One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
What to do, What to do?!  EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
What to do, What to do?!  EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
What to do, What to do?!  EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
What to do, What to do?!  EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
What to do, What to do?!  EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
What to do, What to do?!  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
What to do, What to do?!  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
What to do, What to do?!  EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
What to do, What to do?!  EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What to do, What to do?!  Empty What to do, What to do?! Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Xanny

Admirals
Admirals

Xanny
What to do, What to do?!  Tumblr_mlzk3qOMkM1qegajio1_500

The water dripped from the bronze skin of the Thonian Prince as he leaped from out of the water and onto the hard land known as Marineford. As he continued on through Marineford, he'd find that everything was busy. He was gone for no more than a week and the entire town seemed to be in a frenzy. Was it because of Oceanus? He was well aware that the fishman occupied Marie Jois, so was it time to battle? Couldn't be, he couldn't sense much tension or fear. Everyone just seemed to be so focused. "Rear Admiral Arkonium!" Oh how he hated being called that. "Hm?" The brown man turned to face the direction from which the voice came. A young lad with lengthy brown hair and giant green orbs for eyes stood under him. With a smile the Admiral gave his attention to the boy. Almost immediately the boy seemed to shiver. "I-I was told to meet you here, S-sir. I have been a-as-assigned to you." Xanus twisted his face upon hearing the news, not because he wasn't pleased but because he wasn't expecting the kid so soon. Counting him, he had a total of 15 grunts now. Guess that means that he'd have to stop doing things on his own. "Oh? Haha, well then welcome to the team. You must be Jonathan." The boy nodded. He seemed to be relieved that Xanus wasn't a total dick. "Y-yes, I am! Pleasure to meet you, Admiral Ar-" The taller Thonian placed his hand forward, signifying for the young male to stop speaking. "Please, call me Xanus." Shocked, the young boy nodded. "Well...now that you're here, why don't you, uh... go-"

"Admiral Xanus!" It'd take him a while before he could get used to that admiral title before his name. Slowly he turned his head to see who'd been calling him now. "Hm?" Oh, another one of his grunts. "Your ship, it's almost done." With a sigh, the new Admiral responded. "However, it isn't yet done. I thought I said inform me when it's done, haha." Xanus simply laughed it off although he was slightly annoyed. His kind heart couldn't stand to be mean for too long. He looked back at the boy, then back at the other grunt. "Jonathan, This here is Gerard. Stay with him. Gerard, take Jonathan and the others and hit the training room, things have been getting spicy lately. A battle is coming, I'm going to need all of my men in top-notch condition."   Quickly the two departed. He wondered if it was obvious that he was a new admiral to people who didn't know him. The position was entirely different from being Prince, it was something that required more patience and a lot more attention it seemed.

"Maybe I should get to training as well." he told himself as he began walking through Ford.

2What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Ritz

Admirals
Admirals

Ritz

Supplies, supplies, and more supplies. There was a lot to do, but it was mostly done. The Rear Admiral mused as she walked around one of the busier districts of Marineford. On top of her head her trusted navigator Meme was fast asleep. Ritsu had requested her assistance in running errands earlier that day so it was understandable that the little dwarf was down for the count. This wasn't the first time this happened, so people around the Marine base who knew her didn't find the sight unusual at all. And considering she had been landlocked for quite some time now, people see her more often than before.

For the most part, the preparations for leaving with the Celestial Dragon have been finished. Now Ritsu was out of things to do again. As she walked down the streets of Marineford, she spotted a familiar figure coming from the opposite direction. He was not someone she knew personally, but he was someone fairly well known for being one of the few nobles turned Marine officers in the navy. He was a Fishman prince if she was not mistaken and it looked like he just came from a swim as he was still dripping a bit. She was not up to date on his precise rank but he was definitely not a nobody.

As he drew close, the first thought that came to Ritsu's mind was that he was shorter than she expected. She was a tall woman herself but most other Fishmen she knew towered above her in spite of that. Well, it was probably her shoes adding a bit of height to her, but still. Anyway, to be the prince of a Fishman country, he must be of considerable strength. This thought got her feeling a bit excited. She had some free time after all.

"Hello there! You're the prince of Thonis aren't you?" She said, waving cordially. "I've been curious about meeting you one day. It's not very often that we get Fishmen let alone nobles in the Marines."

"Oh, my apologies. Where are my manners. Rear Admiral Ritsu, at your service." She smiled, while giving a quick salute. She was wearing her Marine coat so her rank was obvious but she didn't know his. Either way, it was still proper to greet a prince with respect.

On top of her head, Meme was still sleeping like a rock, unaware of the turn of events.

3What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Xanny

Admirals
Admirals

Xanny
Oh look,another person coming to greet him. To his right he looked and saw that a woman he recognized simply as Ritsu approach him. The two didn't know each other personally, but they obviously knew of each other. Xanus made sure he knew every rear admiral, vice admiral, and admiral. Knowledge is power. Ritsu knew of his nobility as the royal prince of Thonis, but he'd expect no less, he was pretty well known at this point. With a warm smile the fishman would allow the taller woman to introduce herself. From all that he learned about her he couldn't seem to find that she had a last name. All he really knew that she was an exceptional fighter on the battlefield. Probably more skilled than he was considering he wasn't exactly a fighter. His duties usually pertained to obtaining information on criminals with a high enough bounty. It was safe to say that he was a spy - or at least he was before he was given grunts and a new underling to take care of. "Rear Admiral Ritsu. I've heard a lot about you." Though of course this was only because he took the time out to learn about her. "Indeed I am the Thonian prince. It is rare to see a fishman join the ranks while being a prince and a Rear Admiral at the same time. Lots of responsibilities I tell ya." Instead of saluting the woman, he bowed. Greeting her as he would greet a noblewoman in his homeland. She struck him as honorable off rip but you could never be too sure with anyone...sadly not even members of the Marines. Xanus liked to believe that everyone was innocent until proven guilty, but sometimes that just didn't work in this world- at least not when it came to the land-walkers. "Pleasure to meet you, Rear Admiral Ritsu. Seems like everyone is getting ready for something big." The smile from his face slightly dropped. When he said "something big", he meant a war regarding Oceanus' takeover on Marie, but he he couldn't speak of such matters where so many lower ranked marines were, he did assume she would know what he was talking about. He quickly scanned her body. She was a beautiful woman with a tall slim structure, the heels making her appear even taller than she already was. If he didn't already discover that she was human, he'd think she was part of the Kuja race.

4What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:37 pm

Ritz

Admirals
Admirals

Ritz

So he was a fellow Rear Admiral. That meant that, more often than not, that they would be sent on similar missions. It was always a good opportunity to get to know a peer better. He confirmed his identity as the prince but didn't actually give out his name. Not that Ritsu needed him to since she already knew it. But it would feel a bit awkward to start using it before he officially mentioned it so she tried to avoid doing so in the meantime.

He talked about Marineford being busy. That was true. There was talk about a big operation happening soon with regards to you know where. Perhaps the one reason she did not pay so much attention to it was that she wasn't sure if she would be part of that campaign. The official orders on the participating officers had yet to be released. Not to mention she still had that new mission she was undertaking with the Celestial Dragon on her plate. Then it hit her. What if Anubis was in fact undertaking a mission related to the big campaign? He did talk about changing the world. And reclaiming the Holy Land was certainly world-changing in scale. The thought got her hopes up and she smiled unconsciously.

"Yes, indeed. And preparations are going well for the most part. At least I haven't heard of any major issues. It's a great chance for us after all." She replied, taking the hint from her fellow officer that it was not something to be spoken about so easily out in the open.

"On my part I've been trying to get myself ready. The crew is doing a fine job. But I personally have been feeling rather off lately. I suppose I'm not used to sitting behind a desk for long periods of time instead of being out at sea on a mission. I've been looking for an opportunity to stretch my legs and practice in-between all these preparations."

"How about you? How are things on your end, Prince?"

5What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Event NPC

Pappa Smexy
Pappa Smexy

Event NPC
What to do, What to do?!  Tumblr_oomvy1FdeP1w8zshoo1_500

Busy was the only word you could use to describe Marineford currently. Everyone seemed to be doing something and that was good, as they were focused more on their tasks at hand. Not on the unknown threat that lays in wait to strike. The dock area was the most active due to the influx of Marines, mainly new recruits, coming in and also supplies being loaded onto ships. Taking a long glance at someone's face would not happen here. Unless you where some high ranking officer that had the leeway could afford to stop and talk to someone. Ira found this out when he had first arrived her, three days ago. Having come in, himself, as a fresh recruit and not the same way he had left the Island he was previously on before then. Only not being recognized because he currently didn't appear like his usual self. The main difference being that he had on a surgical mask with the Marine insignia on it. He was given permission to wear this with his uniform due to be sick and not wanting to pass it to others, but to also keep it so he could still work and help out. Due to how things where currently going no one cared about this as one person wearing that was the least of their worries. As long as he was working they didn't care at all.  At this time Ira was just the many other recruits, loading up ships for departure and checking them. Simple heavy lifting things.

Why Ira wasn't out and about as his usual self, and was hiding his identity. Was because he was after someone and didn't want to alert them of his presence, as he knows they still haven't been alerted even with his small incident back on Occulto. And even if word would come from it there was no proof that Ira was heading here, or headed here.

"Lift with your back!" Someone would bark at Ira as he seemed to struggle with lifting up a crate, but he wasn't. Something had just caught his eye, and that was someone emerging from the waters.

"Who is that, Sir? Should we stop him?" Ira would ask the one barking at him. As he didn't know who that person was at all, and only did this to show he was truly a fresh fish here.

"Ugh! Mind you business, kid. That is a Rear Admiral, and I think a Prince or something like that. What he is doing doesn't concern you, all you need to do is lift this and load the ship." The Marine officer would tell Ira, and Ira would do as he was told. Soon after Ira would hear a whistle and that signified they could have a thirty minute break. As he whipped the sweat from his brow he would disembark the ship, like a few other recruits. Finding out who that man was made Ira want to ask him something, and hopefully get a answer. So, unlike the others he had a bit of kick in his step. Going at a bit of a fast paced walk. Though, it seemed that Ira had lost sight of the dark skinned Rear Admiral. But after asking a few Marines as they passed by him they pointed him in the right direction, someone even showed him since they were on a small break just like Ira.

"Thank you." Is all Ira would tell the fellow Marine once the Rear Admiral was in view. They had made it a ways from the docks, leaving to another district entirely. It being busy but less than the chaotic docks. His distance from the Rear Admirals was only a mere five meters and he was still getting closer. They'd probably notice him, and that was okay. He didn't have any true ill will toward them whatsoever, and hopefully wouldn't have any after speaking with them. As they still where within a open place. And many people where around them, though they were either carrying things or rushing to some other area. Quickly, once two feet away from them, he'd get to the position of attention and salute. Waiting to speak after Ritz finished.

"I'm Ensign Nen. Sorry to interrupt, Sir and Madam! But I am lost and in need of assistance. I was told to meet my Superior at the training grounds, but I have been given the wrong information a few times. Would any of you be so kind and show me the way!" Ira tried to speak with the utmost respect.

6What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:10 pm

Xanny

Admirals
Admirals

Xanny
Xanus nodded. Ritsu stated that preparations were goin well, and the upcoming event would be a chance "for us all". At that point Xanus sighed. A chance for what? For innocent men and women to die? I suppose she was right. "So it seems.". He replied softly and listened to his peer speak once more. This time he began gazing upon the people of Marineford, noticing a masked man walking towards the two. Whether Ritsu noticed him or not was unclear, but he assumed she did considering he'd been walking directly towards them, being on the right side of Xanus. Rear Admiral Ritsu explained that she'd been feeling off lately, not exactly like herself for one reason or another. Coincidentally she'd been looking for some time to practice as did the Thonian prince. Xanny didn't even obtain the chance to speak, as the conversation was interrupted - not rudely, however, by the man with the mask. He must have been sick or something. Ensign Nen. He'd remember that. He spoke with much respect and seemed sincere about what he was looking for, how could he turn down such a seemingly nice marine. "I am Rear Admiral Xanus Arkonium, nice to meet you Nen." Still, saying Rear Admiral sounded so cliche. "I suppose we could take you there, friend." Trust me, this was not an act. Xanus was a man of warmth and love, much like all the people from Thonis. He glanced over at Ritsu to see what she had to say. Even if she refused, he'd take the ensign there himself although he did find a couple of things weird about this situation. Out of all these people on Marineford who've actually been to the training grounds, he's been given the wrong information? Not once, but a few times. Surely almost every marine on Marineford has been to the training grounds at least once or at least most marines have, even ensigns. He also addressed them as Sir and Madam, as if he didn't know who they were. If that was the case then why'd he go through the trouble of approaching them two specifically. Hm.. Perhaps he was thinking too much. Must be the side effects of being...well... a thinker. This man was respectful, there was no reason for him not to show respect as well.   

7What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:28 am

Ritz

Admirals
Admirals

Ritz

The conversation was interrupted by the appearance of a certain masked ensign. He was a newbie by the looks of it and needed help getting to the training grounds. It was very convenient was what Ritsu thought as she was probably going to head there after this anyway. The prince introduced himself to the guy and offered to take him there himself. That was certainly kind of him. She didn't know much about what sort of a noble Xanus was but he was probably the kind of dashing prince who had a good reputation and was loved by his people.

Xanus never replied to her question about how things were on his end as he probably deemed helping out someone in need was more important. There was nothing wrong with that and she didn't take offense. If there was anyone that needed talking to, it was the ensign's superior for giving him inadequate instructions regarding their meeting place. Ritsu sincerely hoped it wasn't an officer who was of the same or higher rank than herself.

"Yes, it won't be a problem. I did have plans to go there myself today anyway. Being a little early wouldn't hurt." She said, affirming and supporting Xanus's response.

There wasn't really anything unusual about a newbie being lost in Marineford. She was basing this thought from her own first experience when she arrived there. She did expect people to be a bit more helpful and reliable though. Perhaps it was because of all the buzz and being busy with things that they aren't giving much attention to a newcomer's problems.

Ritsu would walk next to Xanus on the opposite side as the ensign as they headed to the training grounds, doing some light stretching with her arms as they went. She was careful not to knock-off Meme who was still fast asleep on top of her head. She was a bit curious about the new guy, with his peculiar appearance and all and so decided to do a little interview.

"I'm Ritsu by the way. Same rank as the prince here. No I'm not royalty, but I wouldn't say no to experiencing what that's like even for just a day.

"Where are you from Nen and how long since you were reassigned to Marineford?"

"That's quite a peculiar mask. Is it for medical reasons or just wanting to look cool? I won't judge."
She chuckled. New guys these days tried anything to stand out from their peers.

She tried to put on a friendly smile on her face the entire time, but as luck would have it, she had one of her slightly creepier I'm-plotting-something smiles instead. Though this was completely unintentional and unconscious on her part. She would realize her mistake if either of the two showed a reaction as this wasn't the first time she accidentally looked like she was planning some mischief, when she really wasn't.

8What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Event NPC

Pappa Smexy
Pappa Smexy

Event NPC

It seems they where actually nice and planned on showing him where the training grounds where, personally. Though, Ira might've goofed up a bit. The female Rear Admirals, Ritz, would tell him that she and the Prince where of the same rank, and the Prince would introduce himself rank first. This was something that Ira knew before he said anything to them, but he should've addressed them by their ranks instead of how he did. Mentally he was kicking himself for this but would get over it, but he'd be more careful in his acts from her on. He did find it strange that they both were so nice though. Ira has meet a few Admirals in his life time and well none addressed him a 'Friend' right off the bat, especially with Ira posing as a Ensign. The other one though seemed to be a bit creepy, just from her strange smile. Ira would feel something wet hit him on the top of his head, and then a few mores. It seems the weather wasn't going to the best or it there was going to be some light showers. Looking up for a few seconds he would see that they weren't thunderclouds, but they were ready to burst. Most wouldn't be able to tell this just from a quick glance but when you where a Navigator and needed to know the weather you were quick on these things. Ira though didn't care if it rained or not though, as he could train outside in it if it called for it.

"Well, I've recent been drafted into the Marines. I showed a bit of I don't know...skill or whatever they use to judge people. So they put me all the way up to Ensign. Maybe if I wasn't so sickly I would've gotten higher. Hence the mask. I don't even know if it's a cold this time or not. The Doctors tough gave me this and I drew the insignia on myself. To well....look cool I guess." Ira would speak as they all began to walk, since they were leading the way he was directly behind the Rear Admirals. Not super close but within arms reach. That could change if they decided to position themselves somewhere else as they led the way, but from where Ira was standing that was where they ended up. "Oh crud!" Ira would say out loud as he stopped in his tracks. He would bow and begin to speak once more. "Before we go any further I want to apologize! I didn't address my superiors correctly, I don't think, and I should correct that! Please accept my apologize Rear Admiral Ritz and ugh Prince Rear Admiral Xanus!" He needed to show that he respected their ranks and he knew the pecking order. As any other Rear Admiral might've taken offense to his rudeness. Though he deep down didn't feel anything he said he was not himself right now. He was Ensign Nen, and would act as such. A true actor had to display the right emotions and attitude when taking on a role.

Ira would raise from bowing when they told him. But, if they just ignored what he said he wouldn't take offense to it and would get back in the position he was in when they were walking. Hopefully it would be the first thing, and if so he would speak again once they resumed walking. Though if it was the latter he would still ask this question but only after they would finishing speaking, if they spoke at all.

"Though, I've only recently joined the Marines I'd love to ask you guys a question. What is Justice in your eyes?"

Ira knew about the training grounds within Marineford, as they were multiple. And from where they were heading, which was inside, it seemed they would be heading to the indoor one. Which was fine as that mean't they'd have to go through a few different hallways and corridors before arriving. Ira wondered though how things would play out today, and what he actually was about to do. He needed to speak to Ritz about Anubis, as he knows she visited him before. It was already common knowledge that a few Celestial Dragons, as well as Gorosei, had been here recently, and some are still here. As the amount of security in their area was something else, almost impregnable if attacked. Lucky for Ira they were at the tip top of the building, many floors from him. As the training facility inside wasn't going to be more than on the second or third level. Not at the highest due to the possible hazards that could happen. But from what Ira knew it was pretty resilient since it was inside.

Why he had asked them about what 'Justice' meant to them was just to see what type of marines they were. And if their answer wasn't to what Ira liked, the outcome was decided. But, there was a chance that they would be those rare type marines.  

9What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Xanny

Admirals
Admirals

Xanny
It seemed that they were headed to the training grounds then. Ritsu didn't mind taking the ensign there, and they probably would all end up training there, even Nen's superior perhaps. The rear admiral wondered who his "superior" was anyway. Surely his it had to be someone of a high enough rank, commodore at least. If this was true, then Xanus would be the first to know who they were. He did his reasearch on every high ranked officer because knowledge is power. Rear Admiral Ritsu introduced herself, making it known that she was no noble. She'd love to experience what it was like though. The Prince chuckled. He was lucky, it was true. Should he have been born to a poor family he probably wouldn't be in this position. Luck. That's all it was. Xanus enjoyed his colleagues company, she kept things interesting. She was quite strange, however. When he turned his head to look at her, she smirked as if she had mischievous thoughts. She addressed the face mask that Nen had been sporting with what seemed to be confidence. His appearance was so boisterous, edgy much, craving for the attention of those around. Not saying that he was seeking attention, but his style was loud.

The ensign spoke on how he just joined the marines ranks. His skill was good enough for them to bump him up to ensign off the back.The fact that he believed that he could have been in a higher position if he wasn't sick meant that he was confident in his abilities. Xanus now has something to look forward to in this training session. It was odd how the doctors would allow him to continue working with a face mask on. For a regular cold that wasn't necessary.  The mask also didn't look cheap, not like a mask any doctor would give you. Hm he thought as he strolled in front of his peers. "Hm? The brown boy turned to see the matter. Apparently Nen didn't feel like he addressed the Admirals properly. He bowed and showed his respect. Raising his hand and placing it behind his head he blushed and chuckled awkwardly. "No need to apologize, Nen. It's quite alright." Dang, Nen was actually striking the prince as a respectful man. The Ensign spoke again, saying that although he was a new marine, he wanted to know what they thought justice was. Nearly Shocked, Xanus smiled. He liked this guy already. "Well..doing what is right of course. It's rather simple actually. Justice is defending the basic rights of all living beings no matter who they are or what they've done."He spoke with passion.

10What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:48 am

Ritz

Admirals
Admirals

Ritz

Ritsu listened as the ensign gave his response. It was a boring reply to be honest. He seemed to be implying he was quite skilled despite his "sickness" but for some reason she wasn't feeling too convinced. She merely shrugged and smiled in response to the guy's sudden apology about addressing them disrespectfully since she had long considered the conversation to be too casual to be bothered with ranks and all that. She would leave it to Xanus to reassure him it was all fine. If anything, she was more concerned that people seemed to be dodging her questions a lot today. In this instance, Nen left out from his story where exactly he came from. It wasn't always the case, but their place of origin could sometimes be used as a decent indicator of their strength. A man whose hometown is in the New World for example would probably sound more impressive than someone from East Blue and give some additional weight to his words. Of course nothing still tops seeing their strength in person but origins were details she was interested in when it came to meeting and getting to know people.

On top of her head, Ritsu's little passenger began to stir. She didn't fully wake up and merely patted the Rear Admiral's hair about three times before going back to sleep. She looked up, realizing that the dwarf was telling her to mind the weather. It was already a bit cloudy earlier that day so she didn't notice the clouds had developed this much in just a few hours and was probably going to start pouring very soon. She didn't want to get caught wet outside and Meme probably shared the same feeling hence her warning. It was a good thing they were heading to an indoor training area.

She didn't show it but she was slightly miffed that the conversation had jumped to a more heavy and philosophical topic when she didn't even get all the answers he wanted from her simple question. But that was probably how all newcomers were. One of the hardest things about being a newbie was figuring out if you wanted to stick with your own ideals or try to align them with that of your superiors. Not everyone gets along but the world was not so nice that they would consider your personal feelings every single time. Sometimes values just clash between superior and subordinate, with the latter being put in a difficult position. She's seen it many times. It wasn't unusual that the ensign would be curious about the beliefs of people who might become his direct superiors one day.

Ritsu listened to the prince's response first and held back chuckling after he spoke. He sounded very prince-like, talking about rights. She could get behind that sort of thinking. It wasn't overly idealistic and it didn't discriminate or favor a particular opinion or perspective. Perhaps the only flaw she could point out was that in the world they lived in, the sad truth is that even "basic rights" are slowly becoming a perspective as well. Depending on who you are talking to or where you are, it could mean differently. Thonis must be a good country if he can speak this proudly.

Ritsu thought for a moment about her own response. In truth, while she was amused at the reply Xanus gave, she was probably just as passionate if not more so about her own beliefs. But she didn't really feel like being overbearing or converting people to her cause that day, so she would try to keep it simple as well.

"For me justice is fairness. Rules, laws, and agreements only hold weight when they apply to everyone equally and without exception."

She smiled before continuing, controlling the urge to laugh.

"But no, even I'm not perfect, despite what I said. I won't deny that my record is not clean and I've bent the rules on occasion. Very, very rare occasions. Of course that's still not okay. But you take responsibility and accept the consequences when you do. That's what's important. That's what's fair."

A particularly "dark" memory briefly flashed in her mind, but that was a story for another time.

"How about you? What's your take on justice?"

11What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Event NPC

Pappa Smexy
Pappa Smexy

Event NPC
What to do, What to do?!  Tumblr_oomvy1FdeP1w8zshoo1_500

"I should've expected I'd be asked the same question. I *cough cough* might take longer to reply, so bare with me." Ensign Nen would say as they continued to walk. He wouldn't say anything right away, maybe taking a good ten minutes to think of a truthful response. That was a long time but he wanted to think about everything that they said deeply, even though they gave brief responses. He has seen many different demonstrations of Justice and many different definitions. They came in all different shapes and sizes but none could be agreed upon by everyone. Even Nen couldn't give a true definition of Justice. That though wasn't the question. What Nen had asked wasn't what was the right or wrong type of Justice. But, rather what was their type of Justice. Nen will though judge them on their justice.

'Short and sweet responses, I guess. But they could've done better. Young Prince you will never be able to defend the rights of everyone within this world. We are not all equal, and never will be. Even you are seen with different rights with your status as a Noble.' Nen would say as he knew of hos Nobility was. As he worked under the highest power back on his home Island, for many years. And has seen that Man bend the rules and also infringe on the rights of others for personal gain, whether little or small. And all because he could. The Shogun of Wano was the person that Ensign Nen worked under. And though he looks young at this moment, a few months ago you would've seen different. Devil Fruits users are people that you should stay away from.

"Man, being asked this myself...is kinda hard. I still can't think of anything really. As I could give you the definition of Justice. But what I personally see Justice as is everyone being able to have equal footing in this world. Or well fairness, like Rear Admiral Ritsu said. But I know that they'll never happen. It has been proven it will never happen. Anyone can say how fairness can be achieved and kept, but not everyone will follow that.  

Maybe I should've ask another question, as I don't want to get too deep into this type of discussion. As I might be able to go on for hours. But can I ask something more personal? I promise it won't be anything about your love lives."
Ensign Nen would stop speaking if they wanted him too, as he knew how someone talking too much could be annoying. But, if he would allow speak more he would. As what he had them talk about was something that could be controversial.

"You two are Rear Admirals. Does that mean you are pretty strong? And in a couple of years may even be on the level of the current Admirals?" Only after they answered at least one of those two questions he would ask something again. "Is your strentgh good enough to protect the things that you care for?" Would be his final follow up question. And then they'd probably show up to the training facility. Why Ensign Nen asked them about strength was simple, he wanted to test them. Hopefully when they all arrived to the training facility they'd train with him. Through his whole life he wasn't gone up against a Marines, and he couldn't miss the opportunity to test himself against two Rear Admirals.

12What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Xanny

Admirals
Admirals

Xanny
Yeah yeah. Sure he might've sounded all high and mighty, but he meant every word. He was against murder, stealing, or purposely hurting anyone. His mother raised him right as did the councilmen of Thonis, he had them to thank for his mindset. Whether or not the ensign or Ritsu agreed with his personal opinions wouldn't change his perspective on them or their opinions, he hardly ever let words speak louder than actions. The both of them seemed to be pretty well off in the head, they'd probably agree - or at least he hoped so. Xanus was young, he still had time to grow and he knew that his life was only beginning. Perhaps he was wrong, maybe justice wasn't what he thought it was. Maybe his nobility blinded him from seeing the harsh realities of life. He'd never had to steal, or purposely hurt anyone but everyone had different lives.

"Rules, laws, and agreements only hold weight when they apply to everyone..." He agreed. If only they actually did apply to everyone it'd be an utopian society, but even he knew that was myth. This conversation caused him to think a little deeper than he expected. He'd never really paid attention to the fact that there were actually people who could do anything and remain innocent in the eyes of the law... There were living beings who could kill, rape or just harm anyone they wanted and not even have the higher-ups look their way. Celestial Dragons. The Prince's train of thought was shifted as Ritsu's voice picked up once more. His eyes darted towards her and he watched as she spoke, almost snickering at the small person on her head who'd been sleeping for quite some time now. Xanus simply nodded as the woman spoke on her having experience with bending the rules, she recognized that that wasn't okay. All in All Xanus agreed with what she said.

Then it was time for Nen to speak. Honestly his edgy look made the Thonian think he was going to say something totally...weird, but ironically he kept it simple. He agreed with Ritsu but understood that equality was a longshot. "Mmm.." was all that managed to come from himself. The Ensign went on to ask a question he deemed rather personal, though it didn't seem so personal at all. "I'd like to think I'm strong, so Yes. The Admirals now are people of strength I've never seen before, but I believe I can beat even them come a few years. " He wasn't the greatest at combat, he could admit. If it wasn't for his knowledge on fishman techniques he'd be fucked. Once him and Ritsu were done answering that question, Nen hit them with another one! This one was a bit deeper than the last one, but he answered nonetheless. "I don't think I'll ever be strong enough to protect those I care about. There's always something in this cruel world, and you're just never ready for that something."

13What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:01 am

Ritz

Admirals
Admirals

Ritz

Ritsu was glad to hear that the newbie shared with her a similar if not the same feeling about justice. His additional comment that everyone being on equal footing was not actually possible was just stating the truth. That wasn't what she was getting at though. Her response was more on a personal level. The world may not be fair to everyone, but she herself, when it comes to dealing and interacting with other people, would be fair and just. A society built on equality was an idealistic dream. Since people had different values, the next best thing was for them to treat everyone else fairly according to those personal values.

"I believe the trick is not relying on some universal rules of fairness for everyone to follow. That's a tall order for even the best leader. It's about having your own rules about fairness and following them to heart. Judge yourself and everyone else according to your own values without prejudice or exception."

As they neared the training grounds, Nen asked a question that piqued her interest. She actually couldn't stop herself from laughing this time around. But though she opened her mouth first, it was Xanus who actually gave a proper response ahead of her. The prince was quite confident in his skills. Well to be more accurate, his potential. Ritsu already had a feeling that he possessed above average ability, but this boast of someday defeating the Admirals was mildly surprising considering his earlier demeanor.

"I like that attitude prince! It's always good to aim high and feel confident about yourself! Surpassing the Admirals in a few years is not a bad goal."

"As for me, well I'm just waiting to get a shot at it. You might think I'm joking but I'm not. Am I on the level of the Admirals or will they toss me around like a toy? I won't really know until it actually happens. I'm of the mindset of seeing and experiencing things for myself."

She realized that might have been a bit much and coughed to interrupt herself.

"But yes, to cut to the chase, I believe I'm quite strong."

The follow-up question was probably the personal query the newbie gave them a heads up about. Were they strong enough to protect the things they cared for? Once more, Xanus beat her to giving a reply but that was fine really. She wasn't sure if she could give a speedy response to this one. In the first place, the "things she cared for" bit was something she had not defined for herself in a long time. Did that refer to her allies and comrades? Perhaps in a way. But her loyalty to them was more out of duty and respect than any sense of personal attachment. Her strength was something she used for herself, her duties, and to uphold the values she believed in.

The prince's response was something Ritsu felt was more fitting to his character than that confidence he displayed in the prior question. Though maybe it was a tiny bit overboard in the other direction. Despite believing himself to have enough talent to surpass the Admirals some day, he still felt he would still be lacking in ability to protect everyone he cared about. Was he being pessimistic or overly realistic? Perhaps the reason he replied that way was because he too experienced some sort of tragedy that took something important from him.

"As I said before, I'm someone who prefers to see and experience things for myself. Who knows if I'll ever run into something like what Xanus here mentioned. But I'm not as pessimistic. Until the day I'm proven wrong, I'll keep believing in my power and that with it, I can and will protect the things I care about."

The smile she had on her face this time around was not the weird creepy one. Instead it was something more sincere and reserved.

They finally arrived at the training grounds and found that there were quite a few others present. Most were taking a break from exercising though and just talking on the sidelines. It was hard to tell at first glance which one of them was the superior Nen was supposed to meet. So she just waited for him to point out the guy. Meanwhile, as though it was just waiting for them to get somewhere dry, the clouds outside finally broke and a downpour started.

The facility was quite spacious. Most equipment were on the sides including exercise machines and racks for practice weapons. Training dummies and other things that could be used for target practice were also neatly stowed away in one corner as they currently weren't in use. This left a wide open area in the middle where people could do some running or even sparring. Assuming there weren't anymore deep discussions about their beliefs or personal lives, she would unconsciously begin doing a bit of stretching as they walked.

14What to do, What to do?!  Empty Re: What to do, What to do?! Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Event NPC

Pappa Smexy
Pappa Smexy

Event NPC
What to do, What to do?!  Tumblr_o9wzgbhar71ugee1to1_1280

"He isn't here, crud." Ensign Nen would say as he would finish looking around the room, not seeing anyone he knew. Since it wasn't no more than  64 feet long and 50 feet wide, a decent sized training facility. And looking up he'd see this was just the first level. As there were people above them leaning over some balcony, peering down. How high up the ceiling was Ensign Nen couldn't tell..  And that was something he knew was going to happen, as he didn't have a Commanding Officer here. He would walk over to the sparring area, no one was there. And he would stand there for a few seconds before turning around and stare at Ritz. Honestly, she was a beautiful women. This was the first time he actually was checking her out, and it was a bit obvious. He had sharp eyes, probably the best in all Marineford or at least within this room. Ensign Nen was truly cocky for no reason, but he tries to not say the things he thinks out loud.

"Rear Admiral Ritsu. He isn't here but would you and the Prince care to duel me? And I mean a serious fight. I want to at least get some training in before I go searching the whole base for my Commanding Officer. Unless you guys think you'd lose to a Ensign like me? If you agree please step within this area with me, and then we'll begin. No tricks though we marines don't need to resort to anything cheap. Also that is when I'll how we are going to do this duel." He spoke with a lot of confidence and also loud enough to get the attention of almost everyone within the training facility. It looked like the highest ranking officers here where Ritsu and the Prince, as whispers began to spread around. They wanted to see how this would play out. Was a Rear Admiral going to accept such a challenge or tell the Ensign to bug off. All Rear Admirals, or anyone with a high rank for that matter, always took challenges differently. Honestly, Ensign Nen could get in trouble for asking her this.  

Ensign Nen stood their, smirking under his mask, as he waited for a response. He was serious right now, but also excited. He wanted to see what a Rear Admiral could do, and he wouldn't settle for nothing. As he would attack if she just brushed him off, same for the Prince. He though would unleash his overwhelming willpower outward if something would happen before she entered the ring, as he wanted the fight to officially start there.

"Also, before you asked where I was from. I've been waiting to tell you. I am a Ronin from Wano, well before joining the marines. And not to hype myself up too much...I am also the Greatest Swordsmen to ever live. But on to how to decided the victor of the duel. Obviously killing is out of the question. To win is to pin them on the ground for more than ten seconds. And the other way to win is knocking the other out. " He would say as something would begin to form in his previously empty left hand. This happening even if he would be attacked before speaking. He'd create a simple Katana with a overall length 41". The blade being that of 29" and hand;e being 11". Finally it has a 28" thickness and 1.4" inch width. All measurements are in inches.

Ensign Nen didn't take up any stance once his sword was created, as he would wait for the Rear Admiral to accept or make the first move. There wasn't anything behind him but a few guys watching, stopping at the edge of the sparring area, to get a closer look. They hoped this would be a good fight. Or at least see the Rear Admiral kick the mess out of a cocky Ensign.

Skills:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum