One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
Leaving My Demons At The Altar EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
Leaving My Demons At The Altar EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
Leaving My Demons At The Altar EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
Leaving My Demons At The Altar EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
Leaving My Demons At The Altar EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
Leaving My Demons At The Altar EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
Leaving My Demons At The Altar EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
Leaving My Demons At The Altar EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
Leaving My Demons At The Altar EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Leaving My Demons At The Altar Empty Leaving My Demons At The Altar Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
It had been close to two years now since Linedwell's departure from the Marines and the true start to his journey, and yet, he truly wasn't that much closer to the goal he'd started out attempting to accomplish. His goals at the moment currently involved staying alive. If the forces currently pursuing him were only marines, his situation wouldn't have been as perilous as it was now. Instead, the forces that were after him didn't play by any rules whatsoever. They had access to funds that were new limitless and they were everywhere. Linedwell's only defense was to stay as far under the grid as possible - this involved killing only when absolutely necessary and the weapon he currently carried was one that didn't exactly allow him to live by these rules. 

When Linedwell was originally gifted the blade known as "Treachery", he was given it under the pretext that he'd be able to quell the hunger that this blade possessed. Yet, under his current predicament, senseless killing was something that he just couldn't afford to do - and the long denied Treachery the blood it desired it began to instead feed upon his own life-force. Letting go of such a powerful weapon wasn't something that he wanted to do; especially when he power was something he needed in a situation like this. With a heavy heart, Linedwell kneeled down before the altar he'd originally claimed this blade from. After a quick prayer, Linedwell placed the sheathed blade across the stone altar and began to make his way back towards the coast to the ship that would carry him away from here. He'd spent too much time on this island already, and the Clarets likely already knew he was here. Hopefully whomever claimed Treachery next would be able to satisfy the needs of this blade; and in return, wield the immense power it was able to grant.

-Exit-

2Leaving My Demons At The Altar Empty Re: Leaving My Demons At The Altar Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:44 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

ULT
Taka and Tori

The day had evolved into a rather sinister feeling night and with it the urge to sin was nearly overflowing in the vessel of many men and women. Ondori wasn't necessarily amongst these people, but unlike those who had an innocent existence and sought out shelter when night came, he stayed out and about. It was dangerous to rove about during the night, thugs, pirates, and bandits alike came out to make their day's earning. This is exactly why the Ronin was out. Being a bounty hunter at times Ondori had to go out of his way and look for trouble, so walking the streets at night was actually a bit comforting since he knew it'd lead to swollen pockets for the days to come should it be an active night.

For now Ondori was walking on a dirt trail towards a well lit town that was about two miles away glowing a warm yellow like a sanctuary. Bordering this trail was nothing but low cut grass, but a structure could be seen a small ways off the trail. While it was night so the sky was dark, this structure had a faint silhouette that could be discerned with a bit of focus. His interest peeked Ondori decided to stray off the path he had been walking for majority of the day. About twelve meters away from the alter the subtle clatter of a katana in a sheath halted the Ronin's advance and forced him into an even more concentrated state of observant. His eyes sharpened and his ears twitched once in a receptive manner. With a precisely cut half moon hanging overhead, as the katana clatter evolved to a drawn blade, Ondori's eye caught a faint glimmer of steel. The person was on top of the altar and as Ondori came to become fully aware of their presence his eyes seemed to hone in on them making their fram fully discernible.

"It must have drawn you here like those who previously came and fell to it." Ondori's eyes were trying to make out the body of the man, but the darkness wasn't necessarily on his side. He could see a bit of his being from the glint of light off the steel of his blade and his mind's eye did the rest to create an outline for him. "Mind if I ask exactly what it is?" Ondori reached to his back to where his chain and scythe was located and gripped the weapon by the shaft before safely moving it to his right side in his right hand. "Hmm, interesting weapon you got there, haven't fought someone who uses a scythe in years." Ondori began to twirl Tori with the fingers of his right hand, the rotation allowing the length oft he weapon to safely rotate off to his side angled ever so slightly towards his body, not to harm himself, but so that a bit of the weapon rotated out in front of him, but it was still off to his right side. "You should really get out more then." Rooster planned on using the chain length, but figured he'd keep it as an element of surprise down the road.

His left hand grasped the end of the shaft opposite of where the double sided blade resided, stopping the rotation abruptly. Crouching down a bit, Tori now gripped in both his hands and positioned to allow him to swing in a horizontal motion out in front of him, Ondori jumped towards the man and once he got in range he unleashed the prepared horizontal swing. Cleaving the space out in front of him, a silver arc lashing out in front of him, the man had avoided the attack with a shallow jump upwards just high enough to place his feet above the swing. Not one to leave himself out of options, halfway through his scythe swing Ondori had taken his right hand off of Tori and onto the handle of his katana Taka that was on his left hip in a traditional manner. Seeing the samurai had used such a short hop Ondori knew he was smart to half ass his offense with preparation for a defense.

From his shallow leap the man drew his blade outward and slightly downward angled at Ondori's exposed neck. The enemies' weapon was coming from his own right side, so drawing his katana diagonal to his right side and upwards with a backhanded grip, Taka had blocked the incoming threat. The clash of the blades didn't last long as Ondori had begun to descend to the ground from his jump. Pushing off the pressure the samurai was exerting Ondori pushed himself back a bit and simultaneously slung his left arm forward in a hooking motion. As he did so the chain length of Tori slung out aiming to subdue the samurai at the torso as he descended down to the top of the altar he had jumped up from. "Ain't this a surprise." The samurai was quick on his toes and also a quick thinker. Unlike most he just landed then jumped up once more but even higher to avoid the arc of the chain unlike most would do.

This meant the arc would lead the sickle head to come back to Ondori, so he sheathed his sword with his right hand and as the sickle head came back towards him on his right side making a "u" shape from his left hand to his right, he reached beyond the sickle head and grasped the chain length so he wouldn't cut himself. "Looks like I should have kept that secret to myself just a bit longer . . . I got anxious." Twirling the chain length in his right hand off on his right side with the sickle cutting the air, Ondori eyed the man as he was descending trying to assess exactly how he should approach. "It did catch me off guard, but yeah holding onto that a bit longer would have had a more bountiful reward." As the man touched down, he immediately jumped once more, but this time it was more of a light hop. Forward he went and onto the ground level with Ondori he stood. "Do you know what called you over here?" As the samurai spoke he sheathed his sword and his hand began to move for another that was positioned on his hip. "It was this, this sword can speak to people like us in a way others can't understand." Ondori watched as the man's hand clenched the handle of the weapon violently and flames began to emanate from the weapon. The Ronin's eyes widened in disbelief and he took a few cautionary steps back to create a distance of 10m between the two combatants. "Don't fear it, it was calling to you. For some reason it feels you'd better wield it than I could and that's what I'm here to disprove." Ondori felt an odd chill go up his spine at the samurai's words and for the first time in a while he felt fear. Fear of death. All he could see was the flames of the sword engulfing the samurai in a greedy aura as he crept forward, closer and closer to Ondori. When he came back into the moment he had found his feet were carrying him backwards on their own and before he knew it a voice in his mind was shouting at him to flee. "It looks like you're not as foolish as the other people who came here before you." "This doesn't feel right" He thought to himself before lobbing the still rotating sickle blade forward. It was a straight forward cut and came at the samurai head on, no curve or hooking motion, but it was a feint. Freeing his hand he retracted the sickle blade and chain back into the shaft not letting it sail further than 5m. As he did so, Ondori hauled ass away from the battle for the first time in years.

The samurai didn't bother to chase, he just laughed at Ondori as he ran, the Ronin's body felt almost frozen over as he did so, but he kept running. He ran all the way until he reached his ship and without a word to his men he went into his room. There he laid down trying to sleep, but he already knew no such thing would come. He felt as if there was a ghost in the corner of the room watching him as he laid there, still and fear struck. Soon fear turned into anger however, anger at himself for running from a fight, but deep down he knew why he ran. The man had an energy unlike anyone Ondori had ever met before, it stopped the little bounty hunter in his tracks and turned him into a fish out of water, it was a miracle he could even hope to run. But despite all the thoughts running through his head and all the memories of his travels leading up to this point, the Ronin fell into a slumber. In that period of sleep however his dreams tormented him with visions of that man and his sword and how the people they killed didn't simply die, but how their soul was eaten by the blade never to be reborn again, they were sent to oblivion and that was what scared Ondori the most.

3Leaving My Demons At The Altar Empty Re: Leaving My Demons At The Altar Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:35 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

ULT
Taka and Tori

Waking up Ondori found himself feeling a bit disheartened and empty almost. The events from last night had taxed him heavily mentally, though physically he wasn't even scratched. What woke him was a knock on his door for food, he had slept through the morning and it was already lunch. Opening the the door he saw one of his employees holding a tray of food. While Rooster would normally eat with the team, he wasn't feeling it today and decided he'd head in town for food, the reason was unknown to even him. "I'm going to go in town to eat, you guys are good." With that he grabbed only his katana Taka and departed. His stomach growled, but he ignored it, he felt he deserved to be hungry for his act of cowardice last night, so despite the constant grumbling and groaning his stomach made, he just kept walking around town going nowhere at all until the fatigue set in and he was forced to take a seat on a roadside bench. There he sat and thought to himself, a very introspective moment and that was quite rare for Ondori. He replayed the events of the skirmish, he sorted through all the emotions he felt, and he further analyzed what he had saw through a retrospective lens. Hindsight was always 20/20 and after playing the scenario through his head over and over he came to the conclusion he would seek out the samurai again.

Before the man even reached for the sword Ondori was confident in his ability to defeat the man, it was only the blade's spirit and overpowering presence that had shook Ondori not the oaf who wielded it. The samurai had even said himself that the blade called out to Ondori because it wanted him to wield it. Perhaps he would die trying, but at least he would try. Getting up in a stupor of hunger Ondori walked to a small hole in the wall restaurant and ate, all the while he was still roving his mind for answers that he could have missed. Then the thought hit him, the blade was cursed. Many would fold to the thought of even being in the same room as a cursed blade for all the stories end in the owner's going mad with power, being forced to kill to satisfy the weapon's bloodlust, and many sleepless nights as challengers from all ends of the world come to fight them for their treasure, but Ondori was not one of them. If he truly wanted to be the strongest swordsman in the world defeating then this samurai would need to be killed and all the burdens that came with owning a cursed blade would need to be seen as positives. Endless streams of challengers and then the blade itself being in Ondori's possession. Finishing his meal, he tipped the waiter with all the beli he had on hand. If he were to die fighting this sword, not man, then at least he'd have some good karma.

Leaving the restaurant with peace of mind and a new outlook on the whole situation, the Ronin now valued task with death as a possibility, if he wanted to become the world's greatest, then he'd need to live at the Reaper's doorstep, always ready to succumb to the inevitable, but only doing so in the heat of combat. Leaving the confines of the small town, Ondori walked the dusty path on the outskirts until he could see the silhouette of the altar contrasting the setting sun. Pausing for a moment eyeing the structure, the Ronin could feel the sword's presence bled out into the atmosphere, it was searching for people to come and claim it."So that's how it'll be." He figured this wasn't just a situational thing for the weapon, but something it would always do, eternally calling out to people to come and claim it regardless of who the wielder may be.

Diverging from the dirt path, Ondori's straw sandals crushed the dead grass with his weight as he walked to the altar to see the sword lodged in the swordsman's gut. No one was around, just Ondori, the body of the samurai, and the blade. He saw it as a warning of things to come could he not steadily satisfy the weapon's bloodlust. Taking the sword meant a new lifestyle, but one appropriate for the Ronin, he was on his way to becoming one of the best to ever wield a sword. He was anxious as he reached out to grasp the handle of the weapon, in his mind the moment his hand made contact with the handle he'd be overcame by some hell-spawn and be driven mad or perhaps the weapon would speak to him and tell him the terms and conditions of the weapon forming a pact with him, but none of that happened, perhaps because Ondori already knew what he was agreeing to upon grabbing the handle and stripping the samurai of the sheath. Placing the sword in the cover, he slid it into position on his left hip angled to jut out above Taka. Releasing a held in breath, a weight had slid off of his shoulders, but a new one immediately replaced it.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum