One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
Forgotten EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
Forgotten EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
Forgotten EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
Forgotten EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
Forgotten EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
Forgotten EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
Forgotten EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
Forgotten EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
Forgotten EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forgotten Empty Forgotten Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:53 pm

Ozark

Marines
Marines

Ozark
Baterilla represented a warm and sunny place in the heart of most people. To Ozark though, it felt more like a prison. It'd been two years since she first set foot on the island. She hadn't been expecting to stay that long, but that's what fate transpired into. The Marines informed her that they would reach her when they had information of the pirates she sought, but it was never supposed to have taken this long. It was as if they had forgotten about the Kuja and left her to her own idleness with the Marines on the dull island. Having graduated the training facility of the island, however, she hoped to be picked up by any passing Marine corp but none would have her. Excuses always came—“Only a man will do for this crew.” “I heard these Kuja were always savages.” “This ability of yours seems unnatural!” The ability, of course, was haki, something Blue Sea marines never seemed to understand.

That day, in the island's Marine facilities, Ozark watched the new recruits spar on a thick blue mat in the training room. Despite all the people sparring and watching in the room, she had a way to stand out. She wore her regular red suit, for instance, after obtaining the rank of petty officer. The rank, however, was practically something just thrown at her to keep her content as if she cared for ranking. It did little to change the rut she was in after all. There was also the axe she carried around on her back wherever she went. Marines weren't required to carry their weapons with them while in the facility, but going far from her family's personal weapon seemed unthinkable. The attention it garnered was much less flattering than the red attire she suited. People, often civilians and recruits on the island, often found themselves intimidated by it.

She was leaned back against the wall, never once considering sparring with anyone there. It was always clear the greenhorn Marines could never stand up to her, a woman who grew up as a warrior since the age of six. Once the recruits grew strong enough to face her though, they always left the island to wherever they were assigned, leaving Ozark to bitterly sulk on the island. If were not bad enough that Ozark waited endlessly for word of the whereabouts of her targets, she did so in boredom. It was pretty obvious that the Kuja did not enjoy her surroundings either. Her hawk-like eyes brooded with a sour expression. A simpleton might even assume she'd roar at anyone who came near her. It had nothing to do with the smell of sweat or the overly heated room, but it had everything to do with disappointment and malcontent at how little she had managed to achieve in the past two years.

To calm herself, as she always did, she retreated to a social lounge in the Marine facility. She picked up her idle axe from the wall and latched it into its sheath on her back headed out the large doubledoors. As the sound of fighting in the sparring room grew more faint, the sound of her clacking heels echoed ever more through the dull, gray hallways. The boring infrastructure only seemed to make her feel worse though. She tried not to think on it.

When she reached the lounge, she entered to find it completely devoid of life. Its gray walls and gray floor made it seem just as dreary and hopeless as Ozark's circumstances, but she reached for a white cord on the window and tugged to allow a beam of light in. With the sun setting, the light seemed faint but its strength just enough to distract Ozark from grim reality. The swishing of the tide sounded like a sweet tune in reminding her of the beaches of Amazon Lily. Truly, for a moment, she felt forgot where she was in the nostalgia. But then, she remembered where she was, and she wanted to leave once again.

2Forgotten Empty Re: Forgotten Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:46 pm

Titan.

Pappa Smexy
Pappa Smexy

Titan.
Forgotten Tumblr_o3a1vit9Ww1u4rds9o5_r1_540

Why was Derous within Baterilla? He didn't have any purpose here, as he had already been summoned to report to Briss Kingdom. But, he couldn't go there just yet, and besides he had time. He had been putting the World Government's agenda first while putting his on hold, and he couldn't do that. The gears for what he was conjuring up was already in motion, and he couldn't put them on hold any longer. So, that is why he is here. Within this Marine base located in Baterilla, his goal being to keep things flowing. Also, he wasn't alone in this endeavor, being accompanied by a certain Marine Captain. Oh, and it wasn't the foolish one he was to meet up with in Briss Kingdom, but someone else. Someone more stable and reliable. And that Marine was Zed J. Maxwell.

There toe two stood, along with many other Marines, paying close attention to the training session unfolding before them. But, the only thing Derous would see is disappointment and wasted effort, as none of them had IT. And, that really sucked. As this base, like others, should at least have a few good Men, or women, that could help Derous. Maybe they had already been nabbed up.

"Man, and I thought this wouldn't be a waste of time, guess I was wrong. Let go Zed, might as well head to Briss now." Derous would say, as he turned away from the sparring Marines. Derous only spoke low enough for Zed to hear him, as he was the only one that needed to hear his words. As he was sad and disappointed; and he didn't want anyone else to know this from the tone of his voice. Also, he hung his head a bit low as he didn't even have a cheeky smile on his face anymore.

"What about her?" Zed would say as he would subtly point to the Marine that was retreating from the the training room, no one paying attention to him to notice that he was pointing at the female Marine.

Instantly, Derous disappointment would seem to vanish. No more words needed to be exchanged, between Derous and Zed, as it was clear what needed to be done. 'The way she sticks out.' was the thought in Derous' head. It wasn't really her red attire but rather that she had her weapon on her, even though they are within the Marine facility. A place most Marines would think they are save from danger, but that wasn't the case, well in Derous eyes. No place on this Earth was safe, and you must always be on guard. And those that drop that guard will die, usually in an instant. So, Derous would have to talk with her, he needed to talk to her. As maybe she was the one she was after. So, he and Zed would quickly begin to walk after her, even walking through the current training session going on.

They wouldn't be stopped for doing this, but everyone did eye them for this rude act. Derous didn't care though. Derous didn't know if she had noticed he and Zed were following her as she continued to go where ever she was headed, without even turning around. Derous, nor Zed, were that close either though so there wasn't even a reason to be so cautious of them. She would enter a lounge, and Derous and Zed would enter as well.  Coming in as she had opening the blinds to the window.

"Hello, there." Derous would say as the two stood in the doorway, making there presence know, well if it wasn't already, before moving any further. The two, Derous and Zed, dressed similar as they both wore black suits today.

3Forgotten Empty Re: Forgotten Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Ozark

Marines
Marines

Ozark
A sound, a man's voice, creeped into Ozark's ear and broke the somber silence. With the Kuja forced out of her daydream, she turned to face the room's new company. Her body blocked the path of light in the window from reaching the opening of the door, but she could see the two figures clearly.

One, the most notable of the two, stood much taller than Ozark. It was a very rare thing for her to see outside of Amazon Lily. In fact, even the taller ones of the Island of Women did not reach that man's height. It might have been intimidating in a tenser situation. Then again, there were many more sinister parts to the man's being. The dark rings of his eyes, for instance, told something unsettling. There certainly had to be a good story to this man.

The other man posed as average in the height department, but he certainly had an oddity to him as well. Apart from his scrawny (if not sickly) fram, he word what Ozark could only guess to be an iron mask on his face. She supposed he must have been horribly wounded to hide his face, but the beautiful flowing hair told something different. It was very odd.

The two man shared just one visual thing in common and it was their dark suits. Suits like those were not a common site at that particular Marine base, so it drew Ozark's curiosity.. The two almost looked like classy devils prepared to make a Faustian bargain. And so, the curiosity turned into suspicion.

“Hello...” She spoke lowly, but the quiet room carried her voice well enough. As her awareness grew, however, she crossed her arms to give off her usual air of confidence. When the suspicion in her body language died down in a moment, she almost seemed tense. Had she known the ranking of the two men, she might have returned her greeting with a salute. Instead, she gave looked them over once more and followed up with, “Are you two lost? Is there something you need?”

Ozark didn't say it out loud but her brow made it clear she wanted to ask so much more. She had never seen the two before, so they were obviously from a much different place. Were they Marines? It seemed hard for her to believe the smaller of the two had ever seen combat. And what's with their... peculiar appearances? The dark-haired one came off as particularly unnerving despite presenting no immediate danger, though she tried to match it with her own dagger-like stare lest she be taken advantage of.

4Forgotten Empty Re: Forgotten Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:51 am

Titan.

Pappa Smexy
Pappa Smexy

Titan.

"No, we came to talk with you, actually." Derous would respond, paying close attention to Ozark. "Oh, but I think we should introduce ourselves. I'm Agent Derous. And this is..." Derous would introduce himself as Agent instead of Ensign, even though he was both. He didn't really need to hold any high Marine rank as he was an Agent of the Cipher Pol first. He also didn't say introduce Zed, but that was because he felt he Marine could do that himself.

"I'm Captain Zed J. Maxwell."

Derous would shut the door to the social lounge. He didn't turn around to do this action but used his heel to kick it gently, but with enough force, to cause it to swing shut. This wasn't to keep anyone else from coming in but to just have something sturdy to lean against, and because he didn't want to leave his spot. Actually, that is a lie. He didn't want anyone else to enter and if someone tried he could be there to know when to stop talking. Not because what he wanted to talk about anything he shouldn't be, not at all. It was just that he felt maybe what he had to say would make them envious of the female Marine. Zed wouldn't continue to stay by the door but find himself a chair to sit down on, a bit tired. They wouldn't say anything else as they still wanted to know the name of the female Marine, and not really that of her rank. And after she would introduce herself, or even if she didn't, Derous would ask one question.

"Do you pride yourself as a Marine? No, as a warrior?"

5Forgotten Empty Re: Forgotten Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Ozark

Marines
Marines

Ozark
Ozark's interest rose up higher at the mention of the ranks of the two men. She could not decipher what “agent” meant but keeping the company of a Marine captain certainly hinted at someone higher up the ladder than her. Retaining formalities, she straightened her posture erectly and let her arms rest to the side, chin up. She did every thing short of salute, if only to not embarrass the two. They seemed somewhat casual after all, with the captain taking a seat the other leaning like a bored schoolboy. Regardless, she tried herself with a professional introduction.

“Petty Officer Ozark.” No name or rank had been asked, but she felt it proper to respond to superiors in such manner. It was clear the tone had shifted though, with Ozark's voice growing from suspicion to attention. That changed with the follow up question. Indeed, Ozark grew a slight smirk that shined a confidence at heart. She almost looked like a mother being asked about her children.

“To stand on my feet and fight is my livelihood, sirs. Almost since I could walk, there has been no greater pride in the world than what I possess as a warrior.” A glint could be seen in the sharp eyes of hers. She'd clearly been awoken deep inside, stirring with pride as she recalled what she could do. It was feeling she assumed the island had robbed her of long ago.

As she reeled in from her euphoria, she stared into the dark eyes of Derous and muttered, “So yes... I certainly do.” A hint of resent followed those words. She longed to throw her body into combat once more. Not in a sadistic way that desired the blood of foes but in a nostalgic way that wished to be reminded what it meant to be a Kuja warrior. It was a feeling that almost killed her inside.

6Forgotten Empty Re: Forgotten Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Titan.

Pappa Smexy
Pappa Smexy

Titan.

"Will you be able to prove that?" Derous would ask, curious. He didn't doubt anything she said, but anyone can say anything. As, Derous also says many things can, at times, are far from the truth. 

Zed would look over to Derous, not sure what he was going to say next. As, Zedwas asked the same question before, and new a follow up one would arise, shortly after. 

Zed was right as, a few seconds after asking the question Derous would continue to talk. "I'm not ask for you to show me now though, but maybe in the future. As, what i'm getting at. Is I want you to follow me. As...well. I've grown tired of the South Blue, and don't want to return to my home . But, the journey is dangerous, even with my skill. So, I want those with IT, I can't explain what IT is. But, I see you have it. So, what do you say? " 

Yea, asking such a thing out the blue like that was strange. But, Derous didn't care. He wanted to get to the point and not beat around the buss. As even if he was wrong the only thing that could happen is this person dies for not having IT. 

7Forgotten Empty Re: Forgotten Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:53 pm

Ozark

Marines
Marines

Ozark
Ozark's gray eyes grew with excitement as she listened, clearly surprised by this sudden request. For an instant, her face seemed motionless and agape, but her lips quickly curled into a grateful smile.

“I promise I have whatever it is.” Her head lowered in thought, contemplating on what she must do. “I don't much mind what it is you have in store for me, but if I am to leave this island without going AWOL, then I will gladly throw my lot in with yours and face the danger you seem eager for.”

The delicious smile on her face and joy in her expression slowly morphed in that of seriousness as she matched the men with her own desire. “There's something I must ask of you though. There's a man in the Calm Belt, a pirate. He's a man that I must find.”

Ozark approached the taller man, crossing her arms again as she looked up into his dark eyes. ”If you promise me that we may look for him if we ever cross into that wretched sea, then you have my word that I will behead each of your enemies and protect each of your allies to my very own death.” She could not say if giving herself up to this man might slow her down, she was more than willing to make herself a weapon for Derous if that was what it took to find the damned pirate.

8Forgotten Empty Re: Forgotten Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Titan.

Pappa Smexy
Pappa Smexy

Titan.

From how quickly she would pledge her loyalty, even though at a request, Derous knew he found someone good. "You have my word, Petty officer Ozark. " Derous would tell her. And he mean't it, as he would help her take care of that pirate. Whoever it may be, as Derous was going to see one of his own. He wondered though why Ozark wanted to see this Pirate. Was it to kill them, out of revenge? Was it someone that they wanted to stop from walking such a dark path? A lover? Brother? Sister? Close friend? Whatever it was Derous wouldn't know, as he wouldn't pry into her personal business. Well, not right now. As today was the founding a new group, but still he had to cut that short. 

"I would love to stay longer, but I can't. I must leave to report somewhere else, and must have you stay on this Island, a bit longer. Don't worry though, Captain Zed also is staying. Don't worry Zed, I will tell them you couldn't make it. When I return. I hope you both are ready, as we will be leaving. And not coming back to this place. Oh, and to let you both know now. Foes that are against the World Government, where we are going are one another level. If you have any question though about us, ask Captain Zed. He will fill you in" Derous would say, and then making a quick exit. Honestly, he didn't like what he left on. But time was really not on his side and he needed to be the first there for that meeting. 

"Ugh, okay." Zed would say, not even able to voice his opinion on the matter. He didn't mind as the meeting Derous was so anxiousness to attend was mandatory. 

exit

Crew page:

9Forgotten Empty Re: Forgotten Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:47 pm

Ozark

Marines
Marines

Ozark
Derous had given the Kuja relief in his promise. The stress of wait imposed by the island seemingly disappeared into thin air. Her mouth pursed into an almost humble smile before she nodded and back away and took seat in one of the lounge's comfy chairs. She felt a little more at ease, more so than forever ago, and almost seemed unguarded as a lazy contentedness flowed in her eyes.

It looked odd to see a captain of the Marines so easily pushed around, but Ozark paid it no mind. She was given Derous' assurance that he would return, and it was enough to tame he into a lull. She merely smiled and gave another nod as the agent left. She did not ponder on these great threads past the Blue Seas nor did she really consider how much danger she might be put through in future's time. All that mattered now was the road to the pirate she needed. The path, though apparently deadly, could now be walked and with the help of a Marine crew no less.

When Zed and Ozark were left alone, the Kuja sat in silence. She had no questions, just eagerness. She listened to the sea once more, but the nostalgia in it did not die out this time. If anything, ti strengthened and brought her more comfort than she could recall. As the sun grew ever darker in the horizon of the water, it appeared that the two year dread would soon come to its own end  as well.

Ozark turned her gaze into Zed's snow-white eye holes. She could not see his true eyes, though she felt he could see hers regardless. She slowly stood up from her chair and produced a respectful tone but somber tone.

“Shall I show you to the barracks, captain?”

[EXIT]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum