One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
What's Good With the Forge EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
What's Good With the Forge EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
What's Good With the Forge EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
What's Good With the Forge EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
What's Good With the Forge EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
What's Good With the Forge EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
What's Good With the Forge EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
What's Good With the Forge EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
What's Good With the Forge EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What's Good With the Forge Empty What's Good With the Forge Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:08 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Meeting Between Rebels
icon
Drag 'em
Straight
To Hell
With Me
It had been so long since the Ensign was graced with free time. There was word of a gathering coming in the near future, so it seemed that a decent gob of boys in blue were off the leash for the time being. Alphie let loose by getting out of his usual get up and dressy more casually. A white button up was left open on his torso showing the Marine had a bit of weight around his neck. A necklace of gold and a dark-red bead necklace rested on his chest and bounced off the toned surface as he took his nonchalant strides. The button up had the sleeves rolled to his elbows and like usual, he had black gloves on covering his hands. Around his waist was a red sash that hung off on his right side. He had his pistol Curtail tucked safely in this sash, the handle exposed due to his shirt being open. This pistol was slightly off center favoring his left side, since he was a right handed shooter.

He had mocha brown pants on, color of devilish dark chocolate, but boots that met them and tucked them away that reached to his calves. His maroon hair was bound in a small pony tail and not much else could be said about his physical appearance. Oh, and he had his weapon Same-kiri Bocho with him. Bound to his back by a leather strap that had a large clasp on it over the weapon. This strap went diagonally over his left shoulder, while Same-kiri Bocho's handle peeked out over his right shoulder for easy retrieval. Today he was visiting a blacksmith that would be doing some maintenance on his baby. In addition to the usual maintenance, Alphie wanted to see if the Blacksmith could add some length to the blade. While he found 40 inches was nice, he found himself growing used to the weight. As a practitioner of Oars Kenjutsu, it was important to use one's weapon's weight to their advantage. So if he could handle more weight, he'd try to get it and with this weight came more length.

Knocking on the door of the smithy, Alphie backed up and waited for an answer.

2What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:01 am

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
Linedwell had only recently walked into the once abandoned forge, hoping that he could find some more equipment that he could scavenge before leaving this place behind completely. He'd made the money he needed to make in order to afford a ferry to another island, and now the only thing left was to deal with the rest of his detachment before shoving off. Everything appeared to be moving according to plan - except for the knock at the door that came just as Linedwell was preparing himself to exit. Out of instinct, Linedwell's right hand had fallen onto the hilt of O-Ren Ishii, but he soon realized how jumpy he was being. It wasn't likely that this knock belonged to anyone from his detachment, if anything it was probably one of the citizens simply wondering why he was inside of this building.

Deciding that this was likely the case, Linedwell breathed a sigh of relief and made his way to the door. He gave a finally look around the room, making sure he didn't leave anything behind before he then opened the door up. To his surprise, the person in front of him didn't seem to be anyone he recognized from around here. Though he hadn't been on the island long, he'd had enough time here to get an idea of what the citizens here looked like - and this man didn't fit the bill.

"Can I help you?"

Linedwell wasn't exactly sure what to say besides this. It was obvious this man wanted something, and now he'd have to find out what it was.

3What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:09 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Meeting Between Rebels
icon
Drag 'em
Straight
To Hell
With Me
As the door opened, Alphie stepped inside, inviting himself, seeing the door opening as a sign of the shop being open. As he walked inside, he would look around but also explain why he was here. "Yeah . . . I'm looking to get some maintenance done on my sword. Maybe get a few inches added on to it. I can pay of course." He pulled out a wad of Beli notes in between his index and middle fingers in a cool manner, before stuffing them back in his pockets. They were bound by a rubber band, just the way he liked to keep his money. Having looked around, in Alphie's opinion the forge wasn't looking too good. It looked as if no one had been cleaning it or using it at that. "Damn . . . are you guys even open for businesses?" He would look at the one who opened the door for him, with a look of curiosity. He noticed the weapon he had with him, he didn't think much of it, everyone carried weapons, but it was always smart to keep these things in mind should things go south. "Shit, even if you're not, could you just help me out. These assholes Marines don't give me too much free time and this is the only time I have to get my weapon saw too. It's not cutting like it used to Doc." He jested with the male, trying to lighten the mood in the sullen atmosphere the forge created.

4What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
Before Linedwell could even say anything else, the man that pushed his way into the smithy had already given Linedwell a wealth of information about himself. It seemed this man also happened to be a Marine, yet, Linedwell didn't recognize him as anyone from his detachment. A slight wave of worry passed over Linedwell as he thought of the possibility that yet another detachment had made their way into this area. If this was the case, then carrying out the plan he had would become even harder than it already was. Linedwell needed more information, and thus he'd have to play along and see how much information he could fish out.

"I was just about to close up shop, but I don't mind checking your weapon out."

As he spoke, Linedwell made his way over to the forge and lit it, preparing it for whatever work he'd end up doing on the blade. Linedwell figured that in helping the male he'd be able to gain a few answers, and honestly, the extra Beli couldn't hurt. After the forge was fully prepared for work, Linedwell turned around and faced the male one more.

"You have a specific length you want added to the blade?"

From what Linedwell could already see, the blade that this man wanted extra length added to seemed to already be of a length that most people wouldn't be able to wield. The thought of adding more length to it was something that seemed as though it would make the blade almost completely unusable, but then again, Linedwell had been aware of fighting styles that were more unorthodox than a long blade, and this man seemed to know what he was doing. There wasn't any point trying to talk the man out of what he wanted.

"There are two ways I could go about upgrading your blade. I could simply add the length to the blade by melting down some metal I have here, then by heating the tip of your blade and welding the two pieces of metal together. The process is quicker, and there'd be no loss to the durability of your blade - but if you're concerned about appearances you'd always be able to see the weld point. The second option is that I reforge your blade completely. It'll take longer, but in essence it'll be a new sword."

Words: 406

5What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:25 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Guwop

Guwop

Guwop

Guwop

addicted to bitches, power, gold chains, and some murder

Alphie ran his finger over a counter top as he watched the Blacksmith light up the forge in preparation. The counter was pretty dusty, Alphie was a bit curious as to whether the people who worked here bothered cleaning things, but as long as he was getting his weapon worked on he was fine. A bit uneasy, but he was fine for the most part. "Yeah, I'm looking for 10 Inches." He would say as he took the weapon out of the holster carefully and safely by the handle. Holding it as one would to present the blade to one as a gift, in both hands on the flat of the sword, palms turned up to the ceiling, he would give the weapon tot he Blacksmith. "Uh, if you don't mind you could just melt the thing down or whatever you said the second option was. Might as well go big since I got the time and funds." Dusting off the countertop, he hoisted himself up on to it to sit and watch the Blacksmith while he worked. "The original length is 40 inches, not sure what metal that is, but it's nothing special got it off some pirate back in my golden years." He would say with pride lathering his tongue and grinning.
"So what do you do out here. Not many people seem to keen on weapons given this is Karate Island. Not the most savvy place to have a forge is it?
乐 乑 乒 乓 out of character 乔 乕 乖 乗:

6What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:32 am

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
Just as Linedwell had assumed, it seemed this man was more knowledgeable about this blade than he'd initially given him credit for. After having accepted the blade from the man he'd instructed that he'd prefer "option 2" as the method used to upgrade his weapon. Though there wasn't necessarily anything wrong with option one, option two would allow Linedwell to not only increase the length of the blade by the specified ten inches that he requested, but to also increase the quality of steel. As Linedwell held the blade in his upturned palms he gave it a quick glance over, allowing him to get a few details he hadn't previously noticed. It seemed that this weapon was actually one entire piece of steel, compared to it being just a blade and a tang which was then placed inside of a hilt. The blade, handle, and pommel ring seemed to all be one complete piece of steel - and in simpler terms it meant melting down this weapon and reforging it would be easier than he initially thought.

After this glance over, Linedwell placed the blade on the counter before getting a long sheet of parchment and a stick of charcoal. He traced over the blade, making sure to documents it shape, dimensions, and design before also drawing the extra ten inches that were to be added. While Linedwell made this sketch, the customer hoisted himself up onto the counter before speaking more about the weapon.

"I see..."

Linedwell didn't necessarily mean to give the impression that he wasn't paying much attention, when in actuality the truth of the matter is that he found the origin of the weapon to be quite interesting. He'd never seen a weapon quite like this. Sure, he'd seen nodachis and yes, he'd seen cleavers - but he'd never seen a weapon that so seamlessly combined both elements of these before. Linedwell found it hard to believe that a weapon such as this one would have been in the hands of a mere pirate, but then again it may have been highly unlikely that the pirate had any personal connection to this blade - as he may have simply plundered it from someone else.

With the sketching finished, Linedwell proceeded back to the forge in time to see that its heat had reached a high enough temperature to begin melting the blade down. After unwrapping the cloth on the handle, Linedwell placed the blade into the forge in order to begin the melting process. It would take a bit, but while he did that he'd begin working on the cast for the new blade through use of the sketch he'd created. While doing this, the customer began to ask about Linedwell's decision to create a forge on a place like Karate Island. The inquisitiveness of this Marine was something that began to put Linedwell a bit on edge, but he decided that a question such as this one could have simply been one forged (pun not intended) of curiosity and nothing else. With his degree in bullshitting, Linedwell had been able to come up with an adequate answer.

"In the regard of weapons, you're right, a place like this isn't a great location. I'd say less than 10% of my regular sales come from weapon forging. However, I forge a lot more than weapons...farm equipment, nails, anything that involves any type of metallurgy is my specialty. Even though the citizens here on Karate Island don't need weapons, they happen to need everything else I create. So I do alright here."

Feeling good about his reply to man's question, Linedwell decided it was now time to get a few answers out of the Marine.

"How about you? We've seen a lot of Marines here lately. Did you come here on leave with a detachment or something?"

Words: 657
Total Forging WC: 1063

7What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:02 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Guwop

Guwop

Guwop

Guwop

Running his fingers through his hair subconsciously as he looked around the forge and listened to the Blacksmith talk, he nodded to his words. It was a bit silly to think the only thing Blacksmiths made were weapons. "I never thought of it like that and forgot Blacksmiths do more than weapon work. I can imagine its not so often you come across hunks of metal like that though." With a few swings of his legs, he pushed himself off the counter with his hands and landed on the floor with a light tap. Walking around the forge looking at the wares and stuff, he'd answer the man's question. "Nah, I didn't come with a detachment, there's already one stationed here from what I was told." He stretched and let his words ride a yawn. "So I took a ferry out here while on leave. Got a few old friends that live out here. Not that often I get to link up with them." More so, he was keeping in contact with his pirate allies, so when the time came his transition could be the smoothest for him, but that was a whole other thing. "On some other stuff though. You guys get pirates and stuff as customers? I know with the whole New Age talk, piracy has been booming as of late, so I can image a few stragglers find their way out here." He took a sword off a rack and examined it a bit, before giving it a few harmless swings and putting it back.

8What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
The male's response about if he'd arrived with a detachment or not was something that immediately set Linedwell at ease. It appeared that this man came here of his own accord and not with any other Marines. The detachment that this man spoke about and referred to as "already being stationed here", was obviously Linedwell's. The blacksmith made sure not to give off any indication of his elated mood though, otherwise it would give off the impression that there was something more to his question than innocent curiosity. This man was already inquisitive enough and one thing Linedwell didn't need was someone figuring out his future plot before they could even lift off the ground.

Linedwell soon began to walk back over to the forge in time to see that the sword had finally melted down, as well as the extra steel that was to be added to the blade. After pouring the melted metal into the finished cast, Linedwell prepared his other tools for what he'd need to do next. After the metal cooled and the shape of the overall sword was formed Linedwell would only need to hammer down the edge and sharpen it. While Linedwell prepared himself for this, the male began to ask yet another round of questions, this time asking about pirates and about how much they might have frequented the shop.

"Usually, asking questions such as those would get someone killed, so I've never ventured to ask my customers what their occupations are. There have been a few that I've assumed were pirates, but it's safer to simply assume and keep my mouth shut."

Words: 278
Total Forging WC: 1341

9What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:14 am

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Guwop

Guwop

Guwop

Guwop

Alphie chuckled, covering his mouth with a hand weakly as he did so. "Makes sense. I'm excited that a new age of pirates is emerging. I'm jealous of them sometimes, they're free souls. Though some use their freedom in ways that give pirates a bad name, one can't argue that they aren't dream chasers. It takes a wild man to give up their safety and protection as a civilian and go onto the seas to do what they want, but those kind of wild men are what keep this world moving. It's a beautiful thing isn't it." Alphie would walk his way back to the counter and sit upon it again, to observe the blacksmith go to work. He was pretty intrigued by the whole smithing thing, it always interested him, he just never had the motivation to learn about it himself. "How long you been doing this stuff? He tried to pull away from the pirate talk, he knew not too many people were fascinated with pirates or admired them like he did, especially as a marine he shouldn't have really been talking like that. It's not much to get him in trouble for, but it could put him on the radar for a while, which wouldn't be any good for him.

10What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:38 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
Linedwell found himself confused as he continued to listen to his customer. At first Linedwell assumed that this male spoke and asked about Pirates because of his occupation. It would make sense that someone in this field would want to know the comings and goings of Pirates, given that he was employed to apprehend them. Yet, the longer he spoke to this man the more it seemed that he actually seemed to idolize them. Never in Linedwell's time as a Marine had he heard another Marine speak in such a way. Linedwell didn't exactly care if this man admired them or not, yet, it was weird to say the least. With a chuckle, Linedwell decided to be an active part of the conversation again.

"You sure you're a Marine? You sound like you admire those Pirates."

As Linedwell said this he removed the cooling sword from with a pair of tongs before placing the sword in a tub of water to cool. A loud hiss filled the room, followed by a large plume of steam. Once the bubbling came to and end he withdrew the sword from the water and immediately placed it on the anvil. Everything about the blade was completed except for the edge. This blade wouldn't exactly be of any use if it didn't have a sharp enough edge to cut anything with - unless this man didn't mind bludgeoning foes to death. While he began to hammer the edge of the blade down, attempting to flatten and sharpen it he began to speak to the male once more.

"Not for too long, but I feel like I could put my work up there against the best of them...how about you? How long have been doing the whole Marine thing?"

Words: 299
Total Forging WC: 1640

11What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:30 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Guwop

Guwop

Guwop

Guwop

Gulping down some syrup, use the henny for a chaser

Alphie laughed out loud. "I was a pirate before I was a Marine to tell you the truth. This is my punishment for getting captured. Better than dead or in jail though." Alphie rubbed his chin, reminiscing his time as a pirate. While the blacksmith might see the shameless confession as irresponsibility on Alphie's behalf or possibly incriminating, there wasn't much harm in him just saying he used to be a pirate. His superior's knew and for now he was a marine. Though the sands that measured his time as a Marine were draining, he was protected by such a title for the time being. It probably wasn't a secret or something those watching him hadn't come to assume, but when his time was up, he planned on returning to the seas. While he may hold the title a bit longer to poise himself for great strides when the time to leave the "nest", he knew he'd be under heavy watch when those last few days of his term came. He may even be executed, he thought to himself.

Pretty positive the World Government already had his fate drawn out and filed away neatly like they did all their pawns, he eased into his makeshift seat on the counter as for now he was under the protection of his hunters. Watching the Blacksmith hammer away at his weapon he was excited to see the finished product and test the weight. Especially when the blacksmith said he felt his work could compete with the best. "It's only been about a year now, so not too long."

12What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:32 pm

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
Linedwell continued to hammer away at the edge of the blade as the man replied to his question. He attempted to make it seem as though the news that this man had once been a Pirate hadn't shocked him, but the momentary lapse in the rhythm of the hammer probably gave him away. This man seemed to have a lot more to him than Linedwell could have ever initially assumed. He also held a straightforward quality about him that Linedwell couldn't help but respect - even though one could have also seen this quality as being naive, it didn't come off that way. Maybe he simply felt Linedwell was someone that he could somehow trust with information such as this, or maybe he didn't feel the information matter...or maybe this man was simply confident enough in his abilities that any threat that could come out of revealing this "secret" wouldn't be a problem - or maybe it was a combination of all of them.

Either way, Linedwell could now understand why this man seemed to admire the life of a Pirate. Looking at his words from the viewpoint of one who used to be a Pirate, it made sense. A question that Linedwell now had was how a once Pirate became a Marine. Did he join after turning his life around, or had he been able to infiltrate the Marines? Questioning any of this though would have likely been entirely too personal, so Linedwell figured he'd just keep these questions to himself.

While thinking about all of this, Linedwell had finally managed to hammer out the edge of the sword. Linedwell then reached over to the counter and picked up the linen wraps that were once on the hilt of the sword and he began to once again wrap them around the hilt. Once finished with that, Linedwell began to polish the blade.

"Almost done here. You sure you're gonna be able to wield this?"

Linedwell laughed a bit as he said this. He didn't have any doubts that this man would be able to use the sword, but Linedwell did have to admit that the look of this sword was something that could intimidate the average swordsmen.

Words: 375
Total Forging WC: 2015

13What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:07 pm

shootershoot

Free Agents
Free Agents

shootershoot

Ensign Basa

Guwop

Guwop

Guwop

Guwop

Gulping down some syrup, use the henny for a chaser

Alphie noted the offset in the Blacksmith's rhythm, his eye's were looking around the room, but when the tempo changed up, as did the sway of his legs that were moving in synch with it. Looking at the Blacksmith, he wrote it off as just him moving to work on a different section of the blade, or to inspect something, it could have been a number of things. Even if it was because of what Alphie said, a lot of people would be shocked to hear it. His legs adopted the tempo once more in time, but they stopped when he saw the Blacksmith begin wrapping the handle of the weapon in cloth. Hopping off the counter, he approached and smiled with an affirmative nod. "Hell yeah, the thing was starting to get too light for me." He stood watching the Blacksmith polish the blade off, admiring each and every bit of it. "You got any lengths of chain for sale now that I think about it?"

14What's Good With the Forge Empty Re: What's Good With the Forge Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:36 am

Line

Shichibukai
Shichibukai

Line
With the sword finally finished and completely polished, he soon turned possession of the weapon back over to its rightful owner. The blade's length had been increased by the specified length asked of by the customer and the weight of the blade had been increased due to the added length. After finishing the blade, there was an urge for Linedwell to continue forging a few more weapons. Ever since he'd really been delving further into the work of a blacksmith, he began to realize just how much he enjoyed the art of crafting items such as these with his own hands. While he crafted each and every weapon, there was always a challenge that he placed on himself to create a weapon better than the last. With his work on this blade, he felt that he'd been able to one up himself in regards to his prior work. He found himself proud of what he'd been able to accomplish with this blade, and hopefully this man would be able to use it to its full potential.

With the sword no turned over, Linedwell began to rummage through his materials once again, pulling out more metal to work on. He still had time before the job he'd be carrying out tonight, so he could afford to spend a bit more time in the forge crafting a few more items to sell to Nicolette and her crew since the forge had already been heated up. While Linedwell looked for the metal, he heard the man ask about lengths of chain. Linedwell wasn't exactly sure what he'd need it for, but it wasn't really his concern.

"Yeah, I've got one right here."

As he said this, Linedwell knelt down in order to look through the storage area under the counter. There were a few lengths of chain that Linedwell had crafted the day prior in order to help him pull certain objects out of the forge that were far to heavy to do manually because of the heat. There were a few of thee that Linedwell could afford to give away. After getting one of the chains, he handed it to the male.

Words: 369
Total Forging WC: 2384

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum