was like the whole bar existed in its own void of space. But the front room was a bit more lit, spacious, and lively if memory served correct.
It was more akin to a club, losing the whole lounge aesthetic. Spacious in the middle, but along the wall and on the floor in various spaces were chairs and lounge seats that were semi circular in shape. Think strip-club. Purple, pink, blue, and red, lights laced the room it also had it's own bar where more patrons were sitting. "Now just to find Barbosa and the others. With that he began walking around, not only searching for his mates, but familiarizing himself with the area.
乐 乑 乒 乓 out of character 乔 乕 乖 乗:

4Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:08 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
As Linedwell reached the front of the "tavern" he'd been looking for, there was a moment in which he felt as though he walked onto a different island entirely. With how large this place was, and the lights and decorations it was adorned with, he couldn't believe that a place like this existed in Briss Kingdom. It didn't match here at all, as one could merely look behind themselves and see the poverty stricken areas that Briss Kingdom was known for - yet, with the long lines this place seemed to be bringing in, he wondered if these people were as poverty stricken as they initially seemed...or maybe this place preyed upon the downtrodden people of this land; offering them a drink and a brief respite from the world around them in exchange for beli that could have potentially been used to turn their lives around. Whatever the reason behind the creation of this place, Linedwell only knew that he needed to get inside and waiting in this long line wasn't going to get him in any time soon.

He glanced around quickly, checking to see if there were any alleyways that could lead to a secondary entrance, and once his eyes picked up on one he began to slowly move in that direction. He moved in this manner as a way to keep attention off himself. Making himself too obvious would have taken all meaning out of his stealthy approach. One in the alleyway, he noticed there were two men guarding a door. It was an obvious sign that this was the "secondary" entrance he'd been searching for, but it was far too guarded. One thing he didn't want to do was cause a scene, and attempting to beat up bouncers to get inside of a bar would likely draw much attention.

With "forcible entry" out of the potential course of actions he could take, Linedwell decided he'd take a less used route. While walking towards the bouncers, Linedwell began to reach into his pocket. He'd given up his attempts at being stealthy, and thus, the bouncers were able to see him coming. A person walking towards the back entrance of an establishment with a hand in his pocket would usually spell trouble, and these men appeared to be readying themselves for a battle of some sorts, but it wasn't until Linedwell pulled out a few beli notes did that realize his intent. With a smile, the two bouncers stood aside and opened the door for Linedwell as he passed over the sizable sum. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Once inside, Linedwell was even more convinced that this place HAD to be taking advantage of the citizens. He had to admit that this lounge was one of the most luxurious he'd ever seen, and the people inside didn't exactly seem like the common rabble. Was this place popular enough that even the more prominent citizens in Briss went out of their way and traveled through such dangerous areas just to spend their time in this place? Regardless, maybe this would be more informational than he'd originally thought. With this thought in mind, Linedwell took a seat at the bar.

5Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:10 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Kicked Off My Shoes

Tripped Acid in the Rain

Jacket as a Cape

Umbrella as a Cane

Before Alphie even made half a lap around the lounge, he found his cohorts sitting at a round table, each of them looking just the same. Barbosa was first to notice Alphie, a sharp tooth grin coming over his face as he moved his cigarette to the side of his mouth with a swivel and stood. "Long time no see, little bro." They were more so surrogate brothers, but all of them considered each other family, that's how Alphie saw all his cremates that were truly loyal to him and his cause. Alphie gave a smile and wave, his eyes then shitted to Roshi whom was still sitting, him being right to Barbosa's left. He gave Alphie a nod of acknowledgment, always more of a silent person. "Nice to see you." It wasn't much given his tone was so dry and flavorless as well as hard to hear over the banter and music of the lounge. Last Alphie laid his eyes on was Naesala, he was notably already buzzed from alcohol consumption. His face's colored pigment, reddened to attempt to blend in with his head of flaming hair. "Alphie looks like you grew an inch or two hmm?" He walked around the table and gave Alphie a good look over, mentally comparing Alpha's height to his own. "Looks like that Government food is doing good for you huh?" Alphie chuckled at the joke that stung a bit, but he brushed it off, Naesala was always open with his words and had the tendency to say what was on his mind despite how inappropriate it could be. "I think we should take this somewhere else, I've noticed a few familiar faces around here. Probably caught word of the meeting." Roshi was as nomadic and observant as ever. Coming to a stand, his eyes pierced through Alphie and looked beyond him, calmly scanning the room in a composed manner.
"We have a bit more time, besides a bit of publicity will be good so they know what's to come in the near future." Roshi nodded, though he could be disagreeing in his mind, Barbosa was always the one who was more like the leader of the group and usually though his choices were braggadocios and could be a bit more ballsy, then most would like, the group was still alive today, so they still had his trust. "Wanna get some drinks while we talk? I can pay." "Yeah, some drinks couldn't hurt." Barbosa moved to place a hand on Roshi's head and ruffled his hair much like an older sibling would do, but Roshi was off walking towards the bar before the hand could even graze his personal space. "Glad to know he's doing well." Naesala had walked ahead with Roshi, securing the group four seats, their seats only a few away from the Karate Island Blacksmith.
"Yeah, a lot has happened, but Roshi is still Roshi." Alphie and Barbosa walked to the bar lagging behind a bit. Taking a seat with Alphie and Barbosa in the middle, Roshi was closest to Alphie on his right and Naesala was closest to Barbosa on his left. "Can I get uhhhh four rounds of whatever your dishing out?" The bartender nodded and began to fix their drinks. Alpha leaned on the counter top, both his arms folded and his eyes ahead in thought. "And don't fill the whole damn thing with ice this time!" Alphie chuckled, eyes still forward. "So when are you gonna join the open waters again?" Naesala's eyes were still fixated on the bartender who pretended not to feel his stare. "Still not sure yet. Somewhere close to the end of my term. They have some good benefits, so I'm going to milk it for as long as I can. . . . Hope that's alright with you guys."
The bartender placed a drink in front of them each. "Makes sense . . . In the meantime though, I've rounded up a few guys I know. We'll be making our move into the Grandline soon, I'm guessing that'll be the best place to meet you." Alphie nodded to Barbosa's words as he took a sip of his beverage. "When are we going to go to the back, there's still a number of people glancing more than usual at us?'' Barbosa and Naesala looked at Roshi, as did Alphie. Turning his head over his shoulder he saw a few faces turning away to avoid his gaze. He looked at Barbosa for further direction who then gave a nod in agreement.
NPC appearance:

6Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
Linedwell had been in the lounge for a while now, and all he'd managed to do while sitting at the bar was find a nearby newspaper and begin to read through it. He hoped he'd be able to find a few mentions of the occurrences on Karate Island. The last he heard another detachment had been deployed and he wouldn't be able to return right away. He hoped that maybe there'd be some mention of such a public event in the newspaper...but sadly, there was no mention of the event at all. While he was reading, a group of men walked into the lounge and sat a few seats down from him, but Linedwell didn't bother raising his head to see them.

"So, you gonna drink or what?"

Linedwell's concentration was broken immediately as he heard the booming voice make a comment that was obviously aimed at him. With a quick glance upward, Linedwell turned his attention from the paper to the bartender. Even though he was in a lounge like this, Linedwell's intention in coming here hadn't been to have a drink. Yet, if he was going to sit in here he could at least try somewhat to not stick out too much.

"Sure, I'll take a-"

Before Linedwell could finish expressing what he wanted, it seemed the bartender already knew what he wanted, placing the beer on the bar in front of him. Linedwell found himself shocked for a few moments, but soon gathered himself up enough to ask the bartender a question.

"You wouldn't have happened to hear about anything big going on in South Blue recently, have you?"

The bartender rolled his eyes soon after Linedwell finished asking the question.

"What, you think cause I work at a bar I gossip or somethin'? If you want gossip go watch Love & Hip Hop, ya dumbass..."

With that out of his system, the bartender walked off with a huff - leaving Linedwell confused about what just happened.

7Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:51 am

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Kicked Off My Shoes

Tripped Acid in the Rain

Jacket as a Cape

Umbrella as a Cane

Rather than go to the back room, Alphie was a bit interested in meeting the few guys Barbosa had said he had gathered. Barbosa was the most experienced out of the four, so if he felt they were ready for the Grandline, they surely had to be pretty powerful or at least had some tricks up their sleeves. "How about we shake off these guys by going through the back, then you introduce me to these guys you drafted?" Alphie took a long sip from his drink, placed it down then stood of from his seat. Naesala and Roshi's eyes were on Barbosa who just smirked with closed eyes. "You don't change heheh, I guess we could take you out for a night on the town." Slipping his hand in his pockets, he pulled out a few beli notes and placed them on the counter, majority of their glasses let unfinished, Roshi hadn't even touched his. "So how many did he round up Naesala?" The group walked together to the backroom, Roshi's eyes greedily devouring their surroundings as he walked silently behind the group. Barabosa was occupying himself with a cigarette. "Not that many, Barbosa has always been a quality over quantity guy, but they still aren't that impressive to be honest. Everyone worth while has already found their ties." Alphie nodded in disappointment, but Barbosa couldn't be blamed. Majority of the pirates were already out on the seas making names for themselves and now only the second wave of the NewAge was left behind making pickings rather sparse.
"Guess we were a bit too late then huh?" Basa chuckled until a familiar voice caught his ear. It wasn't a voice his ears were used to, but given who fresh their encounter was in his mind, the voice caused his eyes to search it out. With a raised brow he eyed the back of a man's head, before placing a hand on his shoulder and rearing his own head off to the side of the man's from behind him. "Hey, you're that guy from Karate Island, the Blacksmith." Alphie's group had stopped as well, a groan from Roshi reminded Alphie he needed to make the stop short. "Don't drink the nasty shit this guy gives you, why don't you come to the back with us?" He gave a devious grin that could be mistaken for the smile of someone trying to coax someone into an obvious set up. Alphie had no intentions of such of course, he saw the man as a potential prospect for the crew, should he not already have ties.

8Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
As Linedwell reached forward to grab the handle of the mug he'd been given he found some annoyance building up inside of him. Who the hell did this guy think he was? This anger was an anger that had suddenly come over him after the initial shock of confusion had all but washed away. Usually, Linedwell would have fired a few shots back at the old man after what he said, but Linedwell hadn't expected an outburst like the one the bartender had...so by the time Linedwell's anger had come to the surface the old man had already walked away.

With the mug now in hand and an annoyed sigh, Linedwell prepared himself to drink, only to feel a hand being placed on his shoulder. His eyes darted to the left in order to see who this hand belonged to, and he was greeted by the sight of a man he hadn't seen since Karate Island. Before Linedwell could say anything, the man had already brought up the details of their last encounter.

"Yeah, that's me...hey, guy..."

It wasn't until Linedwell said this out loud that he remembered that they never exchanged names. The man then made mention that he shouldn't drink anything this bartender was selling, and that caused Linedwell to take a glance at what he was just about to drink down. Though he didn't see anything wrong with it, the fact that this man had been so prone to random outbursts caused Linedwell to have a suspicious feeling about what could be in the drink. Heeding the man's advice, Linedwell placed the mug down. The man even invited Linedwell to "go to the back" with the group it appeared he was with. Linedwell looked over the group momentarily and then back in the direction of the man he'd known previously. He remembered that this guy stated he was a Marine...but this group he was spending time with...they didn't exactly seem like the type that would hang around Marines whatsoever. There was a brief moment in which Linedwell began to doubt this man's story, but then again, he did remember that this guy seemed to have a fondness for those on the opposite side of the law. Linedwell wasn't exactly sure what to make of this situation, but he decided that their company might not be any worse than the rest of the company in this establishment.

"Sure. Lead the way."

9Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:37 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Kicked Off My Shoes

Tripped Acid in the Rain

Jacket as a Cape

Umbrella as a Cane

"Heheh." Roshi didn't seem too happy to have a tag along, but the others didn't mind. Heading to the back, the bouncer permitted them entrance without a word thanks to the presence of Barbosa. "So I never did get your name, I'm Alphonse but I'd rather you call me Alphie or Basa." "Can I ask why you invited him to join us?" Roshi spoke shamelessly as they migrated to the bar that Danved tended too in the lounge of a backroom. "Ai, look at that gangs all here ey? Drinks on the house!" "Calm down Roshi, he's a great Blacksmith believe it or not. This sword I have was crafted by him. He probably knows how to handle himself by the looks of his weapon too." Alphie would look over to the Blacksmith who he had sat near. Barbosa was in the corner on his Den Den Mushi speaking to God knows who, but it'd probably involve them sooner than later. "Tell 'em man."
Alphie snickered deviously and Roshi just shook his head, while Naesala found the guy to be pretty interesting. "So what Island are you from?"

10Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:35 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
With the group now heading towards the back area that Linedwell's acquaintance had spoke of , he began to ask questions that probably should have been asked during the meeting they had prior. Though there was no harm in introducing himself to this man, one thing that Linedwell didn't exactly like doing was giving away too much information about himself. In the life that he lived, information was a valuable commodity, and talking too much and giving too much away could sometimes either cost you your power or your life. Though on the flip side, maybe he was simply being too paranoid. Even though this guy did claim to be a Marine, he didn't exactly strike Linedwell as one. This in some ways intrigued him, and the company he seemed to be keeping at the moment intrigued him as well. Maybe letting his guard down around these people would yield some information that Linedwell hadn't been privy to.

However, before Linedwell could state his name another person in Alphie's party began to speak, and it seemed he didn''t exactly take a liking to Linedwell crashing their party. Linedwell couldn't exactly blame this man; after all, Linedwell would likely react the same way to a stranger being randomly being introduced into anything he'd planned.

With the multitude of people speaking as well as the drinks that were now being passed around, Linedwell had yet to gain a chance to reply to anything he'd been asked at all. With a slight sigh, Linedwell reached forward and finally had a chance to take a sip of an alcoholic beverage before he responded.

"My name is Linedwell, and I hail from the Kingdom of Lvneel in North Blue."

Linedwell took another sip as quickly glanced around to see a few reactions. He hadn't noticed how formal he'd been in introducing himself, but his past as a noble would occasionally shine through every now and then.

"...and about whether or not I can handle myself. I wouldn't claim that I'm the strongest by any means, but I can, however, state that I'm no slouch when it comes to combat."

11Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:22 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Kicked Off My Shoes

Tripped Acid in the Rain

Jacket as a Cape

Umbrella as a Cane

Alphie could feel Roshi's unwavering feeling of insecurity, but it didn't bother him nor Naesala. Roshi was always like this and it's saved their necks times before, since he seemed to always have a distrust in people and always have an eye out on all who draw near the group."Lvneel is quite a ways out, wh-" Alphie swatted away Naesala's words. "Get out the man's business Naesala haha." Alphie already knew what he was going to ask as soon as his lips parted and in response to Alphie's words he shrugged shamelessly. "Is it really that intrusive to?" Naesala tossed out. "It is, depending on who you ask. Given he's so fa-" Alphie just shook his head as Roshi spoke, he had a way of being passive aggressive with his words tot he point of causing an odd stillness in the air, but luckily he'd be interrupted by Barbosa. "Alright, Roshi you can make this guy feel uncomfortable later. Someone's trying to hijack the ship we were staking out. The large galleon at the commercial docks." Alphie's eyes lit up. "Lets get moving then." Alphie took a quick burning swig of alcohol down his throat for the road and began to shuffle in his pockets for some beli after hopping out of his seat. "No need for payment, you guys are familia, go get your ship." Danved chuckled and shook his head. "Thanks Danved! Hey sorry, gotta cut our meeting short, maybe we'll run into each other again." Roshi was already out the door and Barbosa was at the door. "If you hit the Grandline, I'm sure you'll hear about us." Barbosa said while holding the door open for Alphie and Naesala.
"You mean hear about me psssh." With that the group exited the Red Herring through the back and began speed walking their way down to the docks. "From petty stick ups to stealing ships, oh where the time goes." Naesala brushed his hair back as he laughed out loud. "I was hoping you guys haven't gone soft, but I guess I'll see for sure tonight." Roshi scoffed and Barbosa replied with a raised brow and words that would keep Alphie quiet for some time. "Look who's talking. You're probably out here on your hands and knees scrubbing floors and getting yelled at by people with more shiny badges than you."

12Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:15 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
Linedwell remained quiet while the group seemed to teasingly squabbled amongst themselves - drinking his beverage while listening to the others. In doing this the attention had been taken off of him and there was no further reason to speak on himself. He breathed an internal sigh of relief, until one of the men began to speak about a "galleon at the commercial docks". It seemed that there was currently an attempt to hijack the ship, and the crew that Linedwell currently shared the company of seemed to have had their eyes set on this ship as well. Inside, Linedwell couldn't help but wonder if the galleon in question was the one he'd just had built for himself as well as his crew, and there was a part of him that replied with a "nah, couldn't be..."; but there was another part of him that realized where he was. In this shitty place known as Briss Kingdom it hadn't been the first time an attempt had been made to remove something from Linedwell's possession...and a ship as large as the one he'd miraculously been able to commission here would likely be on the list to loot. He wasn't sure if it was his ship or not, and he wasn't sure if Isaac or Sever were currently on board, and given this fact he couldn't leave this up to chance.

Because he was currently in the company of a group that could potentially have their eyes set on his ship, Linedwell decided to play it cool while in their company...at least until they all vacated the bar.

"shit,shit, shit..."

With that said, Linedwell hopped up and made his way out of the door as well. He peeked to his left and could see the group walking down one street towards the docks, and he decided he'd take another route as to not arouse too much suspicion. Darting off in a full sprint, Linedwell began to race down the alleyways and towards the docks as fast as he could. He could only hope he was simply being paranoid.

13Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:20 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Kicked Off My Shoes

Tripped Acid in the Rain

Jacket as a Cape

Umbrella as a Cane

"So how did a niño like you get tied up with them?" Danved had been turned around cleaning their cups after pouring their wasted liquor out with a bit of remorse. Turning around to face the bloke, he saw his chair was empty and a frame bolting out the door. " . . . Ok."
It had been sometime before anyone said anything else. Everyone in their own land of thoughts, Alphie contemplating a response to Barbosa's words. Though they were said about a minute ago, the Commander wouldn't let Barbosa get the last shot in. A thoughtful expression on his face, he had a hand up to his chin as he delved into the folds on his mind. "Careful Alphie, Barbosa probably has three more bullets in the chamber heheh." Naesala's words made Alphie stop in his tracks thinking if it was really worth it given Naesala was more than likely right. Jogging for a quick second to catch up, he gave it up. "Alright, once I get something on you, I'll get back at you." Clasping his hands against the back of his head, the knuckles exposed to the elements while his palms were against his head of hair, he browsed on thoughts of the past trying to think of something he could hassle Barbosa over, but he was stumped. "What the hell are you doing?" A grip on the hood of his jacket, stopped him from walking out further. So deep in his thoughts he hadn't noticed they were at the docks. Alphie saw it was Roshi. "Sorry." He mouthed soundlessly. The hijacking hadn't started yet, but it was evident to tell something was about to go down. There were a hell of a lot more people at the docks than normal even if it was day time. It was a bit beyond midnight, so the fact a heist was about to happen was pretty obvious. "Just wait to see if my intel is right. No need to jump into things if they aren't after what we're after."
You can initiate the task when you want.

14Product of the Block Empty Re: Product of the Block Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
Linedwell continued to run as fast as he could towards the docks. He would have likely reached the docks by now if he'd taken the route Alphie's group had taken, but if he'd done so he'd probably be seen as suspicious given the fact they seemed to be up to something. Moving through Briss after taking a detour like this one was confusing, to say the least, but Linedwell had a slight idea of where he needed to go in order to reach the docks. He'd only been here for a few days, but he'd been sure to learn as much about this place as possible if he'd ever found himself in a situation where a quick escape was necessary.

Linedwell still couldn't understand why exactly a Marine like Alphie would be getting himself mixed up with a crowd like that - but then again, maybe Alphie's respect for Pirates was a bit more than it seemed to be initially. There was a lot more to this man than Linedwell had ever been able to find out during their brief exchange on Karate Island. As weird as it was to say, this Alphie character had been someone that Linedwell had felt he had a few similarities with, even though they both hadn't shared much about themselves. Even though he was a Marine, it seemed there was more to him than a simple Marine ensign you'd see everyday. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to make an enemy out of one of the few acquaintances he had in this Blue.

Soon enough, Linedwell reached the far end of the docks and it was far too obvious that something of a criminal nature was about to occur here. The docks were far too crowded, and Linedwell had been here the day prior so he'd been able to get a look at how busy this place actually was during business hours. Glancing to his right, Linedwell was able to get a count of the ships that were docked nearby - his own ship included. Though there were other ships docked as well, none of the others were classed as galleons, giving an obvious indication that his ship was the one that was marked. Before he could even act, however, Linedwell felt a hand fall onto his shoulder. The black haired pirate's hand immediately fell to the hilt of his blade in reaction to this, but the hand didn't exactly feel as though it were threatening.

"Can't wait to get this show on the road...Once we get that ship, we're outta this place."

Linedwell's eyes glanced over to his right in order to see who exactly was speaking to him. The man to his right had managed to lock eyes with Linedwell, and it was obvious to him that this was a case of mistake identity.

"My bad, man! I thought you were someone else."

The lumbering man pulled his hand off of Linedwell's shoulder and began to rub the back of his own head as he laughed. The laughter didn't last for long though as the man's face became one filled with confusion.

"Wait a minute, I don't think I've ever seen you around here before. Who ar-"

It was obvious the jig was up at this point, and thus there was no point in attempting to blend in with these assholes. At this point, Linedwell found himself to be seething with rage. First he'd been insulted in the weapon shop by a man attempting to rip him off, and now a group of what appeared to be over one hundred people felt he was a mark and that they could simply take what he'd worked so hard to afford. At this point he was far beyond "enraged", and with a quick unsheathing of his blade he'd severed the arm of the man next to him. The man telling Linedwell his intents with his ship had been one mistake, but daring to place his hand on Linedwell's shoulder had been a mistake that could only be remedied by having that hand permanently removed from his body.

"AHH!!! WHAT THE FUCK! MY ARM! THIS MOTHERFUK-! MY ARM!"

With the show this guy was putting on, it wasn't long before the rest of the crowd began turning around to see what was going on.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum