One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
Skulls & Flasks [Social] EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
Skulls & Flasks [Social] EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
Skulls & Flasks [Social] EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
Skulls & Flasks [Social] EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
Skulls & Flasks [Social] EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
Skulls & Flasks [Social] EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
Skulls & Flasks [Social] EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
Skulls & Flasks [Social] EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
Skulls & Flasks [Social] EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Skulls & Flasks [Social] Empty Skulls & Flasks [Social] Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:23 pm

Silent Bones

Silent Bones
0431 WORDS
#SOCIAL #DEROUS
Skeleton My Friend
You are made of bone and you have no blood running through you to protect the bone. Skeleton we have been friends for years, you have seen me through some trials and tribulations and some tears, but everyone thinks I'm weird.

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock the sound clicks out from the wall within Bones' Inn room, the clock was perhaps the most annoying thing about the time which she couldn't sleep. It was a constant reminder of just how many seconds of sleep were stolen away from her from nightmares and painful memories of the past that jolt her in cold sweats. So while the clock's hands moved along, she just laid there in bed, recalling the events from the day prior with the battle inside of the bar. Her nose was still sore, back covered in light bruises from having been sent into several tables -- that day just wasn't hers. From the sound of the alarm she had set, it was time to get up, morning had already come and gone and it was now noon. As she was getting dressed a knock came from the doorway, leading her to quickly slip on the rest of her attire before opening it. A marine, probably an Ensign was walking down the hallway at this point and she'd almost call to him before noticing the letter on the floor. Well this certainly wasn't expected but she wasn't one to immediately turn things away just because she didn't know they were coming. Closing the door behind her she'd lock it and travel down the hallway with the letter in hand, reading it as she went along. Bones was to meet with one of the Navy's more experienced individuals and get to know him as she'd be working with him for their next assignment. A partner could mean one of two possible scenarios, either this man was some high-classed and perhaps pompous man with a high superiority complex and an ego to boost - or he was a decent man who worked hard to get where he is today. Personally she hoped for the latter, seeing as most the men she met were some sub-type of the former. With the letter read, Bones took it to the fireplace of the Inn and chucked it inside, letting the information burn away since she was the only one whom needed to know where they would be meeting. Slipping a hand free from her cloak, she'd cup her mouth and yawn through her fingers silently, then it was off to the docks to go greet this man whom she was to be acquainted with. The trip would only take her around 10-15 minutes on foot, Baterilla was a fairly sized city but the inn was thankfully close enough to the docks to not warrant any aching feet by walk.
ASTERISM@ネバーランド

2Skulls & Flasks [Social] Empty Re: Skulls & Flasks [Social] Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:26 pm

Anonymous

Skulls & Flasks [Social] Tumblr_nzs6ybUiIT1s5sj6zo1_1280
"Hmm, this place smells...awful." Derous would mumble under his breath as he would look around paying close attention to his surroundings ready to react in anyway, if a danger was to arise. Even though the docks didn't seem that active today you never know who is watching you, who is scheming against you, so you must be always ready. Derous has learned to always be on edge because of being ambushed before and also...that is also how he takes his prey so easily. Waiting till they drop their guard, even for a second, and striking with no hesitation or remorse.

He had his back against the wall of some small shake on docks, some type of fishing apparel shop to be exact. It was the first shop Derous had seen once he had gotten off of the Ferry, and since he had to meet up with someone, another Marine, he didn't want to stray too far off from where he had come in at.

A bored expression laid on his face as he continued to survey his surroundings. He didn't really have any information of the other Marine that he was supposed to meet up with, other than her gender and that she would stand out a bit. Derous felt that almost everyone not as beautiful as himself would standout as ugly, so that wasn't much help.  Derous also was a bit confused on why he was even supposed to be working with someone, this was supposed to be his break. A Vacation or something like that. It just seemed like they always wanted him to do something but he received no real reward for doing such a thing. Yea, he is a Marine and this is his job but he isn't just some regular Marine. His skill, power, and feats are something his rank doesn't reflect. As Derous was still officially a Ensign. Why? It was simple. He never wanted to received a promotion; turning down many promotions in the passed. And that was just because he was trying to figure a few things out and right now he still is doing that.

3Skulls & Flasks [Social] Empty Re: Skulls & Flasks [Social] Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:26 pm

Silent Bones

Silent Bones
0388 WORDS
#SOCIAL #DEROUS
Get Me Out of Here
Life can not go on this way, your a walking tragedy. Stuck in here I need to lay, stuck in here I'm breaking free!

PUNGENT ODORS from the fish that the sailors brought in lingered in the breeze along with such scents as salt water, crabs, lobsters, etc. It wasn't too unbearable but it wasn't exactly the kind of smell one could call pleasant. Bones lifted her cloaks neck piece up enough to cover her nose, it didn't make it perfect but it helped. Her eyes scoured the area for the man she was supposed to meet, from her mental picture the man was most likely standing alone and looking around just as she was. What came immediately as a surprise was the snowy white hair that one man had, standing along with a rather bored expression sour on his face. Seeing as he hadn't seemed to notice her just yet, perhaps having been given information that was too vague, she began her trek towards the store he was resting at for the moment. Her voice rang out to the other once close enough, it was not loud - surely not, it quiet and soft but had a hint of monotone to it, as if there was hardly any feelings to take away from it. Was this woman happy? Angry even? Hard to tell but she still spoke; "Welcome to Baterilla.. I believe you are the scientist they have sent to work with me..?" Her eyes were locked onto the other's but they had small moments where they seemed to move over his body and attempt to note any changes in body language and/or signs of an error - mostly a caution in case this was the wrong man. Regardless of whether the man answered her or not, she had removed a pack of cigarettes and was maneuvering her free hand to open it, aiming to take one free in a few moments. On first impressions, she had a feel for this man so far as cleanly, hard-working, cautious from having his back against the wall at all times and also rather attentive - as though he was always on the look out for someone or something to ruin his day.. or make it more interesting. A partner like that couldn't be all too bad but the fact that she was being assigned with one was still not something she wanted, especially a male with their running track of faults and behaviors.
ASTERISM@ネバーランド

4Skulls & Flasks [Social] Empty Re: Skulls & Flasks [Social] Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:19 am

Anonymous

"I believe so; nice to meet you. I'm Derous." Derous say as he would move forward a bit to stop leaning against the wall of the shop. Having noticed her when she had begun to approach him, and only truly acknowledged her when she spoke to him first. The short female, well compared to his height, wasn't what he first expected as 'strange'. Or maybe it was, whatever, she ha don her face that made he out to be strange. Derous didn't know, and honestly, didn't care whatsoever. Derous, with a friendly and warm smile, would wait for her to introduce herself and they can get passed the pleasantries and onto business, or talk about something interesting.

An intersting subject or thier objective was fine with him. As he waited he did take note though of what she did, her taking out a pack of cigarettes. Personally, Derous had no problem with someone smoking on those death sticks, as he didn't care for anyone's health other than his own. He did though wonder what type of smoker she was. As over the years of spending time with different types of people he has he noticed that they smoke for different reasons.

Some had smoked just because they liked the taste and others did it to calm their nerves, "Why do you smoke?" Derous would ask, regardless if she gave her name or not. He had made himself curious on why she had this bad habit; as he already felt he knew and wanted to be sure if he was right, like he usually was.

5Skulls & Flasks [Social] Empty Re: Skulls & Flasks [Social] Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:46 am

Silent Bones

Silent Bones
0472 WORDS
#ILLNESS #CIGARETTES
SOMEBODY TO LEAN ON
What will we do, when we get old? Will we walk down the same road? Will you be there, by my side? Standing strong as the waves roll over.

SMOKE AROSE from the tip of her cigarette after she had lifted it from it's packaging and placed it between her lips, lighting it's end with a black and white colored flip-lighter. Despite her appearance, she was at least considerate in the fact she kept the smoke from the cigarette far away from Derous and most that were around her - couldn't help the smell though. Bones was drawn in by the rather happy tone that the other had given in his greeting, having nodded her head and spoke her name towards him in kind; "I go by Silent Bones as a title but just Bones is fine too..." Her lips pursed for a moment in subtle thought, this man didn't seem the type that liked to linger too long on formalities judging by the pressure of the atmosphere and how stale it felt - as though it could be broken with a simple topic change. Seeking a natural partnership that ran smooth, she decided it would be for the best to have things move along their course and had the other follow her with a wave of her hand, walking down the dock's pathway.

She hadn't forgotten the question that he gave to her when noticing her cigarette, it was simply that she needed time to think on a way to describe her answer without getting too personal or sounding like the stereotypical tragedy story. Within a few moments of her stride, she stopped and turned her head, taking a long drag of the cigarette which caused it's end to brighten with the sharp embers and her exhale to breathe smoke out slowly. "While I could say it helps my nerves, it's more so that it helps me take my thoughts away from the voices inside of my head. It's hard to deal with the screams of people in your past when you can't get rid of them. The euphoric feeling I get from the cigarette just helps to soothe it.. even if just for a little while." Her eyes narrowed, not in the slightest bit of anger towards the man but perhaps the despaired anguish of facing reality in her own mental illness. She didn't need pity though, she knew of too many men and women that hid behind some falsehood of feeling sorrow for her 'condition'. "I don't let it get to me though, the cigarettes are only when I need a break from them entirely, they come and go naturally. So it's not a continuous thing, rest assured." A partner whose mental afflictions disrupted the mission was a partner that would be unwanted, she never desired to become one of those types of partners so steeling her resolve through missions without a chance to smoke out relief was just something she had learned to do on her own.
ASTERISM@ネバーランド

6Skulls & Flasks [Social] Empty Re: Skulls & Flasks [Social] Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:11 am

Anonymous

As Derous followed behind her down the dock's pathway he wondered if she was going to lie to him as most could give their answer within seconds of the simple question. He would stop at the same time as she did, as she seemed ready to give her answer. He let everything she said sink into his mind. He knew she had to be broken in some way, and strangely that was refreshing. Derous has been around all types of Marines and those broken and on edge where fun, well except that Seth guy or whatever his name was. Seth was, honestly, just a plan idiot and should've died sooner. And Derous kind of regrets not killing him himself.

Derous would withhold a response though, as he need to think. He couldn't just dive into her mind, they just met. He didn't want to seem too invasive as that would make her not want to open up to him, which would suck. 'I see... I can't bring myself to lie and say I truly understand how you truly feel, but don't worry. I won't judge you.' That was the first thing that would jump into the mind of Derous. He was glad he wasn't those types to say the first thing in his mind as he would regret saying that, as it was shitty. He knew he could think of something better to say. He wanted to seem like he truly cared to get to know and understand her, and make her ultimately trust him. Though, he probably won't really care for her finding out peoples troubles amused him, and he could always use it against them in the future if he needed to.

Not wanting to take to long to respond to her he would say something, though he wished he had a bit more time to think of something. "Well, Bones. I've worked with many different Marines and they have had their problem and illnesses, and I've had mine, we all have some things we want to let the other know right off the bat and things we want to keep secret; and maybe reveal later on or not at all. Either from it being too tragic or depraved. Or for even silly reasons... But what I'm trying to get at is that, we all have voices. Voices that remind us of a horrible past. Voices that want us to think we aren't able to live to some standard, and voices that want us to do something we know...we shouldn't do.

And I believe the only reason we allow such things to get to us is because we allow it, and are fragile minded. Instead of trying to just get away from them we should strive to face them. And I'm not trying to say face all of your fears or anything like that, but gradually chip away at it till it is completely gone. "
Derous wouldn't finish little speech just yet, but take a few seconds to think of something else to add. "I say all of this to open a bit up to you; so you can have a bit of understating in my mindset, as I am a man... no Marine that strives to get rid of many things within this world. And one of those things are whatever shackles we have that hold us all back from progressing to greatness. Oh, and I hope I didn't run my mouth too much." Derous would add finally ending his speech. He didn't like it but he said it and can't take anything back, so whatever. He hoped it was good enough though to make him put up a false image, but if it wasn't he was fine with that. That would just something else he was getting rusty at and needed to fix up.

What he was trying to get at really with his speech was that he could be trusted and someone that you could open up to. Though, he was completely different than what he was trying to convey. He just was a nosy guy who hoped he could sue things he knows about others to his advantage in the future.

7Skulls & Flasks [Social] Empty Re: Skulls & Flasks [Social] Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:50 am

Silent Bones

Silent Bones
0610 WORDS
#SCHEME #MASK
CAN'T FIGHT THE FRICTION
GET INTO THE SYSTEM. WE BOTH KNOW YOU NEED ONE. THE TIP OF THE NEEDLE, HAS TAKEN OVER YOU. CAN'T FIGHT THE FRICTION, SO, EASE IT OFF!

EYEBROW PLUCKED upwards in a lift when she listened to the long response by the man there was something about him that just set her off as odd. This wasn't some strange false pity or some caring speech, no.. it felt much more void of those petty emotions. There was more to it beneath the surface and although she couldn't exactly tell just what the Scientist's game was, she knew one thing was for sure - this partner was going to be interesting to say the least. "Don't worry about having said too much, your words are something I'll think on but I'll at least tell you flat out now." Bones turned from the man, her back facing him while she took another slow drag of her cigarette and continued to pace onwards, continuing; "I don't intend to get to know you more than I have to and I would ask you try to do the same. Knowing about one another is good and all but at the end of the day it's not going to save our skins. Controlling your emotions on the field, that's all that matters - that and taking actions to prevent loss between others and yourself. So distance yourself from me, better we not have a strong tie to one another if one of us get's shot or slaughtered." Her mood was set at a middle ground between that feeling of both curiosity and confusion. Her partner felt like one that was hard to read off the bat, he may have said quite a bit just now but it felt like she was dealing with a therapist, it felt like just one side of a coin, if she was going to decide whether to trust this person or not, she'd have to watch how he acts on the field and decide then. She'd seek out something inside of her cloak and pull free a rather detailed map of Baterilla, though there were marks in red lines that went through several areas with some buildings circled or X'd out. "Now then.. onto business."

She turned the cigarette which was now half used onto the side of her mouth, exhaling the smoke from the other side while her eyes followed along the map. With a few moments of letting her eyes dance across the parchment she nodded to herself and began to close it up again. "There are a couple of things we can do in Baterilla for the higher-ups, really just depends on what you want to do. I've got information recon missions, pirate apprehensions and guard tasks listed and marked from recent requests." Her head would tilt back some, taking a look towards the sky as some clouds seemed to be rolling in, from the looks of it they were that kind of dark black you normally didn't want hanging overhead. She didn't mind the rain to come, would make recon a little easier but it'd be just as useful in taking down opponents if their footsteps were masked. "You don't have to decide right away, I can get us an Inn room if you want to rest before we do anything -- you did just take a long boat ride over here after all. Let me know when you pick your poison." She felt that walking towards the center of the city was still a good idea and thus kept pace again, she didn't want to get caught in the rain if they were going to stay at the Inn, but she also did not want to stray too far from the tasks should he choose one. For now, it was all left to Derous.
ASTERISM@ネバーランド

8Skulls & Flasks [Social] Empty Re: Skulls & Flasks [Social] Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:21 am

Anonymous

"Okay, I'm fine with that." Was the only response ,the somewhat disappointed, Derous would say after she finished telling him how they shouldn't know each other more than they should. It didn't take him long to get over it though and to focus on his real reason for being here, in this blue, and that was some assignments they have been given. Though, it seemed Derous had a choice in the matter of which they would take care of. And, honestly, if he was to answer the he would tell her none at all. He would rather be doing something more productive and interesting. Like, reading a nice book in front of a cozy fire; or even torturing some poor soul before ultimately disposing of him or her. But he couldn't say such things this person didn't seem like the one that liked to do other things when given a task or slack off. She did also give him the option to tell her his decision later after getting him a Inn room, which gave him the thought that she wanted to fuck. But he didn't think she had good taste so he couldn't let her get him a room.

"I was able to rest enough on my way here,  I'm ready to get to work. Besides the day is till young, so how about apprehending some pirates. To diss out some good ol' Justice." Derous would tell her as they continued to walk. As the did walk and talk he kept looking around to make sure no one was well following them, as he still didn't trust his surroundings. He didn't know how people acted in this place.

9Skulls & Flasks [Social] Empty Re: Skulls & Flasks [Social] Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:03 am

Silent Bones

Silent Bones
0294 WORDS
#SQUAD #TEAM
WE'RE ALL VICTIMS
TWISTED HEADS IN SPIRALS OF LIQUID SPACE, THERE'S ALWAYS A MAN IN THE DARK TEARING HIS FACE.

SILENT BONES, a title she never wanted or expected to grow into yet here she was with another agent of the marines - ready to take down the pirate plague. There was always something wrong with this world, marines, pirates, revolutionaries - they were all just the mediums. At this point there was no use even beginning to try and sift through all of the shit in this world, but without people to do it, it'd never get done. "Fine, we'll get started soon. I'm going to go scope out a few of the assignments in regards to capturing, you on the other hand can go find a place to stay here in Baterilla. The Inn is the closest place but it's not exactly what one could call 'a quality experience'." Bones moved away from the man, not before offering him a sheet of paper from her pocket though; "You can use this, it's a copy of my map but without the markings I've made for mine. It's just a spare but it'll get you around Baterilla without too much of an issue." She believed that the other could obviously be trusted alone, they weren't five-year olds in this world and they didn't need to be looked after. She'd just have to come back and find him when she finished. "Now unless you need anything, I'll be off. Try not to get into some fist fight with the scum that are hiding in the alleys of this place. They won't be much for you but they'll still probably be annoying." And just like that, Bones had waved a hand up to signal a farewell and began to stride her way into a large crowd of civilians, losing herself into their common bodies and out of sight.
ASTERISM@ネバーランド

(~Exit~)

10Skulls & Flasks [Social] Empty Re: Skulls & Flasks [Social] Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:56 am

Anonymous

"Okay, that is fine." Derous would say stopping. He wouldn't continued to follow her now, as there wasn't a need to. Turning his gaze for a few seconds to the sky he would see that it was going to rain, and well that sucked. He didn't really bring anything to wear for such weather, but that was a easy fix. He just needed to find a place that sold clothing. So, after hitting a quick one-eighty Derous would resume walking. His new task for now was to find a store.

[exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum